Cove v Mo, 5/12/20

Montrose make the short journey up the A92 to the Altens wind tunnel, in a match-up that could see literally tens of fans logging into CRFC TV to hear steady-as-a-rock Scott Davie's accomplished but minimalist commentary, interspersed with updates from the other matches taking place.  Should be good!  Narrow home win, IMHO.  

Will be weird to be in the same city as this and not allowed to attend.

Cove are a strong team and Montrose will need to be up for this. Weather forecast to be horrible, very wet and windy. That may be a bit of a leveller.

Would take a point from one of the tougher away days in the league.

Any thoughts of climbing up Redmoss transmitter in a high viz jacket disguised as 'maintenance' with a pair of binoculars and a MERCENARY PLUMBER flag well and truly shot down by that porridge of a weather forecast I saw earlier. It's cold enough at the best of times up there.

Not sure we'll get anything from this, it's a bit of a free hit against a team that hardly ever lose, especially at home.  Hopefully by the May game we'll get to see it at close quarters.

Edited by Scorge

23 hours ago, resk said:

Montrose make the short journey up the A92 to the Altens wind tunnel, in a match-up that could see literally tens of fans logging into CRFC TV to hear steady-as-a-rock Scott Davie's accomplished but minimalist commentary, interspersed with updates from the other matches taking place.  Should be good!  Narrow home win, IMHO.  

Altens wind tunnel; no truer words said!

I've been fairly impressed with Montrose when catching the highlights of their games on YouTube. Will be a tough game for Cove but if we continue the first half form against Airdrie, which was akin to the way we played in L2 last season, we should be in good stead. Masson and Milne linked up well on the left side and Fyvie has looked very composed and on form since returning from injury. Scully is his usual hard working self.

I've said this a couple of times now we're really missing that attacking midfielder playing in the hole behind Mitch and for me McIntosh needs to do a bit more offensively but saying that I would keep him in the starting line up over playing Rory up top.

Mitch not in the squad today.

I worry about McAllister playing up top by himself. Will have little pace except for McIntosh who insisted a deadly finisher like Mitch.

Our dynamic will be definitely be different. Interesting to see how we get on.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Half time at Balmoral and it's 1-0 after a fine header from Harry Milne who has been a stand out. 

Cove have had a fair bit of the ball and passed it around with control. Definitely miss the pace of Mitch but still managed to create a few chances and look threatening at times.

Fyvie, Yule and Scully looking good in the middle. Masson a bit sloppy in position.

Montrose look well drilled and decent enough going forward. Still all to play for going into that second half.

1 minute ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Take a bow Russel MacLean, unstoppable goal

From my vantage point on a fence behind Mackenzie, that was a beaut of a curler into Mackenzie's top left corner. Good pen from Webby too. Not the best view but after 8 months it's a treat. 

Let's hold on now. 

3 minutes ago, JamesMunro said:

Fyvie needs dropped, since he’s came back into the team we have completely lost our rhythm, there’s a reasons he’s dropped so far down in football and it’s because he offers nothing

I've thought Fyvie's looked good since returning. Masson and McIntosh not doing enough for me. Also Scott Ross at right back isn't ideal.

Mitch is a huge miss. McAllister hasn't got the legs to trouble or turn defences.

What options are there on the bench to turn it around? Jordan Brown is HL standard at best. Broque is useless, and I don't think Semple and Seb are anything worth writing about. 

3 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I've thought Fyvie's looked good since returning. Masson and McIntosh not doing enough for me. Also Scott Ross at right back isn't ideal.

Mitch is a huge miss. McAllister hasn't got the legs to trouble or turn defences.

What options are there on the bench to turn it around? Jordan Brown is HL standard at best. Broque is useless, and I don't think Semple and Seb are anything worth writing about. 

Football is a results game, and we are definitely a slower team when Fyvie is playing. Won a meaningless game against Forfar in the cup and then haven’t won since. 

you’re correct though, there isn’t much options, I haven’t rated any of Hartleys signings bar Glass! 

8 minutes ago, JamesMunro said:

Football is a results game, and we are definitely a slower team when Fyvie is playing. Won a meaningless game against Forfar in the cup and then haven’t won since. 

you’re correct though, there isn’t much options, I haven’t rated any of Hartleys signings bar Glass! 

McAllister needs Mitch or less he gets isolated, that's so obvious especially when we have no glass or canto in the hole behind. Scully, Fyvie in the middle are defensively minded although Fyvie has been trying to attack.

We might nick a draw here which would be deserved on the whole but the 100% winning record is going.

Yep Glass, Canto and Higgins are PH only good signings in my opinion.

The signings since and including McAllister have been extremely poor

Well done to Montrose.

Must admit didn't see that coming at half time but a reckless tackle by Leighton McIntosh that conceded a penalty and a cracking postage stamp finish from MacLean from over 20 yards in the space of 5 minutes gave the visitors all 3 points.

Cove clearly missed Mitch and the lack of depth was evident.

3 minutes ago, Scorge said:

Only one word to describe that result

Hide contents

sooooooooo-sooooooooooooooo-sooooooodio

_1_.JPG.48757dab45f753c7e3ad1599479ae154.JPG

3 shots; 2  on target, 2 goals and all 3 points. 

Cove had more shots and shots on target but it's the result that counts.

Impressive display from Montrose, with Waddell looking very composed in defence. Cracking finish from Rusty and Webby just doesn't miss from the penalty spot. Nice wee cameo from Mochrie.
Hard to believe that since joining the SFL that has been Cove's first game without dropping any points.
Three points and move in.

Thought Chris Mochriedona played some excellent fitba. The Mo just seemed to come on to a better game as the second half proceeded. Cove obviously missed Megginson. Glad we took all three points and I think we probably deserved them over the 90+. Great to get back to winning ways again!

8 minutes ago, Brummo said:

Thought Chris Mochriedona played some excellent fitba. The Mo just seemed to come on to a better game as the second half proceeded. Cove obviously missed Megginson. Glad we took all three points and I think we probably deserved them over the 90+. Great to get back to winning ways again!

Mochrie was impressive and so was Waddell.

Good Montrose win but feel we deserved to take something from the game. Think we deserved a point from it. No sore loser though, it's a defeat and onto the next game .

Montrose are a well drilled side with no real weaknesses; solid outfit