Ayr vs Raith Rovers

I really enjoyed that season despite the rather anti-climactic ending for us. Don't remember exactly but I think we had a great unbeaten run of games except Rovers had a better one. Good times!
Funnily enough, both with that season and the roaring back season the team in second went unbeaten at home over 36 league games but still lost didn't win the title.

I expect this game to be another tough task. We were poor against Caley but dominated the game yesterday. Ayr can only have a handful of players left from the last time met.

13 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Funnily enough, both with that season and the roaring back season the team in second went unbeaten at home over 36 league games but still lost didn't win the title.

I expect this game to be another tough task. We were poor against Caley but dominated the game yesterday. Ayr can only have a handful of players left from the last time met.

Probably only Moffat.

I think for the third game in a row I would be happy with a draw. Ayr United have a decent team on paper and despite some complaints from their fans about the performances they have started the season well points wise.

Despite the lack of fans, home advantage still appears to count for a lot so far this season. None of the top 6 have lost a home game so far and Hearts are the only team to have won more than 1 away league game. Although granted there have only been 3 home/away games each.

We don’t have a great record at Somerset or against Ayr in general. I make it 4 wins from our last 19 against them which is even worse than I had initially thought. Particularly considering before their title win we had a knack of always finishing ahead of them in our battles for promotion/to avoid relegation.

Hopefully an injury free week and I would expect us to line up unchanged from yesterday. Fingers crossed with another weeks training Ugwu will be ready for some minutes. Not been particularly impressed by Lars yet so would like to see Ugwu as Duku’s replacement if/when he tires.

Is Cammy Smith suspended for Ayr? Certainly hoping so for our sake. I will go for a 1-1 draw, Duku with our goal.

Edited by R.R.FC

1 hour ago, R.R.FC said:

I think for the third game in a row I would be happy with a draw. Ayr United have a decent team on paper and despite some complaints from their fans about the performances they have started the season well points wise.

Despite the lack of fans, home advantage still appears to count for a lot so far this season. None of the top 6 have lost a home game so far and Hearts are the only team to have won more than 1 away league game. Although granted there have only been 3 home/away games each.

We don’t have a great record at Somerset or against Ayr in general. I make it 4 wins from our last 19 against them which is even worse than I had initially thought. Particularly considering before their title win we had a knack of always finishing ahead of them in our battles for promotion/to avoid relegation.

Hopefully an injury free week and I would expect us to line up unchanged from yesterday. Fingers crossed with another weeks training Ugwu will be ready for some minutes. Not been particularly impressed by Lars yet so would like to see Ugwu as Duku’s replacement if/when he tires.

Is Cammy Smith suspended for Ayr? Certainly hoping so for our sake. I will go for a 1-1 draw, Duku with our goal.

Smith is out but Tom Walsh is probably due to make his league debut for us replacing him. 

12 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
7 hours ago, CALDERON said:
Ended up being the best thing for us.  Smith left, and after Mcglynn cleared up the keech left behind its been good fun since then. We are in a better place now than we would have been had we ended up winning the league that season. 

Not exactly we lost about £300k???

If we had let Smith try and build a squad capable of playing in the Championship, im fairly sure we would have ended up back down in League 1 again. 

I've no doubt we have taken a financial hit, but we are far more prepared for becoming an established Championship club again now than we ever would have been under Smith.

We wouldn't have found Bowie, for example, and netted £150k. Or found Tait, and tied him down on a 3 year deal that will likely earn the club some cash also.  Or been able to sign Regan Hendry on a 2 year deal. 

We would be trying to rely on jobbers like Wedderburn, Gillespie, Furtado, Herron et al to try and shit fest our way to safety. 

Edited by CALDERON

Hopefully without a game in a few weeks we'll have managed to get the pitch resembling a decent surface without 5ft bobbles on it, however with it being December i have my doubts....

Noticed Kerr did a sly dig yesterday at state of grass pitches at this time of year and how astro is much better for us, have to say i can't disagree after some of the games i've seen of us at Somerset recently.

Expecting a classic BBC eyesore viewing, 1-1, would take it tbh, will be tough game.

Edited by rb123!

Not confident about this one. The last time I saw us win at Ayr was when the big guy on loan from Wimbledon scored in a 0-1 win! Can’t for the life of me remember his name??

I think Hendry needs a rest in this one, has looked lazy with his passing in the last couple of games. I’d bring Spencer in for him.

Not confident about this one. The last time I saw us win at Ayr was when the big guy on loan from Wimbledon scored in a 0-1 win! Can’t for the life of me remember his name??

I think Hendry needs a rest in this one, has looked lazy with his passing in the last couple of games. I’d bring Spencer in for him.

Hendry had a good game yesterday. Considering he had probably his worst game in a rovers shirt in Inverness and has just had two weeks between games I don't see how he needs a rest.

45 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Thought Hendry was fine yesterday and doesn't need rested.

Is it Owusu you're thinking of?