Strange/Funny Fitba Team names.

53 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

I think this lot are named after when the last working train in North Korea leaves Pyongyang Central.

April 25 Sports Club Crest(2018).png

25th April is army day in the Democratic People's Republic and a public holiday 

Either that or they're named after the average number of penalties Rangers/Celtic get per game.

The North Caledonian League pre-war (under a different name) used to have clubs like Inverness District Asylum and Catch-My-Pal. There also used to be a Rothes Decimals JFC in the north junior leagues up until the late 80s.

• 3 months later...

Not football but this was in The Weekend Australian on Saturday about rugby league in Sydney:

One hundred years ago last Friday, the St George District Rugby League Club ran on to Sydney Sports Ground for their inaugural game of first grade, going down to Glebe 4-3.

The milestone saw us delving into the distant past of the famous club and their feeder competitions.

The Arncliffe Scots and the Arncliffe Terriers surely played some ding-dong derbies. There were the Carlton Shamrocks and Hurstville United. And don’t forget Allawah Swastika.

On July 20, 1934 Swastika’s B grade beat Hurstville 45-0. We can’t confirm whether most points were scored down the far right wing but we do know fascism was a growing brand in Australia during the early 1930s.

Guest TheJTS98
On 09/01/2021 at 22:35, Hillonearth said:

I think this lot are named after when the last working train in North Korea leaves Pyongyang Central.

April 25 Sports Club Crest(2018).png

Saw them play in the AFC Cup final in 2019. Narrowly beaten by Al-Ahed.

Supported enthusiastically by what I assume was the staff of the North Korean embassy in Malaysia. About twenty of them with flags clapping politely. All wearing NK pinbadges.

On 09/12/2020 at 00:40, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Young Boys of Berne should probably be on the list

And Grasshoppers for that matter

On 17/12/2020 at 09:08, Enigma said:

I think there’s a Swiss team called Old Boys. I believe the played Young Boys in the cup a couple of seasons ago.

Was about to post this but I see you beat me to it. I managed to get a reasonably humourous tweet out of that fixture.

On 12/12/2020 at 16:03, Turkmenbashi said:

(Aangenaam Door Vermaak En Nuttig Door Ontspanning) and NOAD (Nooit Opgeven, Altijd Doorzetten merged to one club.

'Football fan kicked to death after shouting "Give us an A!"'