2020 on P&B - Best and Worst

6 minutes ago, Andrew Driver said:

FFS boys he's elevating his job and laughing at Hearts league status.  

No, you're wrong this time. He hasn't pretended to be a Doctor, not like that Arbroath supporter did a few years ago. @lichtie23 

Tynie was never worse than ambiguous and is definitely in the running for best poster.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

When the forum was at its most petty and everyone was sniping at each other I wanted to start a thread of our favourite posts of the week to try and generate some camaraderie among the posting troops. Unfortunately I haven't found anything that made me laugh out loud as much as this from back in early September. That last line still does me in.

On 04/09/2020 at 22:06, Marshmallo said:

People are seeing what they want to see re Dykes. I get the desire to pump up a player from the Scottish Premiership and then defend them, but if you're happy with that then you're watching a different sport to the one I'm watching.

In fairness, he was OK but was completely failed by the dreadful, confused team selection by Clarke. No urgency, no creativity, no clue. We need to improve big time on Monday or we are out of this group before I've even had a chance to boo the team in person.

On 18/06/2020 at 12:53, Tynierose said:

Advanced Nurse Practitioner.

You have to do several courses get a masters then get you're advanced title.

We work alongside Gp's and unfortunately due to the lack of them you tend to end up seeing us.  It's important to remember you're only an ANP despite practice managers thinking you can see the same level of complex patient that a gp can.  

This is despite the fact that GP's are incredibly well trained, have shit loads of experience and generally know what they're doing.  Well a lot of them are.

Anp's not so much.  As long as you know your limitations then you're fine.  It's the ones who actually think they're as good as a GP that end up in the shit.

I'm fine as I know I'm bang average.

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

No, you're wrong this time. He hasn't pretended to be a Doctor, not like that Arbroath supporter did a few years ago. @lichtie23 

Tynie was never worse than ambiguous and is definitely in the running for best poster.

Correct above is young Adam asking what my job title means back in June.

4 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

When the forum was at its most petty and everyone was sniping at each other I wanted to start a thread of our favourite posts of the week to try and generate some camaraderie among the posting troops. 

As I said to you on the Group Chat, you need to believe in yourself more. 

You are capable of great things on Pie and Bovril.

5 minutes ago, Andrew Driver said:

Given your extra hours commitment to the P&B cause then I'll happily take this correction.   Since this thread is currently attracting the good guys I'd like to personally thank you for your years of excellent service to this online community forum.   

Don't...really...it means a lot though. I admire your indefatigability in the face of adversity.

but there's been some real heroes in this difficult year, let's focus on them.

24 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

As I said to you on the Group Chat, you need to believe in yourself more. 

You are capable of great things on Pie and Bovril.

Just hadn't seen any really funny posts my brother

3 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

I think it has to be this one, though word association and musical chinese whispers run it close.

A rare miss from the dearly departed Mhak the Facts You Made Up thread.

Quite impressed we've got to Page 2 without a meltdown or banning tbqh. Anyway:

