Falkirk v Peterhead - 05/12/20

8 hours ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

I want the current managers gone because I think they are thick.

I was told by a famous and successful  football manager, selecting a manager is easy. If you can see them managing in a business other than football, they should be employed. 

Can you see a Herbal life pyramid merchant and a guy  with sleeve tattoos in a 50k a year jobs outside football? I can’t 

you could see Jim Jefferies, Peter Houston or Alex Totten managing a haulage firm or something like that - these two not a chance .

Jack Dorsey has a tattoo the length of his arm and it’s not held him back chief.

Its not the 1980’s anymore.

4 hours ago, MSG GTF! said:

You’ve got your opinion and I’ve got mine. I know what I was watching and he downed tools. The heartless defeats at East End Park (where he got himself sent off 15mins after coming onto the park) and Tannadice stick in my mind. Plenty of other appearances where his lack of effort for a Club so “close to his heart” was blatant. 

He was given a chance by Falkirk to start a career in management that no other club would’ve offered him. He was never going to turn that opportunity down in favour of a season warming the Livingston bench. If he and McCracken knuckle down and achieve what is expected of them this season then that’s all that matters, but count me out of all the hero worshiping p!sh that massages his ego over on social media.

As you say you have your opinion....generally doom n gloom and using out of date sweetex to sugar it occasionally.

The down tools was the opinion of Hartley and helped him move players he didn't want and sheep bought into it. I could be critical of two players who left in that period but that wasn't for downing tools, they didn't have the heart for it in the first place.

Miller had been coaching for a good few years now and probably would've got a coaching gig somewhere, but to rip up a contract at Livvy for a gig that could've lasted days or weeks and hampered his chance of future management jobs if it went tits up, really tells you all you need to know. McCracken had the safety net of Peterhead to go back to tho.

I don't think we are hero worshipping anyone, it's all the very same for any manager for fans being fickle even when it's going well.

8 hours ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

It is a bit random, but I was thinking of a managerial position where you wouldn’t need professional qualifications or a degree.

You couldn’t see Jack Ross  in a decent job outside of football? 

How many exe company managers and execs have we had on our bod and none of them could run a bath.

6 hours ago, MrDust said:

As you say you have your opinion....generally doom n gloom and using out of date sweetex to sugar it occasionally.

The down tools was the opinion of Hartley and helped him move players he didn't want and sheep bought into it. I could be critical of two players who left in that period but that wasn't for downing tools, they didn't have the heart for it in the first place.

Miller had been coaching for a good few years now and probably would've got a coaching gig somewhere, but to rip up a contract at Livvy for a gig that could've lasted days or weeks and hampered his chance of future management jobs if it went tits up, really tells you all you need to know. McCracken had the safety net of Peterhead to go back to tho.

I don't think we are hero worshipping anyone, it's all the very same for any manager for fans being fickle even when it's going well.

Apologies for being so doom and gloom. I must’ve missed the part where being a  Falkirk fan has been so enjoyable lately. All the sweetex in the world couldn’t sugar coat the p!sh we’ve had to endure over the past few years.

I can assure you my mind (and that of others) was firmly made up well before Hartley came in. His actions just reaffirmed our opinions.

I don’t think Miller was alone in chucking it, but whether I call it downing tools, or you call it not having the heart, or someone else calls it being unable to lift themselves, it’s all one and the same. Unfortunately the only ones who really suffered was the fans.