Elgin v Annan

Good game so far, both teams had plenty of chances. We've had plenty of territory and possession but Annan look dangerous around our box. Didn't complain at all at the penalty decision (I was too busy being furious that no one went to help Spark out earlier) so it was a relief when it was overturned. Neither set of players seemed overly upset at either decision which suggests it was very tight.

20 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Another tough game I think. Elgin favourites curtesy of recent form but Annan always a tough team to beat. I’ll go for a home win by the odd goal which I’d be delighted with.

:thumsup2

Great result. The first half was entertaining but the conditions made the second half difficult for both teams although there was still plenty of goalmouth action.

No failures for us today and I thought Soapy had a particularly decent game. Sopel still has a lot to work on but has improved a lot and Peters did well first half I thought.

The goal was more than fortuitous but in my biased opinion we were marginally the better team and we saw it out fairly comfortably from there. This time last year we were being plagued by late goals so it's promising that we've not thrown away a lead all season. 3 wins in a row and 3 points clear of third, can't complain.

Good win and just about deserved. I also thought Soapy had a decent game, he is not as dynamic as he was in years passed but still quality in his protection of the ball and seems to have added a bit of steel to his game, comes up with a lot of good tackles breaking up play. Sopel is coming on leaps and bounds but still needs to improve his decision making and get his head up. Thought we were a bit reliant on the long ball early on, relying on Hesters pace but easy to read for defenders. As previously said we are proving to be a well organised team which is difficult to beat. A few games this season we have won when in previous years we would have lost. Hope Bronsky injury is not to bad. Well done Elgin.

3 points and a clean sheet which is the main thing. Had it not been for the Annan goalie  we would have been 3 up by half time. The team played well  and I'd have made Spark MotM, especially in the dying minutes when he was putting himself about after he got hit where it huts the most.

Not the greatest game but I think Elgin just about edged it. Solid if not spectacular by pretty much every player and enough grit and composure to see the game out. We’re not usually great at winning ugly but thankfully standing out in the pissing rain sometimes pays off! Hope Bronsky injury isn’t bad as the back 4 have been excellent for the most part so far.

3 minutes ago, MorayCup said:

The real heroes today were the fans behind either goal, must have got an absolute drenching 

Saw two adults and a couple of kids trying to get into the tier 2 area when the rain was particularly heavy but stewards put them back

3 hours ago, Briggsy's Ghost said:

If the club had any sense they would have had a ready supply of Elgin City umbrellas for sale in the ground - those fans stood out in that rain without a brolly deserve a medal/sectioned!

There was a game last season between Elgin City and Edinburgh City where it was peeing down. Most sensible folk were in the Shed except for one old git who was standing on the terrace- I thought he was one of those "I've stood in the same spot for 50 years and I'm no moving" fans.

Sorry to be an absolute grass but I see Jordan Lowdon’s Instagram story has shown that Annan were adhering to absolutely zero social distancing on the bus home from Elgin. I don’t doubt that other clubs have been at it too (including quite possibly my own) but given the fact that St Mirren were hammered during the week for one of the same things, it seems a silly thing to post. Given the restrictions that a large number of people across the country find themselves under, it seems even sillier. Best hope there’s not a sudden outbreak within the squad!

Never ceases to amaze me what goes or doesn’t go through some footballers heads. I’m sure all busses will be the same but at least don’t tell the whole world. Opening up a whole can of worms as you say, especially if there is a Covid outbreak amongst them at any time.