Falkirk v Peterhead - 05/12/20

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Dowds is a better creater than finisher as we saw against cove  and Francis is completely the opposite. Sammon needs to be used in the right way to get the best out of him and sometimes that has been the main issue. Dowds and sammon for me today.

I dont think we can put Francis into any category at the moment obviously is a WIP

One minute he can look like a finisher or creator and the next minute looks like he has never seen a football. He may end up our Gregory Tade but he isnt starting for a reason, good sub to have tho but wont get on afore Miller if it matters.

Sammon has improved but I dont think he is the striker we need, his strength has been counter attack football looking to run on the ball over the top or played in running to goal, he has shown flashes of that but he is winding down his career now and will end up at a cash rich junior team either January or next season.

I think the only general opinion shared today is we all hope Durnan is back on the bench today

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Snobby? If that is a way to describe that I think people are talking shite, snobby it is.

As I have already said why anyone would change anything after our last two league performances is basically daft IMO of course

Personally I’d swap Connolly in for Leitch for a home game vs Peterhead.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Dowds is a better creater than finisher as we saw against cove  and Francis is completely the opposite. Sammon needs to be used in the right way to get the best out of him and sometimes that has been the main issue. Dowds and sammon for me today.

I agree that Dowds is a better creator so would start him. Personally would start Francis ahead of Sammon as although he does sometimes go missing, I think he’s far more likely to score than Sammon is. 

4 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

You can't sneer at people for talking about the team they'd pick and then go on to say who you'd play.

Don't see any problem with BPM's point, just stating the obvious facts that we are undefeated in the league with a tried and tested system, which shows there absolutely zero reason to change players and formations of recent games if it's working, unless they are forced of course. In the same breath however, it does make for some interesting reading some of these formations and tactics others would like to see, I've done it myself. 

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Sneer?

Na just shows how many are addicted to FIFA.

Why anyone would change what is working is beyond me.

I think there is a debate to be had about how well it is working and in what respects. We are winning games with the 4-4-2 but we retained possession much better against Rangers with the extra body in midfield. It's fair to ask if we could take that into league games and be even more effective. We are weaker up front than we are in midfield, getting more goals from that area of the park and it should let us have a bit more of the ball.

Pros and cons to both approaches. Maybe I'm playing too much FIFA or maybe I'm watching us week to week.

Someone has made a bit of a mess of the FTV graphics

129607926_5119460301397375_3375697794301

Assuming Telfer is starting on the left, good chance for him to show what he can do today after a very stop-start Falkirk career so far 

Mutch and Miller still self-isolating 

Hopefully Leitch can get a shot on the right at some point from the bench, along with more minutes for Connolly 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

1 minute ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Someone has made a bit of a mess of the FTV graphics

129607926_5119460301397375_3375697794301

Assuming Telfer is starting on the left, good chance for him to show what he can do today after a very stop-start Falkirk career so far 

Charlie Telfer is never, ever, in million years a wide player. He's a 10. End of.

3 hours ago, ThroughtheTurnstiles said:

Aye thought Morrison was a real coup for East Fife when they had him on loan last season. Could definitely play at higher level, as could a few of your boys though. Another test for you today against the Mo who we know are aggressive, how have Cove been mixing it physically this season? 

I think it's very unfair if we're made to play Montrose as well as Peterhead TBH.

3 hours ago, ThroughtheTurnstiles said:

Aye thought Morrison was a real coup for East Fife when they had him on loan last season. Could definitely play at higher level, as could a few of your boys though. Another test for you today against the Mo who we know are aggressive, how have Cove been mixing it physically this season? 

East Fife and Jack Hamilton could be done with Morrison that's for sure. 

Mitch, Fyvie, Harry Milne, Blair Yule are definitely capable of playing at a higher level.

Cove have physicality in their squad so should be able to cope with that threat. 

No Mitch today which is a huge loss. He really gives us legs up top and creativity. Worry about McAllister as a lone striker.

2 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

East Fife and Jack Hamilton could be done with Morrison that's for sure. 

Mitch, Fyvie, Harry Milne, Blair Yule are definitely capable of playing at a higher level.

Cove have physicality in their squad so should be able to cope with that threat. 

No Mitch today which is a huge loss. He really gives us legs up top and creativity. Worry about McAllister as a lone striker.

Aye McAllister looked finished last season and again last week . I was shocked when cove actually spent cash to take him from Peterhead. Used to put us to the sword but is a poor shadow of his former self.