East Fife v Airdrieonians

Anybody interested???

Day of the game and still no thread, ah well here we go...

Tight game but the thought of Robert up against our LHS is giving me the absolute fear, if some thought and change hasn’t been brought regarding that area of the park then questions need to be asked!!!

If that side is adequately covered and Pat gets somebody in front of him capable of giving him a hand now and again, I’m actually quite confident of a result, we’re good at home and I would like to see that situation not be changed today!!!

2-1 East Fife, Steve Archibald to score all three!!!

I've so far had the impression that East Fife's placing in the league is a bit unrepresentative. Defeats against the two full time teams in the division and a defeat against a strong Cove (a game which East Fife finished with nine men) suggest that it's been more of an unfortunate start than a bad one and I'm expecting a tough game. How do things look from a Methil perspective?

I've so far had the impression that East Fife's placing in the league is a bit unrepresentative. Defeats against the two full time teams in the division and a defeat against a strong Cove (a game which East Fife finished with nine men) suggest that it's been more of an unfortunate start than a bad one and I'm expecting a tough game. How do things look from a Methil perspective?

Exactly this, we were abject against the FT sides, but Cove only won because they took full advantage and played well against 10 and then 9 men, there was nothing between the sides up until Denholm’s brainfart!!!
In the other games we convincingly beat Dumbarton and should have beaten Montrose but gifted them a penalty for the draw, we’re better than results suggest and once we get in about the bread and butter games we will start to rise but we’re still dodgy as f**k down our LHS!!!

Exactly this, we were abject against the FT sides, but Cove only won because they took full advantage and played well against 10 and then 9 men, there was nothing between the sides up until Denholm’s brainfart!!!
In the other games we convincingly beat Dumbarton and should have beaten Montrose but gifted them a penalty for the draw, we’re better than results suggest and once we get in about the bread and butter games we will start to rise but we’re still dodgy as f**k down our LHS!!!

Hopefully the problems against full time teams continues given that nine of our starting 11 are full time

I don’t think the 3 at the back is working today. It changed the game last week but too often we’ve had three men up against Hamilton when in possession which seems like a waste. Gallagher seems to have a good record against East Fife so I’d be looking to bring him on for one of Kerr or MacDonald.

I don’t think the 3 at the back is working today. It changed the game last week but too often we’ve had three men up against Hamilton when in possession which seems like a waste. Gallagher seems to have a good record against East Fife so I’d be looking to bring him on for one of Kerr or MacDonald.

Agree. I think MacDonald's been quite poor and Kerr has looked decent breaking down the right on occasion so I'd take MacDonald off and play Kerr at right back

HT
East Fife 1-0 Airdrieonians
Pretty end to end stuff, we’re deservedly ahead, but we should be two-up, like to see the one disallowed for offside again!!!
Think we’re edging it in midfield and the expected onslaught of our LHS hasn’t happened, so another goal and see it out would be nice!!!IMG_1607183845.451224.jpg

1 minute ago, Rbon said:

Never sure what people expect from the Home team commentators on a clubs stream. Hardly going to get partiality. 

I agree with you although our commentator, yes we only have one, is impartial and not a fan boy like I've heard when watching other streams. You need to expect home team bias though!

I'm by no means saying our commentator is anything special though.

I ideally would love to see the option of having away commentators so if you don't want to listen to the opponents biased views but you want to hear your own teams the option is there to do so. 

Edited by Rbon