TV Licence

Who still actually pays this? Been in this house over a year and get a letter a month. They have upped their game though, letters now arriving in plain brown envelopes, todays one asking "will you be in on 17th December?", then "it may be on 17th November or on another day".

Oh the fear, the fear! Especially as it has a big red Enforcement Officer Visit Approved stamp, signed none the less! Gulp!.

Away and f**k! Not paid for one in the last 11 years, no intention of ever doing it. Still going to watch BBC Iplayer for f**k all mind, will take my chances with the detector van. 

20201205_160856.jpg

We stopped our payments in 2015 I think, had one woman appear at the door but as we have no ariel attached to the telly and no obvious places for it to be easily hidden she seemed satisfied that we did indeed only really watch netflix and prime.

Actually spoke to my mate yesterday who told me he'd agreed to pay £42 a month for the next 6 month (we think they've backdated it to when he moved in to that flat). He nearly took a Katsu Curry burger to the face when I burst out laughing. 

21 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Haven't paid since 2014, but legally. You can fill in a form online saying you only watch catchup TV. You just need to confirm your situation  hasn't changed every few years. 

I might have the aerial taken down sometime actually, I expect it won't be long before they look as anachronistic as a sky dish in the age of streaming.

We've had a Sky dish for the last three years and still haven't heard anything from the TV licence folk. My ma stopped paying after the referendum presumably like yourself.

It is the true idiot tax of all. Look at the buildings the BBC have built and operate out of, look at their institution rolling in cash. You can imagine the amount of people that hang around the BBC doing utterly nothing day in day out. 

"I don't want ppl coming in to my house to check if i have a tv or not" ah right ok so that's a reason to pay £150 a year aye?

I stopped paying after receiving multiple letters assuming i was being guilty with no evidence.

Sit back and imagine how some exec on £250k a year uses your £150 on lunch for him and his 2 mates.

Edited by red23

1 hour ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Who still actually pays this? Been in this house over a year and get a letter a month. They have upped their game though, letters now arriving in plain brown envelopes, todays one asking "will you be in on 17th December?", then "it may be on 17th November or on another day".

Oh the fear, the fear! Especially as it has a big red Enforcement Officer Visit Approved stamp, signed none the less! Gulp!.

Away and f**k! Not paid for one in the last 11 years, no intention of ever doing it. Still going to watch BBC Iplayer for f**k all mind, will take my chances with the detector van. 

20201205_160856.jpg

hilarious attempts to intimidate,they really are utter c***s

the Irish fellas (RTE) have it sussed.

they are the state broadcaster but are fully commercial with product placement, sponsored programs and heavy ad-breaks between and during their shows.

The vast majority of their output is terrible and the salaries their presenters are paid are astronomical. All the while they are trying to find ways to make it a compulsory payment e.g. taken directly from your wages on the assumption that you watch it and actually apply for a "licence" NOT to have to pay.