Cowdenbeath v QP

Really strong performance at what is generally a very difficult place to play. A wee touch of fortune with a couple of the goals, but our work rate deserved it. Managed the game so well. Gillespie and Galt were the pick of the bunch in what was a great team performance. Delighted to see Murray come on and score again. We can only take positives from today. Delighted.

Edited by an86

Stream was OK. Just froze once.
Commentators were good - least biased I've heard yet.
QP well on top for most of the game. I felt we had another gear if required.
Likewise - I watched on Google Chrome on laptop and temporarily froze just once in 1st half
Solid team performance best for me Doyle, Robson, Gillespie, Mchugh and Galt with prob his best game of the season.
Ditto on the Cowden media team knowledgeable and impartial [emoji122]

Delighted with that, thought we played really well throughout the 90 minutes and limited Cowdenbeath to very few chances. They seemed to only have the one tactic of launching the ball into the box at any given opportunity but the defence dealt with it with minimal fuss which was pleasing as so many times over the years we’ve been bullied by teams such as Cowden. 

Thought everyone was great but my motm would go to Gillespie. Such a calming influence on the pitch and he’s not afraid to get stuck in aswell, terrific performance and not a chance he can be dropped for next week. Once again buzzin to see Murray score, he’s played a total of 45 minutes competitive football and already has 2 goals and an assist to his name. 

Sets us up nicely for what I think will be our toughest game of the season next week against a good Edinburgh team but again, on this form I back us to win every game. 

Edited by qpfc

I agree, Gillespie was great.

A strange situation as a QP fan, but to have Longridge, Slater, McGlinchey and Baynham unused on the bench, and Carrol not in the squad, shows the strength we have.

Not sure if anyone watches the excellent Through the Turnstiles thing. Last night suggesting we are riding our luck, and a 'Frankenstein' team of individuals with no system, not as well organised as Stenny. This is an understandable comment, but a bit lazy in my view. As lazy as the Gretna comparisons. As a full-time squad with the quality we have, we are quite rightly considered title favourites, but we have conceded one goal in seven games and taken 19 points out of 21. I'm also seeing a team that work very hard for each other, playing to their strengths and setting up according to the game, and efficiently changing it mid-game. Perhaps what you would expect from a full-time team of galacticos, but today was a good example of a great team spirit. 

A very hard game next week, and plenty time for slip-ups and the 'I-told-you-so's', but I can't fault McKinnon so far.

Cowden worked hard today and never let up. Quality was missing for us in the midfield and up front. QP had it in the attacking postions that mattered and always looked a threat.

When we keep the ball on the deck we can play some decent stuff but too often the ball was a hot potato and seemed to be got rid of  post haste in a hopeful rather than purposeful manner.

Hope we can get a result sooner rather than later.  

1 hour ago, Velvet Donkey said:

I agree, Gillespie was great.

A strange situation as a QP fan, but to have Longridge, Slater, McGlinchey and Baynham unused on the bench, and Carrol not in the squad, shows the strength we have.

Not sure if anyone watches the excellent Through the Turnstiles thing. Last night suggesting we are riding our luck, and a 'Frankenstein' team of individuals with no system, not as well organised as Stenny. This is an understandable comment, but a bit lazy in my view. As lazy as the Gretna comparisons. As a full-time squad with the quality we have, we are quite rightly considered title favourites, but we have conceded one goal in seven games and taken 19 points out of 21. I'm also seeing a team that work very hard for each other, playing to their strengths and setting up according to the game, and efficiently changing it mid-game. Perhaps what you would expect from a full-time team of galacticos, but today was a good example of a great team spirit. 

A very hard game next week, and plenty time for slip-ups and the 'I-told-you-so's', but I can't fault McKinnon so far.

I found it equally bizarre the comments about stenny being more structured and us being a team of individuals. As much as Stenny gave a good account of themselves last week, they had 1 shot on target all game plus I thought our shape and structure with and without the ball was fantastic and it was evident again today. The only underwhelming performance in the league so far has been Stirling and even then we kept a clean sheet. I guess with the squad we’ve got, every detail on the pitch will be critiqued that wee bit more than others but that’s expected

Edited by qpfc