Livingston vs Dundee Utd

6 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Big result and a solid performance. Clean sheet is massive for us. Big Marv was a colossus for us today and took his goal excellently, looked like a perfect copy of his goal v hearts.

Think you're overrating that achievement, given we rarely have a shot on target in any game.

Easily deserved win for Livingston though.

16 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Big result and a solid performance. Clean sheet is massive for us. Big Marv was a colossus for us today and took his goal excellently, looked like a perfect copy of his goal v hearts.

Yeah massive win for us with Accies also winning and St Mirren getting a draw, we'd have been right in the mire had we lost today. Still not out of it but certainly looking a lot better.

Poplatnik has made such a difference to our attack, Marv was brilliant,  and Guthrie & Fitzwater handled McNulty & Shankland well. Looking like our old selves under Martindale, more energy pressing and working for one another.

First half Utd pressed us well and it was a stalemate, but just before we scored you could see we were playing much better the 2nd half, and were getting at them, Marv even having a shot on target too, so glad he got his goal. If we keep it going we'll soon climb up a place or two.

What a difference a bloody win makes to the weekend, fairly lift the spirits.:guinness

9 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Poplatnik has made such a difference to our attack,

Thought he was brilliant but I must say, Jet looked decent when he came on. Looked more like the player we thought we were getting. Perhaps coming on against a tired defence suits him.

22 minutes ago, hoobahabba said:

What's the deal, United? Are you saving all your shite performances for the fixtures against us or are you this bad every week? If it's the latter, how the hell do you have 20 points?

What's the deal, Livi? Are you saving all your good performances for the fixtures against us or are you this decent every week? If it's the latter, how the hell do you have 15 points?

8 minutes ago, hoobahabba said:

Because, unfortunately, we aren't allowed to play you every week.

Yes that’s the way it works.  Are you new to league football?

Anyway, well done - enjoy your night, personally I’m heading down the pub to drown my sorrows.

Excellent second half from us. Looked a bit more aggressive and dangerous going forward. Poplatnik really coming on to a game with some great knockdowns and all round being a pain (very Livi!). On Jet, I’ve not seen enough from him yet to think we can build a team around him. I think if you hit him with the ball it’ll stick and he’ll win a header. He doesn’t seem particularly mobile to me  and comes so deep to get on the ball that he won’t work as a striker/on his own. Hopefully he’s still sharpening up. I’m not seeing the runners off him working. 

Edited by crispy

20 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yes that’s the way it works.  Are you new to league football?

Anyway, well done - enjoy your night, personally I’m heading down the pub to drown my sorrows.

Wish to hell i could head down to ma pub.Must be different in Dundee. Bloody Covid. 🍻😥

Really struggling to stop myself calling for the manager to be sacked (I doubt we could afford it in any case).

What a horrendous brand of football we have. A shot at goal is a rarity. A player taking on an opponent and getting down the wing never happens. We play with zero bravery. All this with a frontline the majority of the league would be envious of.

I said a few weeks ago that it's all very well playing like this and picking up the odd points here and there, but it wouldn't last forever. Think we're at that stage now and suspect well tumble down the table in the coming weeks.

2 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Really struggling to stop myself calling for the manager to be sacked (I doubt we could afford it in any case).

What a horrendous brand of football we have. A shot at goal is a rarity. A player taking on an opponent and getting down the wing never happens. We play with zero bravery. All this with a frontline the majority of the league would be envious of.

I said a few weeks ago that it's all very well playing like this and picking up the odd points here and there, but it wouldn't last forever. Think we're at that stage now and suspect well tumble down the table in the coming weeks.

We have a very tough fixture list in December and this was one of the few games we could have got something.

I didn’t mind us starting five at the back, horrendous though it is in terms of football, but the the first (and only) substitution was a joke.  Appere or Robson on, Reynolds off would have been the right option.

Anyway, I’m away down the pub to drown my sorrows.