Pars v St Johnstone

Ayrpar

I'm always amazed when the Elizabethan is mentioned. 

Never got why away fans don't just go into the town, distance wise you're about the same but you then have a plethora of pubs to choose from. Nicer setting etc and you can grab a Stephens on the way to the game at half the price. There's a reason so few home fans go to it. 

59 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Stakes have never been higher.

Loser gets Aaron Comrie.

Ah, but St Johnstone fans will have to keep you as company. 

On the game itself it'll either be a tight, scrappy and on the whole dull affair which will suit us, or St Johnstone will really hit their stride and win fairly comfortably. While we have a chance it's still a fairly low one, all the pressure on St Johnstone as the Premier league side, I'm sure they've got a very good record against lower league sides in the Cup. 

Both managers will be very well acquainted although our team is a bit different from when Davidson was here. 

Edited by Grant228

The Elizabethan is a shitehole, much prefer going into town but it's been that long that half the pubs we used to go to will probably be shut. 

If we play like we can we will win, if we play shite we'll still win. I couldn't even tell you who plays for them but they'll be shite if they regard Ryan Dow as a "star".

1-3 with us squandering several clear cut chances.

I've seen some positivity from the Dunfermline Athletic fanbase in regards to the draw. I'm not entirely sure what their thought process is. I don't think it could get much worse for them. I'd certainly expect us to beat any of the quarter-final teams pretty comfortably with the possible exception of Rangers.

The Elizabethan is a shitehole, much prefer going into town but it's been that long that half the pubs we used to go to will probably be shut. 
If we play like we can we will win, if we play shite we'll still win. I couldn't even tell you who plays for them but they'll be shite if they regard Ryan Dow as a "star".
Was going to buy you a pint tae.

43 minutes ago, The Marly said:
1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Was going to buy you a pint tae.

As nice as that sounds, no even that could make me venture into that shitehole. 

2 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

I've seen some positivity from the Dunfermline Athletic fanbase in regards to the draw. I'm not entirely sure what their thought process is. I don't think it could get much worse for them. I'd certainly expect us to beat any of the quarter-final teams pretty comfortably with the possible exception of Rangers.

Drawing anyone other than Rangers or Hibs is a winnable tie for most clubs, especially us, at this stage. I doubt any Pars fans think we're favourites here, but we certainly have a chance.

2 hours ago, smpar said:

Drawing anyone other than Rangers or Hibs is a winnable tie for most clubs, especially us, at this stage. I doubt any Pars fans think we're favourites here, but we certainly have a chance.

I mean, we were unlucky to draw with Hibs at Easter Road just a few days ago.

They're the most over rated team in Scotland. 

I mean, we were unlucky to draw with Hibs at Easter Road just a few days ago.
They're the most over rated team in Scotland. 

You’re literally ten points behind them.

7 minutes ago, smpar said:

You’re literally ten points behind them.

Aye, because we spent the first two months of the season giving every other club a head start. 

Tbf, and this sound worse than I mean it, our own performance is likely to be what beats us here. We've spent all season struggling to create chances, and then convert them. Some progression to the mean in the past few weeks, but there's always the chance we spend a whole game fluffing chances. 

If Dunfermline sit in and play for set pieces, I can easily see us losing this.

6 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Agreed. Grant228 to be left sobbing into his Aaron "Fabio Cannavaro" Comrie bedsheets. 

FTFY.