Ayr vs Raith Rovers

Now, I love a good laugh at Raith as much as the next man, but that East Fife fan is tragic haha.  

As for the game - Smith will be a huge loss as he seems very instrumental in our attacking play - not seen anything of Walsh since he joined but hopefully he can come in and do a similar role.  Other than that I'd assume we will be unchanged from Alloa game.  Based on what I've seen highlights wise from Raith this will be a right tough game - despite 3 clean sheets in a row the defence still doesnt seem that convincing but I do fancy us to score.  Mainly just looking forward to watching it with a few beers on a proper TV stream!  

Yeah, we have a pretty clearly defined first XI at the moment so we know how we’ll play. We don’t actually really have much scope to change things, we have four fit defenders plus Mendy, Spencer isn’t going to displace Matthews or Hendry and Tait plays a bit further forward than you’d put Spencer, we have two wingers and while we now have three fit centre forwards, Duku keeps scoring so can’t really be dropped.

There’ll come a time when we need to change things around a bit, we’re often a first-half team and I think teams get used to us after a little look at how we play. But it probably isn’t yet. Equally if there was a competitive squad there’s probably a couple of guys I’d be keeping on the bench just to give a bit of a wake-up call, but while Vaughan is out we can’t really change anyone in the three behind the striker. So be it.

Looking forward to watching a game on a ‘proper’ broadcast, with a bonus of English commentary. Not convinced I’ve ever watched us on TV anywhere but BBC ALBA, there’s been the odd game over the years but I’ve always been there.

3 hours ago, Hursty said:

Mainly just looking forward to watching it with a few beers on a proper TV stream!  

3 hours ago, Paco said:

Looking forward to watching a game on a ‘proper’ broadcast, with a bonus of English commentary. Not convinced I’ve ever watched us on TV anywhere but BBC ALBA, there’s been the odd game over the years but I’ve always been there.

Having watched the Hearts v Rovers and Alloa v Hearts broadcasts on Premier Sport/BBC Scotland, I’m not sure they really deserve the moniker “proper”, unless they replace the village idiots they use for commentary because their main squeeze Hertz isn’t playing (apologies to any village idiots, like Tazz 1903, that might be offended by the comparison).

Edited by TxRover

22 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Having watched the Hearts v Rovers and Alloa v Hearts broadcasts on BBC Scotland, I’m not sure they really deserve the moniker “proper”, unless they replace the village idiots they use for commentary because their main squeeze Hertz isn’t playing (apologies to any village idiots, like Tazz 1903, that might be offended by the comparison).

Hearts v Rovers was on Premier Sports

53 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Having watched the Hearts v Rovers and Alloa v Hearts broadcasts on BBC Scotland, I’m not sure they really deserve the moniker “proper”, unless they replace the village idiots they use for commentary because their main squeeze Hertz isn’t playing (apologies to any village idiots, like Tazz 1903, that might be offended by the comparison).

To be fair I'm setting the bar very low - the only stream I've had that has worked perfectly from start to finish was the one from Morton where we shipped 3 goals in the last 7 minutes - and even that one would only play on my tablet - so anything at all really should be an improvement!

55 minutes ago, Hursty said:

To be fair I'm setting the bar very low - the only stream I've had that has worked perfectly from start to finish was the one from Morton where we shipped 3 goals in the last 7 minutes - and even that one would only play on my tablet - so anything at all really should be an improvement!

The good news is the RaithTV stream for the next match versus Ayr will be excellent, unless they move the game for TV again (doubtful). How has the Ayr streaming been going, out of curiosity.

Edited by TxRover

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

The good news is the RaithTV stream for the next match versus Ayr will be excellent, unless they move the game for TV again (doubtful). How has the Ayr streaming been going, out of curiosity.

Friday February 12, 2021
Scottish Championship
Queen of the South v Heart of Midlothian
Live on BBC Scotland, kick-off 7.45pm

27 minutes ago, Lang Toun Lad said:

What do the clubs get from the BBC showing these games? Sounds like it'll just stop people buying the stream if they're also showing it.

A boost in prize money. 

We won't be streaming the game in Friday night.