Blues v Binos

Late putting up a match thread for this one, but looking forward to it considering the form of both teams.

First clash since 2015 and I’m wondering if Faz sticks with our starting eleven from the Edinburgh City and Brechin matches, or if he will be tempted to change now that some of the others are back available to him.

Looks like it’ll be a cold and wet weekend....just looking for more of what we showed for 90 at Ainslie Park and in the second half last week.

Difficult game to predict imo, Stranraer have been in good form, the Binos after beating Albion Rovers last week need to make sure that we score from any chances we create or we could be leaving Stair Park with nothing. Prediction 1-1 draw with Duffy scoring for Stranraer.

Looking forward to this one. Going on form and availability this is probably the strongest squad the manager has had available for a league game in a long time. 

Andy Stirling looked in good form before his injury but, hard to displace any of the starting 11 from the last two weeks. Good to have the option of Stirling and Jinky to come off the bench though. 

We seem a far more organized side with a good balance throughout. Today will be a good indication as to how much we have improved.  

51 minutes ago, dave_binos said:

Do you lot use pixellot? How has coverage been so far? 

Thankfully we don't. Any coverage I've seen on pixellot has been poor in comparison to ours. 

As to be expected there were a couple of issues streaming early doors but, all seems to have been rectified. Been a few complaints from opposition fans of commentator bias. I can't say I've noticed it. What do people expect though? It's fans volunteering not SKY Sports.  

Coverage seems to be getting better week after week though. Maybe watching us win helps. 

Full time 2-2 draw felt we were better team in first half, missed a couple of chances to go in with a bigger lead. 2nd half as predicted Duffy to score and felt Stranraer unlucky not to get all 3 points but we got a point in the end.
Good coverage from Stranraer Tv,mention to commentators they did a good job.

2 hours ago, beefybake said:

Well, 1 point gained.    But with 2 goals lost .., through a penalty, and an own goal,

this looks a wee bit like the other 2 points were thrown away.

Did you watch it?  The "own goal" was an unavoidable deflection off McManus...unfortunate but not a deliberate throw-away.  I'll wait for the highlights to decide about the penalty...and whether we too should have had a penalty.  You must be so disappointed with this undefeated run.  At least the SPFL have recognised Faz and the team' s achievements.

Looked like orrs near post shot got blocked by the young sub yates. Bit unfortunate. Stirlings 2nd goal was a fluke. Shot going 5yards wide deflected into other corner. In the end 2-2 was fair. Albion were probably the best opponents we've faced. Glad we saw a different side to us. Fighting back. Last season we would have lost easily. Highlights on StranraerFCtv youtube tomorrow with a few gopro clips.

1 hour ago, BlueSister said:

Did you watch it?  The "own goal" was an unavoidable deflection off McManus...unfortunate but not a deliberate throw-away.  I'll wait for the highlights to decide about the penalty...and whether we too should have had a penalty.  You must be so disappointed with this undefeated run.  At least the SPFL have recognised Faz and the team' s achievements.

Guess you must be one of the F'book cheerleading brigade, where anything less than relentless positivity is classed as 'disloyalty'.

To me, this was a game we really should have won.    

2 hours ago, beefybake said:

Guess you must be one of the F'book cheerleading brigade, where anything less than relentless positivity is classed as 'disloyalty'.

To me, this was a game we really should have won.    

No, sorry, I'm not going to accept the clap-happy tag after a game (and a run) like this.  We played well...it was a pretty even game between two sides with a point between them.  In my opinion we should have just edged it.  That is realism.  You, my friend, are a pessimist and enjoy bringing the club down regardless.  Fair enough, just don't call yourself a supporter.

Last season going 2-1 we'd of jacked it and the game would've been over in the first half. As much as it's disappointing not to win at least we can take something from it. Team is ever improving and well in the hunt for a playoff sport with almost a third of the season gone. 

Congrats to the manager and Duffy on their awards. Been vocal on my thoughts of what Faz recently but, can't deny him this. 

12 hours ago, BlueSister said:

No, sorry, I'm not going to accept the clap-happy tag after a game (and a run) like this.  We played well...it was a pretty even game between two sides with a point between them.  In my opinion we should have just edged it.  That is realism.  You, my friend, are a pessimist and enjoy bringing the club down regardless.  Fair enough, just don't call yourself a supporter.

Fortunately, it's not for you to decide who is or isn't a supporter, and you've merely confirmed my comment about F'book cheerleading.

I don't view last season as some kind of reference point, and would rather forget about it. It was dismal, and relegation was in no way unfair.

In other circumstances, I think the manager would have received the heave ho at season end.

This time around, the last few games have been of tight, flowing and cohesive football, and the results have come.

I think we should really have won this game.

Edited by beefybake