ilostmyself

Falkirk v Peterhead - 05/12/20

Thought we were really good first 50ish minutes. Telfer Sammon & Mercer all played really well. Credit to Phead changed formation and we toiled more. However if we keep playing like this, someone’s going to get a doing. Special mention to Sammon, he’s had it big from most of us, today he played really well. 

3 minutes ago, ka202 said:

How that wasn’t a red I’ll never know, the ball was miles away, scythed him down studs up.

McCarthy took a cheap shot thinking the ref had stopped the game when he fell down. Fucking coward.

That looks a whole lot better. 

Was it only 3 weeks ago we were 4 points behind Cove? Now 4 points clear.

I’ll take that....

Mccarthy constantly made fouls throughout that game. Reminded me a bit of Darian Mackinnon in that he's only in there to break things up. Ref finally game him a card and after that he was never seen again. Should have won that game 4 or 5 nil but we made things difficult by not taking out chances in the second half. 

22 minutes ago, superandy_07 said:

Are we still wanting M&M out? 

Were we ever?  I’ve not been a regular on here of late so I haven’t seen any stick they may have been getting.  I can’t think where they’ve done much wrong.

This league is ours to lose now.

The next three matches could see us in a very commanding position (or right back in the pack!) .

Our biggest problem seems to be the amount of chances that we are passing up, let’s hope we sort that out ASAP and give someone a right gubbing.

28 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Were we ever?  I’ve not been a regular on here of late so I haven’t seen any stick they may have been getting.  I can’t think where they’ve done much wrong.

They've not done anything wrong mate, apart from not winning every game by three or four (at least!)

Great to see Dixon go off the park pissed off, we made hard work of that in the end but said way back I'd take 1-0 victories every week to get out of here.

Looked a real sore one for Telfer and in either top leagues Scotland or England would've likely seen red because letter of the law says it is a red.

We need to work on offside for sure and composure with finishing, a good few times there was plenty time for a touch that would've set up the finish.

Still job done 

30 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Great to see Dixon go off the park pissed off, we made hard work of that in the end but said way back I'd take 1-0 victories every week to get out of here.

Looked a real sore one for Telfer and in either top leagues Scotland or England would've likely seen red because letter of the law says it is a red.

We need to work on offside for sure and composure with finishing, a good few times there was plenty time for a touch that would've set up the finish.

Still job done 

There were a few wrong options taken too when, with the correct pass, we would probably have scored. Sammon should have laid the ball off to Morrison instead of shooting in the 2nd half and, ironically, should have done the same thing with his goal! 😆My internet was fucked so I missed the fist half hour but, from comments on here, it looks like Dowds did the same thing a few times?

26 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

There were a few wrong options taken too when, with the correct pass, we would probably have scored. Sammon should have laid the ball off to Morrison instead of shooting in the 2nd half and, ironically, should have done the same thing with his goal! 😆My internet was fucked so I missed the fist half hour but, from comments on here, it looks like Dowds did the same thing a few times?

Yes, similar to Sammon but the positives to take is that we’re creating really good opportunities and just missing the correct final ball, or the extra touch we seem to take. Dowds must have hit the woodwork about 6/7 times now and for me when we do click, someone will end up with a sore one. 

2 hours ago, superandy_07 said:

Are we still wanting M&M out? 

Settle down, they’ve achieved nothing yet. You or I could have Falkirk top of this Boys Brigade league ffs! Let’s just quietly go about our business and do what we failed to do last season - win the league. Then we’ll have a far better idea if M&M are cut out for this gig.

Settle down, they’ve achieved nothing yet. You or I could have Falkirk top of this Boys Brigade league ffs! Let’s just quietly go about our business and do what we failed to do last season - win the league. Then we’ll have a far better idea if M&M are cut out for this gig.

Except as one of our prime boo boys you weren’t too quiet on here when we trailed Cove.....

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

They've not done anything wrong mate, apart from not winning every game by three or four (at least!)

They’ve had a fair few draws against utter dross to be fair. Let’s hope that’s behind them though. No excuses now. This squad should win the league at a canter.