Ardeer Thistle FC

Well said Spank [emoji122]

Another heavy defeat for the ardeer, surely the manager has got to go, he’s brought players in but he has not improved the team at all, the man is clueless, Spank is out of job, and he could do 10x better job than him!!

The “Coaches” have a cheek to call themselves such.

The club goes from embarrassment to embarrassment every week and have been rooted to the bottom of the bottom league for years.

Surely they realise they are totally out of their depths and are just there to get out of the house on a Saturday?

Quite sad they are where they are now. 

Fair play to the boys for continuing to play and get out of the house

a good friend of mine is a follower of ardeer and mentioned that it is a group of pals playing together mostly from Ayr with quite a young coach I think. Sadly some of these boys would struggle at pub level on a Sunday not even good enough for mid level amateurs

hard to criticise Ardeer to much alot of competition for players in ayrshire, probably very little budget too ,we played them a few years back in the cup and they took us back to pub and put on a big spread for us and treated us realy well ,and they were decent lads trying to do a difficult job ,all our teams have went through some hard seasons
I hate to see any team struggling
I for one hope they bounce back [emoji120]

They are a shambles. On the park and off it. The players the manager has brought in are nowhere near good enough. The manger hasn’t got a clue. The committee are kidding themselves on. If they keep going on like this they’ll get pumped every game this season.

Ardeer will turn it around eventually imo. Before Ardeer Newmains were the team glued to the bottom & have since turned a corner & are going in the right direction. It's  very much a cyclical process & once Ardeer turn it around someone else will be the team glued to the bottom.

On 08/12/2020 at 16:32, theesel1994 said:

I'm now entering old fart territory but I can remember Hurlford being down at the bottom for about three years so things can change quite dramatically.

If I remember correctly Hurlford lost 77 games in a row on the mid 90s.

We beat them 15-0 in the 1994/95 Ayrshire Cup which is still our record score.

The scorers Craig Shanaghey(6), Derek Love(3), Lapam(2o.gs), Steve Tennant(pen), Peter Conlan,  Billy Borthwick and Scott McKernan still trip off the tongue!

48 minutes ago, WilliamBragg said:

The scorers Craig Shanaghey(6), Derek Love(3), Lapam(2o.gs), Steve Tennant(pen), Peter Conlan,  Billy Borthwick and Scott McKernan still trip off the tongue!

If it wasn't bad enough to lose 15-0 but to score two own goals in one game. I wonder if he was picked for the next game.

13 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

If it wasn't bad enough to lose 15-0 but to score two own goals in one game. I wonder if he was picked for the next game.

Probably not his favourite ever game he played in!

From what I remember they were decent enough lads who were just out their depth in the Junior world.

Obviously at that time it is what Hurlford could afford. 

Which goes to show football changes and teams like Ardeer can rise again. 

Edited by WilliamBragg

On 08/12/2020 at 16:32, theesel1994 said:

I'm now entering old fart territory but I can remember Hurlford being down at the bottom for about three years so things can change quite dramatically.

Hurlford were down at the bottom from, (I'm sure) 1992 until 1999, Vandals broke into the park and destroyed a lot of it. SO the team were in the wilderness until a new chairman came in with money to spend and in season 1999/20 they won promotion to the old Ayrshire first division

On 14/12/2020 at 21:27, WilliamBragg said:

Probably not his favourite ever game he played in!

From what I remember they were decent enough lads who were just out their depth in the Junior world.

Obviously at that time it is what Hurlford could afford. 

Which goes to show football changes and teams like Ardeer can rise again. 

They were signing young amateur players from the Paisley area at the time