Thistle vs Dumbarton - December 5th

Just now, FifeSons said:

That’s what I liked about Ian Murray, didn’t give any big teams too much respect and actually made us believe we could beat him.

(Until his last season and that went completely out the window)

I liked Ian Murray. Right up to the point where he left us. His behaviour when St Mirren's vacancy became available was dishonest.

Just now, BallochSonsFan said:

I liked Ian Murray. Right up to the point where he left us. His behaviour when St Mirren's vacancy became available was dishonest.

He had enough credit in the bank to drive off into the sunset wearing a Bankies shirt for all I cared.

3 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

He had enough credit in the bank to drive off into the sunset wearing a Bankies shirt for all I cared.

Thats the annoying thing. He did have the credit and would have gone with the club's best wishes if he'd been honest from the start and told us that he wanted to apply for the St Mirren job. He told the club that he wasn't interested. He told the club that his agent was going to put his name in the hat, but he wasnt really that interested. St Mirren then approached us as a courtesy to ask for permission to talk to him as he was very interest in the job and they were interested in appointing him.

He'd have been given permission to speak to St Mirren anyway. It was just a really poor way for Murray to go about things.

Just now, O'Kelly Isley III said:
4 minutes ago, FraserDFC said:
Baffling how jones is starting over both Wilson and Johnstone. He really isn’t good enough. Offers absolutely nothing.

Wilson maybe, but has Johnstone touched the ball yet this season ?

He missed a few good chances against Peterhead and Falkirk, IIRC.

3 minutes ago, FraserDFC said:

To be fair whenever he’s been involved his movement, first touch and link up play has been decent at times. More than Jones offers imo.

Have to disagree. Jones looks clumsy and out of his depth but at times his touch is sublime and he plays decent passes. I'm sure he assisted Hamilton's goal vs Clyde in the cup with decent play and also scored that day - something we've yet to see DJ do.

2 minutes ago, GordyBrow said:

Does this commentator think anything in the box is a penalty? That’s twice now.

Was thinking that. There was zero contact but apparently (even with the replay) was a definite penalty. To be fair, he later said he would side with the ref but didn't admit there wasn't actually any contact.

27 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I think the commentators have been pretty good, despite the guys fast paced style.

He’s had some funny moments. Highlights for me:

“every other game is 0-0” then proceeds to read out the scores anyway

and

“Graham is offside but puts it in to the open n... oh”.