2020 on P&B - Best and Worst

Given we are now entering December I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread celebrating the great (and not so great!) things we've seen on P&B this year.

Please use this thread to reminisce about your memories of This Forum in 2020.

Create your own categories, name as many as you want - who cares, I'm not running a poll.

Some suggested categories for me:

Best poster of 2020 (eg Szamo's Ammo, MixuFruit, TynieRose, Sergeant Wilson)

Worst poster of 2020 (eg Pozbaird)

Funniest poster of 2020 (eg Sergeant Wilson, Andrew Driver, that lad who keeps suggesting Steven Caulker should play for Scotland)

Best topic of 2020 (eg Serbia vs Scotland, The Audit, What Are You Drinking?)

Worst topic of 2020 (eg Facts You Made Up, Word Association)

Best post of 2020

Worst post of 2020

Banned poster you'd bring back (eg ali_91, Pear Buyer Bell, Lexi Collector)

Poster you wish posted more 2020 (eg HibeeJibee, Melanius Mullarkey, Marten)

I will need to have a think before I submit my nominations

Edited by Marshmallo

Great thread idea!

Worst post of 2020:

On 22/09/2020 at 11:53, 8MileBU said:

As a fellow Twitter user we have some mutual followers and followings, so naturally I’ve stumbled across your profile. Having seen your diminutive stature and dress sense, you’ll have to forgive me for thinking you looked like Eugene Thundercunt’s mini-me and far too old for skateboarding. Please don’t be offended, I’m only saying this now so that you understand why I shan’t be paying any attention to you critiquing my choice of jean.

Anyways, I digress. My main point is that oor George does good quality affordable and practical jeans. You could  almost be forgiven for thinking their traditional light blue bootcuts were designer label.

ETA: Just registered we’re still on the coronavirus thread 😄

This is probably the worst and creepiest post of 2020 for me. There are some terrible contributions to the Coronavirus thread but this one was spine chilling. Even ignoring the stalker undertones in paragraph one, the part in bold made particularly horrifying reading.

I think @itzdrk would be well within his rights to press charges here.

Screenshot_20201006-215654_Chrome.jpg.9969a1daf2b374e5f8c05e6cf8ef1ebf.jpg

This early Sunday morning post from @pawpar is also quite frightening. I can only assume it is because they were given Red Circles due to their various racist posts on Pie and Bovril. This poster is in their mid 50s!

Apparently finding racist and discriminatory views abhorrent makes someone a "nonce" these days.

Digging a little deeper and the title given to their profile picture is even more disturbing:

Screenshot_20201120-022802_Gallery.jpg.50b7f94b5d5ac8664676802909eb9d08.jpg

(Just an FYI for @Marshmallo and @Mr. Alli)

Absolutely terrifying I am sure everyone will agree.

Banned posters I would bring back:

I would like to see Ali_91 return to the forum. This website could do with more of a moral conscience, particularly when seen through the prism of the horrifying behaviour above from the wrong-uns of this website.

All in all however, considering the restrictions on life we are all facing, I think it has been a great year for Pie and Bovril.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

26 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Best poster of 2020 

Worst poster of 2020 

Funniest poster of 2020 

Best topic of 2020 

Worst topic of 2020 

Best post of 2020

Worst post of 2020

Banned poster you'd bring back 

Poster you wish posted more 2020 

I'm happy enough with these and might add thickest poster and a newcomer mention. You do right not including a poll. I'm sure that'll avoid the nastiness that the competitive element of the board bring to these occasions.

After the year we've had this will be a celebration!

Page 7 of the covid thread on January 24th, the media and Scientific community were all over the place with what might or might not be true and chinas now obviously pack of lies figures were still somewhat being believed. A handful of P&B poster called it spot on. Should we congratulate ourselves or be rightfully fucking terrified?

1 hour ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Great thread idea!

Worst post of 2020:

This is probably the worst and creepiest post of 2020 for me. There are some terrible contributions to the Coronavirus thread but this one was spine chilling. Even ignoring the stalker undertones in paragraph one, the part in bold made particularly horrifying reading.

I think @itzdrk would be well within his rights to press charges here.

Screenshot_20201006-215654_Chrome.jpg.9969a1daf2b374e5f8c05e6cf8ef1ebf.jpg

This early Sunday morning post from @pawpar is also quite frightening. I can only assume it is because they were given Red Circles due to their various racist posts on Pie and Bovril. This poster is in their mid 50s!

