Falkirk v Peterhead - 05/12/20

You were doing well till the club at heart pish at the end. Of course they have it’s their job. Make a success of it and a bigger job comes along they will be gone like all the rest of them before them.

And if that happens I’ll wish them well.
It’ll just reaffirm what a good job they have done at the club.....

42 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Oh I’m certainly not against a negative viewpoint when things are fundamentally wrong.
I reserved my doubts and judgement on both of these charlatans until it became obvious that they were clueless. That’s not the case here, the club is trying to turn the corner and we have young guys in charge that are learning against what I think is the correct longer term strategy. The risk of that, of course, is that it could be a bit of a bumpy ride at times but the longer term reward could be more exciting as they rapidly learn.
When we are doing ok, and challenging at the top of the table with a long time to go, calling for the head of a young management team that have the club at heart is wrong imo.....

Perhaps over a decade of gross mismanagement and incompetence has turned me into a pessimistic pr!ck, but I’m still far from convinced the Club has turned the corner yet. Still a lot of people involved that I don’t trust. Hopefully if Rawlins ever comes in, he sees through the agendas and can get the Club moving in the right direction.

Agree with BPM regarding the patronising Club at heart nonsense. Miller couldn’t get out quick enough first time around and only returned when he was almost done as a player. He was one of a few who downed tools on Houstie and Hartley but sparked into life the day he joined Livingston. I won’t forgive or forget that.

Perhaps over a decade of gross mismanagement and incompetence has turned me into a pessimistic pr!ck, but I’m still far from convinced the Club has turned the corner yet. Still a lot of people involved that I don’t trust. Hopefully if Rawlins ever comes in, he sees through the agendas and can get the Club moving in the right direction. Agree with BPM regarding the patronising Club at heart nonsense. Miller couldn’t get out quick enough first time around and only returned when he was almost done as a player. He was one of a few who downed tools on Houstie and Hartley but sparked into life the day he joined Livingston. I won’t forgive or forget that.

You truly are a miserable bugger! [emoji16]

We are starting to turn the upward corner of a deep trough imo, so of course things are not all rosy.

However we can’t really ask much more that to be 4 clear of the field at this point so why the constant negativity?

As for the stuff around Houstie’s relationship with the players? I’ve absolutely no idea what happened behind the scenes there nor do I have anything that I can use to point a finger at Miller in particular for not trying. I just think that the team had reached its end after the phenomenal effort the seasons before and could not find the same level of motivation to rise to the same level again....

9 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

You truly are a miserable bugger! emoji16.png

We are starting to turn the upward corner of a deep trough imo, so of course things are not all rosy.

However we can’t really ask much more that to be 4 clear of the field at this point so why the constant negativity?

As for the stuff around Houstie’s relationship with the players? I’ve absolutely no idea what happened behind the scenes there nor do I have anything that I can use to point a finger at Miller in particular for not trying. I just think that the team had reached its end after the phenomenal effort the seasons before and could not find the same level of motivation to rise to the same level again...

As I’ve already said, I won’t apologise for wanting the Club to be the best it can be.  Those running the Club have made me beyond fkn miserable, so that’s on them. Let’s just wait and see if things pan out as we hope/expect behind the scenes and then the negativity can turn to positivity. We’ve been let down far too often to get over confident.

As for on the park, I agree things couldn’t have panned out much better so far.  

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

You were doing well till the club at heart pish at the end. Of course they have it’s their job. Make a success of it and a bigger job comes along they will be gone like all the rest of them before them.

It won't happen this season for sure, this league tells you very little about players or managers true ability.

League 3 is a graveyard

2 hours ago, MSG GTF! said:

Agree with BPM regarding the patronising Club at heart nonsense. Miller couldn’t get out quick enough first time around and only returned when he was almost done as a player. He was one of a few who downed tools on Houstie and Hartley but sparked into life the day he joined Livingston. I won’t forgive or forget that.

Miller never downed tools under Houston or Hartley. I take it you were not at his last game for Falkirk at Livvy pre going to Livvy, he was our MOM that night and probably got him a move to Livvy that night.

He downed tools to get away first time, probably multiplied his wages by 4 or 5+ and being 19/20, he won't be the first or last player to have his head turned by money from via an agent. 

Miller also came to Falkirk as manager with no safety net, tore up his Livvy contract for a job that could've lasted days/weeks and no guarantee to last months.

We have done f**k all so far but last season we were almost out the top 4 under McKinnon at the start of the season, it's foundations to build on is all it is now.

I want the current managers gone because I think they are thick.

I was told by a famous and successful  football manager, selecting a manager is easy. If you can see them managing in a business other than football, they should be employed. 

Can you see a Herbal life pyramid merchant and a guy  with sleeve tattoos in a 50k a year jobs outside football? I can’t 

you could see Jim Jefferies, Peter Houston or Alex Totten managing a haulage firm or something like that - these two not a chance .

18 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

I was told by a famous and successful  football manager, selecting a manager is easy. If you can see them managing in a business other than football, they should be employed. 

Can you see a Herbal life pyramid merchant and a guy  with sleeve tattoos in a 50k a year jobs outside football? I can’t 

you could see Jim Jefferies, Peter Houston or Alex Totten managing a haulage firm or something like that - these two not a chance .

Who was the famous successful manager ?

I'd struggle to find many meeting that criteria from the 42 managed clubs in Scotland tbh and a haulage firm is a bit random.

48 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Had a wee drink?

3 hours ago, MrDust said:

Who was the famous successful manager ?

I'd struggle to find many meeting that criteria from the 42 managed clubs in Scotland tbh and a haulage firm is a bit random.

It is a bit random, but I was thinking of a managerial position where you wouldn’t need professional qualifications or a degree.

You couldn’t see Jack Ross  in a decent job outside of football? 

Edited by Andreas Kelevra

6 hours ago, MrDust said:

Miller never downed tools under Houston or Hartley. I take it you were not at his last game for Falkirk at Livvy pre going to Livvy, he was our MOM that night and probably got him a move to Livvy that night.

You’ve got your opinion and I’ve got mine. I know what I was watching and he downed tools. The heartless defeats at East End Park (where he got himself sent off 15mins after coming onto the park) and Tannadice stick in my mind. Plenty of other appearances where his lack of effort for a Club so “close to his heart” was blatant. 

He was given a chance by Falkirk to start a career in management that no other club would’ve offered him. He was never going to turn that opportunity down in favour of a season warming the Livingston bench. If he and McCracken knuckle down and achieve what is expected of them this season then that’s all that matters, but count me out of all the hero worshiping p!sh that massages his ego over on social media.

Sometimes this forum reaches new levels of bizarreness....

7 hours ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Some folk aren't qualified to post on a football forum. 

8 hours ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

4F3B8277-EB1C-4315-B34D-9271785352C9.gif.897e10f9f81ad5b555ed3a96b30f595a.gif.ae05ca657a28085b1410caea61df2bd1.gif

4 hours ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

It is a bit random, but I was thinking of a managerial position where you wouldn’t need professional qualifications or a degree.

You couldn’t see Jack Ross  in a decent job outside of football?

Football managers do need professional qualifications to get anywhere.