Falkirk v Peterhead - 05/12/20

22 minutes ago, superandy_07 said:

Are we still wanting M&M out? 

Were we ever?  I’ve not been a regular on here of late so I haven’t seen any stick they may have been getting.  I can’t think where they’ve done much wrong.

This league is ours to lose now.

The next three matches could see us in a very commanding position (or right back in the pack!) .

Our biggest problem seems to be the amount of chances that we are passing up, let’s hope we sort that out ASAP and give someone a right gubbing.

28 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Were we ever?  I’ve not been a regular on here of late so I haven’t seen any stick they may have been getting.  I can’t think where they’ve done much wrong.

They've not done anything wrong mate, apart from not winning every game by three or four (at least!)

Great to see Dixon go off the park pissed off, we made hard work of that in the end but said way back I'd take 1-0 victories every week to get out of here.

Looked a real sore one for Telfer and in either top leagues Scotland or England would've likely seen red because letter of the law says it is a red.

We need to work on offside for sure and composure with finishing, a good few times there was plenty time for a touch that would've set up the finish.

Still job done 

30 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Great to see Dixon go off the park pissed off, we made hard work of that in the end but said way back I'd take 1-0 victories every week to get out of here.

Looked a real sore one for Telfer and in either top leagues Scotland or England would've likely seen red because letter of the law says it is a red.

We need to work on offside for sure and composure with finishing, a good few times there was plenty time for a touch that would've set up the finish.

Still job done 

There were a few wrong options taken too when, with the correct pass, we would probably have scored. Sammon should have laid the ball off to Morrison instead of shooting in the 2nd half and, ironically, should have done the same thing with his goal! 😆My internet was fucked so I missed the fist half hour but, from comments on here, it looks like Dowds did the same thing a few times?

2 hours ago, superandy_07 said:

Are we still wanting M&M out? 

Settle down, they’ve achieved nothing yet. You or I could have Falkirk top of this Boys Brigade league ffs! Let’s just quietly go about our business and do what we failed to do last season - win the league. Then we’ll have a far better idea if M&M are cut out for this gig.

Settle down, they’ve achieved nothing yet. You or I could have Falkirk top of this Boys Brigade league ffs! Let’s just quietly go about our business and do what we failed to do last season - win the league. Then we’ll have a far better idea if M&M are cut out for this gig.

Except as one of our prime boo boys you weren’t too quiet on here when we trailed Cove.....

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

They've not done anything wrong mate, apart from not winning every game by three or four (at least!)

They’ve had a fair few draws against utter dross to be fair. Let’s hope that’s behind them though. No excuses now. This squad should win the league at a canter.

They’ve had a fair few draws against utter dross to be fair. Let’s hope that’s behind them though. No excuses now. This squad should win the league at a canter.

Had they not shit in the nest at Kirkcaldy last year and had a go we would have been in the Championship.

However they are starting to produce the goods. Four points clear is a strong place now. Win the next two and the Boxing Day game v Partick could really have us in the driving seat

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Except as one of our prime boo boys you weren’t too quiet on here when we trailed Cove.....

I just want to see the Club back where it belongs. If refusing to accept mediocrity makes me a boo boy, then I’m absolutely fine with that.

I just want to see the Club back where it belongs. If refusing to accept mediocrity makes me a boo boy, then I’m absolutely fine with that.

Here’s a novel idea. Get behind the team and the coaches and don’t look for their head every time we have the occasional poor result.
We won’t win every game.
As long as we continue to pick up more than the rest we will be fine, and currently we are in a place that every other club in the division can only dream of....

7 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Here’s a novel idea. Get behind the team and the coaches and don’t look for their head every time we have the occasional poor result.
We won’t win every game.
As long as we continue to pick up more than the rest we will be fine, and currently we are in a place that every other club in the division can only dream of....

Did you apply that same thought process when Hartley and McKinnon were in charge?

Until the late equaliser at Firhill, M&M had done nothing to convince me they deserved to be in the job. They certainly appear to have turned a corner though so long may they continue to prove me wrong. Still think we have a long, long way to go (both on and off the pitch) before we’ll see the Club back at the level it should be.

Did you apply that same thought process when Hartley and McKinnon were in charge?
Until the late equaliser at Firhill, M&M had done nothing to convince me they deserved to be in the job. They certainly appear to have turned a corner though so long may they continue to prove me wrong. Still think we have a long, long way to go (both on and off the pitch) before we’ll see the Club back at the level it should be.

Oh I’m certainly not against a negative viewpoint when things are fundamentally wrong.
I reserved my doubts and judgement on both of these charlatans until it became obvious that they were clueless. That’s not the case here, the club is trying to turn the corner and we have young guys in charge that are learning against what I think is the correct longer term strategy. The risk of that, of course, is that it could be a bit of a bumpy ride at times but the longer term reward could be more exciting as they rapidly learn.
When we are doing ok, and challenging at the top of the table with a long time to go, calling for the head of a young management team that have the club at heart is wrong imo.....

Oh I’m certainly not against a negative viewpoint when things are fundamentally wrong.
I reserved my doubts and judgement on both of these charlatans until it became obvious that they were clueless. That’s not the case here, the club is trying to turn the corner and we have young guys in charge that are learning against what I think is the correct longer term strategy. The risk of that, of course, is that it could be a bit of a bumpy ride at times but the longer term reward could be more exciting as they rapidly learn.
When we are doing ok, and challenging at the top of the table with a long time to go, calling for the head of a young management team that have the club at heart is wrong imo.....

You were doing well till the club at heart pish at the end. Of course they have it’s their job. Make a success of it and a bigger job comes along they will be gone like all the rest of them before them.