Cowdenbeath v QP

I found it equally bizarre the comments about stenny being more structured and us being a team of individuals. As much as Stenny gave a good account of themselves last week, they had 1 shot on target all game plus I thought our shape and structure with and without the ball was fantastic and it was evident again today.

Agreed - great that these guys covering lower leagues in such depth and obviously it's a game of opinions but I found the comments that Qp were wide open strange...
Willie Muir had very little to do rest of the Stenny game and loss of 1 goal in 7 games suggests we're not just a team of individuals...
Also no mention of Quitongo constantly beating their LB albeit final ball missing plus on Stenny side I was surprised Greig Spence deployed wide and didn't really impact the game
Anyway I digress this us the Cowden match thread!

1 hour ago, Velvet Donkey said:

Not sure if anyone watches the excellent Through the Turnstiles thing. Last night suggesting we are riding our luck, and a 'Frankenstein' team of individuals with no system, not as well organised as Stenny. 

Stenny were well organised to keep us down to just the three goals. Is this show the same guys that do A View from the Terrace?

At 2-0 I immediately felt we couldn’t lose the game. Not because of anything Cowdenbeath could or couldn’t do, it’s just we look very difficult to score against. We have some nice passages of play but the overwhelming thing is the teamwork; pressing very high, playing with energy and forcing mistakes from our opponents and we do it all through the game. Not glamorous but very effective. And most importantly, an abundance of players who want to have a go at goal. Three different scorers this week again. There’s nothing at all about this team that’s counting on luck. And when you factor in the quality that wasn’t on the park today it’s a frightening prospect for any team at this level to face.

Credit to BBTV’s commentary team today for some very courteous observations about the visitors and honest opinions about their own favourites. 

MotM: David Galt

I don't think Queen's Park were anything special today but that's the sign of a good team - don't really get out of second gear and still win comfortably. I think they got lucky with the deflections on Gillespie and Murray's goals but take them away and it would still have been a comfortable victory - couldn't see where a Cowden goal was going to come from.

Galt had a good game.

It’s Cove all over again, big spending and will waltz the league so no expectation to beat them. 
Thought we didn’t play too badly which is strange given the 3-0 score line but didn’t create much against a strong back line.

The first goal looked a goalies ball to me then two deflected shots and Queens didn’t exactly pepper the Cowden Goal.

looked a strong penalty shout from our free kick immediately before the Queens second 

Need to forget this one and move on, hopefully get Morrison back soon as midfield is struggling, or maybe go three at the back to bolster the midfield.

15 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

It’s Cove all over again, big spending and will waltz the league so no expectation to beat them. 
Thought we didn’t play too badly which is strange given the 3-0 score line but didn’t create much against a strong back line.

The first goal looked a goalies ball to me then two deflected shots and Queens didn’t exactly pepper the Cowden Goal.

looked a strong penalty shout from our free kick immediately before the Queens second 

Need to forget this one and move on, hopefully get Morrison back soon as midfield is struggling, or maybe go three at the back to bolster the midfield.

We need someone who can shoot! Another game with next to no shots on target or even off target. We were under pressure for so much of the game our only out was a big punt up the park.

20 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Aye it looked like the ball was dropping in the six yard box. Keeper has to at least make an effort.

Game has been well summed up by others. Thought the ground staff should get a mention for getting the pitch in such decent condition given the terrible weather. Didn't think the referee was up to much. That's five bookings  Barr has had and three of them have been for next to nothing. Queens will win the league with something to spare. The only danger would be complacency but their attitude was spot on yesterday. As for us we have to find goals from someplace if we want to climb the table. I haven't given up on Russell just yet, he has a poachers instinct but has he the legs? Good to see Morrison on the bench he could yet be a key player for us.

2 hours ago, iateallthepies said:

Game has been well summed up by others. Thought the ground staff should get a mention for getting the pitch in such decent condition given the terrible weather. Didn't think the referee was up to much. That's five bookings  Barr has had and three of them have been for next to nothing. Queens will win the league with something to spare. The only danger would be complacency but their attitude was spot on yesterday. As for us we have to find goals from someplace if we want to climb the table. I haven't given up on Russell just yet, he has a poachers instinct but has he the legs? Good to see Morrison on the bench he could yet be a key player for us.

He didn’t cost us the game but the referee was abysmal, every time a QP player fell over, he gave a foul.

was it 6 bookings in total, wasn’t a bad tackle in the game.

7 hours ago, Kierkegaard said:

Great package by Blue Brazil TV, Well done. guys. 

QP hardly got out of first gear.

My MOM - Colin Nelson. I think Nelly has a new career looming...

That’s quite enough of that talk Ron, I have to listen to him through the week.🤣🤣

4 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

He didn’t cost us the game but the referee was abysmal, every time a QP player fell over, he gave a foul.

was it 6 bookings in total, wasn’t a bad tackle in the game.

It was the referees fault our players were too sharp for your players and they kept giving fouls away. Instead of blaming the referee, try teaching your players when to tackle and when to stay on their feet.

2 hours ago, big al said:

That’s quite enough of that talk Ron, I have to listen to him through the week.🤣🤣

Hi Al😀 what I like about Mr Nelson is that he doesn't babble or tell us about what we've just seen on the screen.  

For people like me  who live far away, it's great to watch home games without having to travel forever in baltic weather.  Kudos to the team in charge of the excellent streaming service.

The only thing I miss is standing on the terracing surrounded by complete lunatics. with instant one-liners). Speaking of such things, Big Stuart is such a miss, isn't he?  - the best and quickest I've ever heard.  It really was an art form. (Mibbe we should have a trophy in Stuart's name  for the best terracing wit of the year (With examples, of course).

40 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

It was the referees fault our players were too sharp for your players and they kept giving fouls away. Instead of blaming the referee, try teaching your players when to tackle and when to stay on their feet.

Give it a rest. Just when we’ve got rid of Clyde.

Every Cowden fan who has posted has agreed that Queens were the better side and deserved their win .  I think it would be. fair to say queens players were a bit more streetwise in getting decisions  from the ref. His yellow cards seemed pretty random. Barr and your number four were booked for what deserved at worst a finger wagging.

5 hours ago, iateallthepies said:

His yellow cards seemed pretty random. Barr and your number four were booked for what deserved at worst a finger wagging.

Agree with this, he was frustratingly inconsistent for both teams. Early in the game there was a handball to stop a QP attack, then Quitongo was stopped in his tracks with no attempt to play the ball. At least one of these deserved a yellow - going by his later bookings-  but not even a word to either player.    

Edited by Mick1867

On 06/12/2020 at 11:20, Kierkegaard said:

Great package by Blue Brazil TV, Well done. guys. 

I was impressed with the commentary. Best so far this season. Main commentator ( such a velvety smooth tone 😂) concentrated on the game he was watching and his sidekick seemed to know his football, offering good insight into the tactics and formation, especially of the opposition (this is where most of the commentaries fall short) Neither of them also had the need to ramble on about things irrelevant to the game. I appreciate most commentaries are just biased fans with microphones (I could never be impartial enough to do it) but they could learn a lot from these lads.