Pars v St Johnstone

Ayrpar

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its frustrating that the manager is changing more and more every week, and the performances are getting worse and worse, when it felt like we were building towards something.

Tonight he took our best CM, McCann, and played him virtually as a winger. Took Wotherspoon, whos arguably played the best football of his career on the left of a front three, and played him in some weird central role, and then wide right. May, clearly our best striker was dropped for Kane, who for all his strengths has never been the type of striker you start on his own against a decent lower league side.

I see zero point in him playing McCann, Davidson and Craig, and leaving Conway on the bench, if hes wanting to play 5-2-3.

First half was played a great tempo, which completely vanished the moment Dunfermline dared to attack us from the start of the second half, at which point we started misplacing passes all over the shop and just shelling balls up the park.

And for all that if we'd taken just the really glaring chances, the open goals, we would have been home and dry. May doesn't miss complete open goals often and I thought Davidson was just underneath the ball for his chance. Very fine margins but we got there in the end. Couldn't give a f**k about the performance tbh.

Hibs in the semi and we have a final to look forward to.

Thought it strange to play Dow inside of Fraser Murray, neither of them played to anything like they are capable. Alongside subdued performances from McInroy and Thomas we effectively had Turner  in the midfield.  Despite having five in midfield we lacked width in attack. OFW concerns are rearing, he seemed to take two attempts to gather the ball at every shot /cross. I was disappointed he didnt keep the 4th (?) penalty out , low to his left the ball seemed to go between his hands.

Very odd decision to have Watson take the first penalty , usual wisdom is your most experienced penalty takers take the first and last penalties,as soon as he stepped forward I texted my mate to say why was he taking it.    

46 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

And for all that if we'd taken just the really glaring chances, the open goals, we would have been home and dry.

Thats been said after literally every game this season though, yet we've only won 5 out of 20 games against teams in the top two tiers this season in 90 minutes.

6 hours ago, Grant228 said:

God knows how that performance compares to St Johnstones standards but that's alright.

Comfortably one of the worst in the 2nd half. 1st half was similar to what we've seen all season at home.

O'Hara is absolute cow dung and offers us nothing, would genuinely rather give McCann a chance up front than him, at least he manufactured himself a chance in ET.

O’Hara has been disappointing, but 6 goals in 13 isn’t a bad record. It’s hard to say if McCann would have finished any of the chances O’Hara has had. He’s yet to score a professional goal.

Everyone n their dug knew O'Hara was going bottom left with that penalty. The keeper knew before kick off. 

I'm positive in the 90 minutes we didnt have a shot on target and I'm struggling to remember a shot at all. (Anyone confirm?)

Why did we sit back so much? Granted Saints are the better team but they're no The Rangers.

Anyway, justice was done in the end, I suppose. 

*shrugs"
We're on the cusp of becoming Dundee United fans. Bragging about this exciting young squad, claiming we've dominated games because we've completed more passes than our opponents, getting huffy when anyone says we've been shite.
That was abysmal. Dunfermline arguably one of the worst sides we've played this season. We still couldn't beat them over 120 minutes, couldn't hold a lead, couldn't keep a clean sheet, the second half we could barely complete a pass. 
For those wanking themselves off about the possession, we had over 70% at half time, and had 8 shots, so in the final 105 minutes we had around 50% and 12 shots. 
Scintillating.
Hang on here. You're slagging folk for posting stats????

• 2 months later...