East Fife v Airdrieonians

Really disappointing. Fair play to East Fife, they played some decent stuff and Hamilton looked a real threat up front but Airdrie were never in that game at all. Defensively we were poor, particularly Crighton, and the midfield and strikers never really linked up at all. With Dumbarton and Montrose picking up points too it really tightens up the league table.

FT

East Fife 2-0 Airdrieonians

Honestly, I was pretty disappointed in Airdrie today, they didn’t seem to have any fight about them and the one thing you can honestly say about these matches is that they are usually a bit meaty, with a bit of needle about them, there was nothing like that anywhere today, but who cares, we won, we’re off the bottom and have four games in front of us which are all winnable and should get us right back up where we should realistically be, I hope!!!

It was a deserved win, Wallace and Hamilton were both excellent today, especially in the first half and it’s obvious that we are still a work in progress, as there was still a couple of obvious deficiencies there for us, but we’re now hopefully getting there!!!

It was the best midfield performance Ive seen from us so far this season, Newton was very impressive and nothing like the “deer in the headlights” that he was in his last game and with Janny looked more than comfortable at the back and Long back in goals, where he should be, we’ve got to be more than happy with today, even though the margin of victory should have been greater!!!

IMG_1607187955.925410.thumb.jpg.193886662fe66e9e3124c02809b88587.jpg

Had a feeling a draw would have been the best we could get today, it's always one step forward and 2 back. I'm not even majorly disappointed because you expect it. 

I don't mind home team commentary, it's ALWAYS going to be a bit biased for the home team, even our own have the red tinted specs on.

For you Airdrie boys going on about the commentary, yes it’s a bit partisan, but wait till you have to watch FalkirkTV, you will rip your own ears off and destroy your devices

11 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

For you Airdrie boys going on about the commentary, yes it’s a bit partisan, but wait till you have to watch FalkirkTV, you will rip your own ears off and destroy your devices

I actually thought about mentioning them. Single handedly the worst commentary available in SCOTLAND.

A bit disappointed that [mention=22382]BigFifer[/mention] hasn’t been on yet to redeclare, reiterate and profess his undying love for Janny after his strolled it performance today!!!

Before page 3 ends I reckon!!!

Almost from the start I sensed that EF were more likely to play football and even then their back 4 looked untroubled. Wallace and Hamilton were keeping an attacking focus which let their midfield control much of the forward movement. Would need to see how Wallace got the space to send in that cross. I know the commentary team thought almost everything was brilliant but that's what I would hope our guys do. Our one good freekick and header summed up much of that game, but we were off the pace all day. The 2nd goal came from our poor throw in and Crighton's rushed thump, but Hamilton scored it well.  It was clear that Thomas was not getting any free runs since the ball was usually in orbit. Murray for not the first time tinkered again to no avail. Three subs on and again Carrick goes off -I might have been tempted to take off Crighton!

Overall EF deserved the win and it is typical of L1 games. I can't remember many wins at Methil, and some heavy defeats, so I should have known better in my prediction. On a rules point someone at Methil should point out to KD that the Ref was absolutely correct with that "offside in the other half" situation.  It was funny to hear them finally discuss "home bias" when EF went 2 up and they could relax.  

5 minutes ago, David_86 said:

Crighton was abysmal today, and he has been for most of the season. No structure to our plainly again, just spanked it whatever way we were facing. lucky to get away with 2 nil. 4 or 5 wouldnt have flattered east fife.

Said in other thread would drop him and play Kerr at the back couldn't be any worst than we are at the moment ♦️

2 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I actually thought about mentioning them. Single handedly the worst commentary available in SCOTLAND.

Well you lot will hate them when we're at home to Airdrie. The problem with the commentary on Falkirk tv is that we dominate every team at home in league 1. If we create all the chances and score lots of goals then obviously the commentators will talk about Falkirk constantly.