Video doorbells

Gaz FFC

Been thinking of getting 1 for a while. Is it a daft novelty or a sensible purchase?

From reading the sales pitch you could conceivably use it as security more than actually a doorbell.

The motion sensor alerts when you are away from the house would be very handy.

Is their some subscription involved?

Anyone got 1 and care to weigh in?

• 4 weeks later...

I work changeable shifts so got an Anker (Eufy) one of these, I wasn't keen on the Ring version, although it was cheaper on the out take, it wanted you to pay a monthly subscription. The Eufy one was a one of payment of £90.

I brought it on a black Friday deal so had it about a month and I've been pretty impressed, certainly useful for online deliveries.

Edited by frankthetank22

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/12/2020 at 11:59, welshbairn said:

Only point I can see is if you're worried about answering the door to debt collectors or an annoying neighbour.

Well we got a delivery last week and the postie took it back to the depot as we were out.

Mea t we had to go up and go through that fun to collect my parcel.

Would rather if I could have spoke with the postie and told him to leave it round the side of the house.

My wife gets a ton of deliveries so speaking to the courier's and postie's when you aren't in is very useful.

43 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Well we got a delivery last week and the postie took it back to the depot as we were out.

Mea t we had to go up and go through that fun to collect my parcel.

Would rather if I could have spoke with the postie and told him to leave it round the side of the house.

My wife gets a ton of deliveries so speaking to the courier's and postie's when you aren't in is very useful.

You usually get an option to tell them where you want them to leave a delivery if you're not in, and you'd have to be pretty alert to catch him on your phone before he's given up and away on his van again I'd have thought. But I can see the value if someone's a bit slow to answer the door for whatever reason, or nervous about who might be at the door.