Apparently finding racist and discriminatory views abhorrent makes someone a "nonce" these days.

Digging a little deeper and the title given to their profile picture is even more disturbing:

Screenshot_20201120-022802_Gallery.jpg.50b7f94b5d5ac8664676802909eb9d08.jpg

(Just an FYI for @Marshmallo and @Mr. Alli)

Absolutely terrifying I am sure everyone will agree.

Banned posters I would bring back:

I would like to see Ali_91 return to the forum. This website could do with more of a moral conscience, particularly when seen through the prism of the horrifying behaviour above from the wrong-uns of this website.

All in all however, considering the restrictions on life we are all facing, I think it has been a great year for Pie and Bovril.

8Mile getting that Jeremy Clarkson chic down to a tee there.

Who's the skater he's referring to? Didn't think there were any others on here.

Best post surely has to go to Craigkillie's takedown of yon Pozbaird after he happily admitted to going to the shops with his wife at a time we were all being told to stay at home just so they could argue about what biscuits to buy.

31 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

I can't remember if this made it into 2020 or if it was 2019 but assuming the latter, @Oleksandr's fatality on @Monkey Tennis with "posty post" was the best post of the year, on Tarmo's nuked best and worst posters thread.

If "that's the joke" is your thing, then yes, it was incredible.

A strange definition of 'fatality' too.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

If "that's the joke" is your thing, then yes, it was incredible.

A strange definition of 'fatality' too.

It’s nice to see it doesn’t bother you in the slightest, though. 

On 30/03/2020 at 16:01, craigkillie said:

This is one of the most terminally stupid posts I've ever read on here. I have no real issue with two folk sitting in the car together to go to their nearest shop as long as only one is going in for the shopping. It's not what I'd do, but I can understand the logic. I don't have an issue with two people going out a walk together - in fact we have done this a couple of times - it's probably good for you in terms of keeping things as "normal" as possible, although my wife has been getting annoyed about just how much of a wide berth I have given people.

However, choosing, in spite of all the evidence, to actually go in to the shops together is the height of selfishness. You are immediately making it harder for everyone else in that shop to keep their distance, and if you're the type of people that do that you're probably also the type who walk two abreast down the aisles or stand about with your trolley blocking the aisle having a discussion without even thinking about other customers.  Everyone there will think you are a pair of complete arseholes. When you're standing pondering your fucking cupcakes and blocking up the aisle, you are giving a fellow customer a moral quandary about whether to stand and wait for you or squeeze past and risk catching the disease off two people who are much more likely than average to have it because they're acting like fucking selfish imbeciles all the time.

Even a couple of weeks ago before these new regulations properly ramped up, when my wife and I went out an (essential) walk to drop food off for a vulnerable person and popped into the supermarkets on the way, one of us stood out in the car park and the other one went in. Somehow we managed to still get enough food to last us a week without facing any of those existential dilemmas you have posed about fucking red wine.

I might have let it slide if you hadn't then twice lowered the tone of the debate even further by comparing people who disagreed with you to Nazis. That singles you out as not just a wee bit selfish, but instead as a horrible fucking arsehole (or as you'd probably type it a "horrible fcuknig aresohle").

😍

It's a pity the H****s G*** is gone, many posts and posters might be in there. It might even be due a posthumous award. On the other hand Covid has brought us some tremendous posting, not just the medical impact of the pandemic but it hit football hard and flushed some absolute fucking lunatics out of the shadows.

This is going to be a pen and paper job. Between this and the Dead Pool Her Majesty better not expect too much of me until after the new year now.

Biggest head's gone would be a popular category, especially since the winner will no doubt reveal itself in this thread in the next few weeks.

Edited by GiGi

Best Poster of 2020

This has been a difficult category for me and I've spent the past few hours deliberating on my decision. Objectively speaking, it makes perfect sense to vote for a Marshmallo or a Viking Ton as they invariably post excellent box office content.

As someone who has visited General Nonsense more frequently than usual in the last year I have been impressed by @Sergeant Wilson and @MixuFruitbut I have decided to go with...

@Tynierose.

The fact they are a an ANP in general practice, forum moderator and a Juniors football fan means my initial instinct is to write them off completely as a useful member of society. However, their brutally honest, helpful and humorous musings on all things Coronavirus has made me view them in a more positive light than I ever would have imagined.

Congratulations @Tynierose.

Dua Lipa Kiss GIF by Music Choice

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo