Pars v St Johnstone

Ayrpar

6 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Wait, people from Perth are having digs at the accent? Not having that. 

Ach, Saints dominated possession but outwith the first 25 minutes? I thought it was an even game, a draw was probably about right, Paul Watson taking our first penalty was banter but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't gutted, easier than being there I suppose. 

Get your eyes tested.

Just now, Lang Toon Saintee said:

" Didn't deserve to go through " Really !!??

Screenshot_20201215-224040_Scores.jpg

I mean, you realise showing me a few numbers that show we "dominated", in a game we couldn't win in 120 minutes, isn't exactly telling me we weren't shite, dont you?

The vast majority of our possession was along the backline.

18 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Spot on. Good luck

Hide contents

for absolutely f**k all, you silly Fife c***s, and take that accent with you.

3D1B1EDF-FD85-4B60-9033-9CF1810EF4EC.png.a7f2ddd683d3e38b7adc49b0c86adbdc.png 

It's been a long time since we last played you hope by the next time we face each other your past recycling VTs ancient horrific patter.

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

f**k off you boring c**t.

*shrugs"

We're on the cusp of becoming Dundee United fans. Bragging about this exciting young squad, claiming we've dominated games because we've completed more passes than our opponents, getting huffy when anyone says we've been shite.

That was abysmal. Dunfermline arguably one of the worst sides we've played this season. We still couldn't beat them over 120 minutes, couldn't hold a lead, couldn't keep a clean sheet, the second half we could barely complete a pass. 

For those wanking themselves off about the possession, we had over 70% at half time, and had 8 shots, so in the final 105 minutes we had around 50% and 12 shots. 

Scintillating.

Bloody hell random, come on, playing to type a bit too much here. It wasn’t great, there’s issues clearly but fully expected us to lose on penalties so let’s take it and hope for favourable semi final draw.

Really enjoyed the Pars TV commentators. Maybe they mixed our players up a bit but thought they were very fair and balanced. Didn’t grate at all like most do. My stream was fine on laptop too, casting to TV wasn’t good. Thought Kyle Turner was impressive for Dunfermline. Shame couldn’t have been there in person, it’s torture watching on your own.

*shrugs"
We're on the cusp of becoming Dundee United fans. Bragging about this exciting young squad, claiming we've dominated games because we've completed more passes than our opponents, getting huffy when anyone says we've been shite.
That was abysmal. Dunfermline arguably one of the worst sides we've played this season. We still couldn't beat them over 120 minutes, couldn't hold a lead, couldn't keep a clean sheet, the second half we could barely complete a pass. 
For those wanking themselves off about the possession, we had over 70% at half time, and had 8 shots, so in the final 105 minutes we had around 50% and 12 shots. 
Scintillating.
We all know it's not perfect and alot of things are still not clicking but at the end of the day it's a cup competition and all you can do is win the tie and move on.
I remember Starks park in 2014 and it wasn't perfect but no one remembered that performance when we lifted the cup three months later.
What a strange reaction to have for you to say saints did not deserve that win.

6 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

It's weird seeing a team winning a national quarter-final cup tie on penalties, shaking hands with the opponents and leaving the pitch without celebrating. We need fans back urgently.

Liam Craig seemed to manage a mini fist-bump, then immediately turned to shake hands with the keeper, then he went off like he was leaving a meeting. 

Did we 'deserve' to win? Yes, on balance we did. But we were poor for the second game in a row and in that second half we looked totally flat. 

A win at the weekend and we're right back in the top 6 race and in a semi final but we're playing some honking football.

Anyway for all that Dunfermline were poor too, if it's any consolation I'd not be at all surprised if you come up via playoff this season so good luck to you all. 

1 minute ago, Costanza said:

Bloody hell random, come on, playing to type a bit too much here. It wasn’t great, there’s issues clearly but fully expected us to lose on penalties so let’s take it and hope for favourable semi final draw.

Just now, perthsaint1977 said:

We all know it's not perfect and alot of things are still not clicking but at the end of the day it's a cup competition and all you can do is win the tie and move on.
I remember Starks park in 2014 and it wasn't perfect but no one remembered that performance when we lifted the cup three months later.
What a strange reaction to have for you to say saints did not deserve that win.

Its frustrating that the manager is changing more and more every week, and the performances are getting worse and worse, when it felt like we were building towards something.

Tonight he took our best CM, McCann, and played him virtually as a winger. Took Wotherspoon, whos arguably played the best football of his career on the left of a front three, and played him in some weird central role, and then wide right. May, clearly our best striker was dropped for Kane, who for all his strengths has never been the type of striker you start on his own against a decent lower league side.

I see zero point in him playing McCann, Davidson and Craig, and leaving Conway on the bench, if hes wanting to play 5-2-3.

First half was played a great tempo, which completely vanished the moment Dunfermline dared to attack us from the start of the second half, at which point we started misplacing passes all over the shop and just shelling balls up the park.

Thought we weathered a couple 20 minute spells of heavy pressure, first 20 and first half of extra time. The rest we managed to level it out to a shitfest.

We are really lacking a striker who can hold the ball up. McManus can be a pain in the arse are championship level but that's is far as his abilities go. O'Hara is just an awful footballer. Really need to be imrpoving this area in the winter.

Thought the better team won but credit to Crawford for changing it in extra time. You could see the gulf in class early on but saints didn’t really get behind us too much. Bit of a shitfest tbh.

We really need another option apart from McManus and thought we fell away until we reorganised later on once he went off. O’Hara can’t do anything apart from finish chances so we only have one guy to hold the ball up.

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Get your eyes tested.

Vision is sound, we quite clearly went into that happy for St Johnstone to have all the possession they wanted along their backline, racking up 60% possession with your 3 Centre backs making roughly 1 billion passes doesn't equate to dominence. Limiting St Johnstone to hopeful crosses into the box and contesting headers is a fairly sound defensive tactic, as proven by the fact we just went 120 minutes and drew 1-1.

We didn't play well by our standards, God knows how that performance compares to St Johnstones standards but that's alright. We went into the game knowing we'd have to drag their performance down with some shitfesting and we done that reasonably well. 

Despite being vastly the inferior side, it's gutting to go out by a single penalty.
Has fon Williams got tiny hands or something? Tiny baby Deadpool hands.

The lack of options up front has been known since the start of the season. McCann showed enough in ET to merit more appearances I thought though.

Thought Turner and Edwards were our best players.