• Best Poster: I think @MixuFruit is a fair shout here. Generally posts insightful stuff and correctly views Andy Wightman as a god of sorts. I also enjoy @invergowrie arab and @Gnash's contributions on the Hillwalking and Cycling threads. @virginton unceasing ability to turn other posters into raging messes with barely any effort at all remains impressive. 
  • Worst Poster: @Sinner-to-Saint, @Pet Jeden / @8GamesToGo and @Gorgie greatness were all absolutely horrific efforts. Pet's mewling nonsense and Gorgie's ability to reach Junior forum levels of incoherent posting were initially funny but soon wore thin and no one could argue with richly deserved bans for Jeremiah and Pet. Honourable mentions also to @Steven W for somehow shoehorning the fact that his wife has managed to fire out a couple of c**t turds repeatedly into the Covid-19 thread and @The_Kincardine's commitment to repeatedly spewing hateful anti-Scottish (and anti-factual) bile all over the Politics sub forum but the clear winner has to be JTS98, who spent the entire summer relentlessly trolling the reconstruction threads then somehow ended up posting a load of self-pitying pish on the now lamented Headsgone Thread. Good fucking riddance. 
  • Best Thread - The Hearts/Reconstruction thread was up there almost with the Rangers administration thread with some absolutely terrific meltdowns from Hearts posters, however recent developments suggests the "Let's all laugh at Celtic" thread has magnificent potential. I'd edge towards the former though, with the St Mirren contingent indulging in some absolute god-tier level trolling of Hearts fans. 
  • Worst Thread - Someone suggested a visit to the Clyde thread on the Headsgone one a few months back. I should have actually added visiting a Clyde thread to the "Done Once, Never Again" thread. Mental. 
  • Worst P&B Couple - Without question it's @strichener and @Baxter Parp. Instantly turning every thread they post on into an unending back and forth of absolute eye-rape that no one cares about. Almost enough to make me pine for the glory days of Supras and H_B on Misc Fitba. 
  • The Stop Fucking Digging Award - @D.A.F.C for his erm, interesting thoughts on BLM, and subsequent doubling down. Weird. 
  • Most Deserved Ban - A tough one to call as many well-deserved emptyings have been handed out. However the emptying of outright bigot and Tommy Robinson fanboy @sureiknow was fine work. 
  • Poster I'd Bring Back - I don't think he was binned this year, but nonetheless @Jimmy85 relentless and outright abuse of Old Firm fans was fucking brilliant and I would be pleased to see such a return to form. 

I can't be arsed with any more categories.

15 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

I think it has to be this one, though word association and musical chinese whispers run it close.

Facts You Made Up could be great if the posts were in any way believable.

11 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Quite impressed we've got to Page 2 without a meltdown or banning tbqh. Anyway:

• Best Poster: I think @MixuFruit is a fair shout here. Generally posts insightful stuff and correctly views Andy Wightman as a god of sorts. I also enjoy @invergowrie arab and @Gnash's contributions on the Hillwalking and Cycling threads. @virginton unceasing ability to turn other posters into raging messes with barely any effort at all remains impressive. 
  • Worst Poster: @Sinner-to-Saint, @Pet Jeden / @8GamesToGo and @Gorgie greatness were all absolutely horrific efforts. Pet's mewling nonsense and Gorgie's ability to reach Junior forum levels of incoherent posting were initially funny but soon wore thin and no one could argue with richly deserved bans for Jeremiah and Pet. Honourable mentions also to @Steven W for somehow shoehorning the fact that his wife has managed to fire out a couple of c**t turds repeatedly into the Covid-19 thread and @The_Kincardine's commitment to repeatedly spewing hateful anti-Scottish (and anti-factual) bile all over the Politics sub forum but the clear winner has to be JTS98, who spent the entire summer relentlessly trolling the reconstruction threads then somehow ended up posting a load of self-pitying pish on the now lamented Headsgone Thread. Good fucking riddance. 
  • Best Thread - The Hearts/Reconstruction thread was up there almost with the Rangers administration thread with some absolutely terrific meltdowns from Hearts posters, however recent developments suggests the "Let's all laugh at Celtic" thread has magnificent potential. I'd edge towards the former though, with the St Mirren contingent indulging in some absolute god-tier level trolling of Hearts fans. 
  • Worst Thread - Someone suggested a visit to the Clyde thread on the Headsgone one a few months back. I should have actually added visiting a Clyde thread to the "Done Once, Never Again" thread. Mental. 
  • Worst P&B Couple - Without question it's @strichener and @Baxter Parp. Instantly turning every thread they post on into an unending back and forth of absolute eye-rape that no one cares about. Almost enough to make me pine for the glory days of Supras and H_B on Misc Fitba. 
  • The Stop Fucking Digging Award - @D.A.F.C for his erm, interesting thoughts on BLM, and subsequent doubling down. Weird. 
  • Most Deserved Ban - A tough one to call as many well-deserved emptyings have been handed out. However the emptying of outright bigot and Tommy Robinson fanboy @sureiknow was fine work. 
  • Poster I'd Bring Back - I don't think he was binned this year, but nonetheless @Jimmy85 relentless and outright abuse of Old Firm fans was fucking brilliant and I would be pleased to see such a return to form. 

I can't be arsed with any more categories.

Felt like vT was on autopilot for years but 2020 was some resurgence.  Back to the good old days of having multiple posters dancing like puppets on strings.