On 14/12/2020 at 16:25, Mr X said:

They are. Equally fans are entitled to question it.

I think it's pretty obvious that lots of fans aren't happy to pay it. It's only better for the club if the extra they're charging makes up for the fans who decide not to pay at all.

I think the prices should be lower in general.

As others have said, they went about the season tickets the wrong way but it seems a lot of people were happy to stump up and treat it as a "gift".

Someone at Hearts has done the calculations and decided it's the best way forward. I will rarely attend as a result (after Covid) but if plenty of others are able and willing to pay those prices and they're maximising return, good for them.

7 hours ago, Darren said:

I think the prices should be lower in general.

As others have said, they went about the season tickets the wrong way but it seems a lot of people were happy to stump up and treat it as a "gift".

Someone at Hearts has done the calculations and decided it's the best way forward. I will rarely attend as a result (after Covid) but if plenty of others are able and willing to pay those prices and they're maximising return, good for them.

Is that the only possible consideration though?

Should clubs generally charge as much as they can possibly get away with, without denting their income? Should there be no sense of what's fair, no sense of a relationship with fans that's reciprocal?

It's amazing how accepting lots of football followers are of such an outlook.  All these Tory hating fans seem happy to simply let the market decide what should happen here for some reason.

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Should clubs generally charge as much as they can possibly get away with, without denting their income? Should there be no sense of what's fair, no sense of a relationship with fans that's reciprocal?

It's amazing how accepting lots of football followers are of such an outlook.  All these Tory hating fans seem happy to simply let the market decide what should happen here for some reason.

I think the worst thing about it is how it normalises inflated prices. We're always the cheapest but when competing teams are charging a price it's easy to just bump up your prices in line with them because that's the going rate.

4 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

No. I've said quite clearly that I think prices should be lower.

I'd also stopped attending matches before Covid due to the prices.

But there are more than enough mugs willing to pay over the odds to watch Hearts play at Tynecastle.

Whether I like it or not, Hearts will milk fans for as much as they can.

If that realism is me accepting it then so be it.

7 hours ago, Darren said:

No. I've said quite clearly that I think prices should be lower.

I'd also stopped attending matches before Covid due to the prices.

But there are more than enough mugs willing to pay over the odds to watch Hearts play at Tynecastle.

Whether I like it or not, Hearts will milk fans for as much as they can.

If that realism is me accepting it then so be it.

The "good for them" remark pointed to approval rather than mere acceptance.