Ayr vs Raith Rovers

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Can't see Walsh being fit enough to start, should be Zanatta on LM, hopefully he doesn't shoehorn Innes Cameron in that position like he tried at Livingston

Team News: Cammy Smith is suspended after his red card at Alloa last weekend. Tom Walsh is isolating after being contacted by Track and Trace.

21 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Zanatta has loads of ability, not had much of a chance so far so hopefully he takes it! Fantastic to watch when on his game. 

43 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Oh good.  We might get an hour of Zanatta making up the numbers now. 

Sounds like he's every bit as inconsistent now as he was when on loan at us.

13 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Because Ayr is not his first club.

Pretty sure we should have learnt by now to judge players on what they do for us. 

His last two clubs were Alloa and  Partick. One side was a shambles so not completely fair to judge him on it, whereas at Alloa he was excellent. 

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Pretty sure we should have learnt by now to judge players on what they do for us. 

His last two clubs were Alloa and  Partick. One side was a shambles so not completely fair to judge him on it, whereas at Alloa he was excellent. 

We should also stop hyping players up so much. Seems that the longer a player is out of the team the better he becomes.

What I've seen of him for Ayr hasn't left me all that impressed.

7 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

We should also stop hyping players up so much. Seems that the longer a player is out of the team the better he becomes.

What I've seen of him for Ayr hasn't left me all that impressed.

How many minutes has he played? 

Who is hyping him up?!

A truly bizarre comment. He might not impress all season but he deserves more than a couple of appearances to be judged on. 

Edited by No_Problemo

We've both predicted a 3-2, one of us saying Ayr the other Raith. Got to be goals in this one surely... Do Raith fans think Davidson will win his place back in the team on his return? And what do Ayr fans make of Innes Cameron so far, is he bringing anything to the way you play?

Pretty confident Davidson will be back up when he gets fit again. His replacement, Frankie Musonda, has taken his chance and looks like our best centre half. The partnership of him and Benedictus will almost certainly be the first choice pairing.

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

How many minutes has he played? 

Who is hyping him up?!

A truly bizarre comment. He might not impress all season but he deserves more than a couple of appearances to be judged on. 

You can't have been around here much if you count that as truly bizarre.

for a fantastic player to watch with loads of ability, what exactly are you basing that on?

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

You can't have been around here much if you count that as truly bizarre.

for a fantastic player to watch with loads of ability, what exactly are you basing that on?

He can be fantastic to watch - I’ve seen it numerous times against us. I said he will hopefully take his chance as it’s yet to be seen what kind of player he will be for us. 

Of course it’s bizarre, the usual negativity from our fans towards a player that has only started a couple of league cup games out of position. Literally the definition of not giving someone a chance.