Thistle vs Dumbarton - December 5th

Two league wins on the bounce and three clean sheets in a row, hopefully we have started to go on a run of form. Winning our home games is crucial this season so three points is a must. 
I don’t know much about Dumbarton’s squad this season, but they are only three points below us so I expect a tricky game. 

39 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Feels like our last competitive game with Thistle was a very, very long time ago. You guys celebrating promotion and us survival in the First Division. The glory days.

The best 0-0 I've ever attended. What a day.

Would take another 0-0 here but it all depends on who is fit and available. We seemed to be getting folk back from injuries a week or so ago then had a few go off against Falkirk, hopefully nothing serious.

Next 3 games are very difficult for us so we need to pick up some unexpected points, any sort of result here would hopefully give us confidence going into some crucial home games.

Feels like our last competitive game with Thistle was a very, very long time ago. You guys celebrating promotion and us survival in the First Division. The glory days.
I thoroughly enjoyed that day. Both sets of supporters in party mood and then the poty do that night when Ian Murray made the speech in Boghead Ranter's signature on here. I'm not sure what I'd have thought if someone had told me that day that our next match would be in league one behind closed doors in the middle of a pandemic but here we are.

What a day that was. I can’t remember too much about the game as I was blootered in Dumbarton’s excellent hospitality, but apparently it was turgid. And nobody gave a f**k. Great stuff.

Edited by Nightmare

4 hours ago, microdave said:

I thoroughly enjoyed that day. Both sets of supporters in party mood and then the poty do that night when Ian Murray made the speech in Boghead Ranter's signature on here. I'm not sure what I'd have thought if someone had told me that day that our next match would be in league one behind closed doors in the middle of a pandemic but here we are.

Nothing to say about the game, just posting in case anyone wants to read the Ian Murray quote @microdave refers to.

And no, it's nothing to do with waving at fans.

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

McGeever, Reilly and Smith all out. Will we ever have a fully fit squad again?

What will come first. A goal or a fully fit squad?

Anyway, I found out on Thursday that I'm on an emergency loan covering Motherwell tomorrow, so that's a good omen for Sons given the last game I missed was the win against Clyde.

Partick Thistle 0-3 Sons and plenty of champagne football imminent. I'll then return for our 0-4 defeat to Cove next weekend.

52 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I wish this was true.

Haha might be being a bit generous but from what I saw versus Airdrie and up at Forfar you make life difficult for teams with the two banks of four and general well-drilled system. Can't be too displeased with your start given lack of resources surely?

With us coming off the back of two league wins, unbeaten at home and Dumbarton struggling recently it's definitely the kind of game that gets my hopes up. Although usually when this happens we absolutely f**k it. So can see a score draw coming. Hoping I'm wrong. 

2 minutes ago, thistledo said:

With us coming off the back of two league wins, unbeaten at home and Dumbarton struggling recently it's definitely the kind of game that gets my hopes up. Although usually when this happens we absolutely f**k it. So can see a score draw coming. Hoping I'm wrong. 

I think we’ll be entirely unconvincing but win 1-0. Basically the same as last week.

Is anyone back from injury yet or will it be another only naming 3 subs effort? 

16 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I think we’ll be entirely unconvincing but win 1-0. Basically the same as last week. 

Hard to argue with this assessment. I don't think there has been a particular increase in performance levels but the forced deployment of Penrice on the left in front of Foster and Williamson on the right has made us look more solid in the last two games.

Sena has shown he can be a good player at this level.

If Jim goes for a narrow 4-4-2 and we can get our noses in front I'd fancy a 1-0 or 2-0 Thistle win. 

We are pretty solid especially with Murdoch and Bannigan giving steady performances in midfield. 

I'm hoping that base can allow the team to get forward a bit more in the final third and Penrice and Williamson can create more chances for Graham and whoever is playing in behind.

Anything less than 3 points would be disappointing but we're past masters at disappointment...

1 hour ago, sarti pooh said:

We'll need to score at least 2 to win today given there will be an obligatory Joe Cardle goal against us at some point.

Do we have two goals in us at the moment?

Given we've scored 4 goals in our previous 6 games, no.

EDIT - Two of those goals in one game too. We really are in bother this season.

Edited by The Moonster

15 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’ll be tuning in today but I can’t say I’m confident in the slightest. I just hope we try to play football a wee bit, I’m not sure I’ll last the 90 if our game plan involves our two centre back just blootering the ball to anyone.

I'm hoping Hamilton goes in at centre half for McGeever today and plays a bit of football instead. He definitely has the ability for it.

Just need big Nat to show for it and we'll tick along nicely.

Only if Duff let's them play that way right enough.