Falkirk v Peterhead - 05/12/20

They played 3 at that back that season which was more the feature for me, I cant fully recall the attacking option but I know it wasnt 1 up top as we know it at lower league level
Doolan wasnt even their top goalscorer and he wasnt even 2nd top scorer
Partick Thistle played with a 4-2-3-1 for the vast majority of their title winning season. This isn't up for debate. They changed it to 3 after they got promoted

The fact you're saying 'as we know it' basically acknowledges that 1 up top can be both attacking or defensive depending on the tactics, as can literally any other formation

8 hours ago, ThroughtheTurnstiles said:

Peterhead pulled off a few decent results this season, but will this be too much of an ask against a Falkirk side who are starting to motor... 

I was impressed with Falkirk especially in the second half when they played us. Morrison has got to be one of the best players in the league. Lots of attacking threat and strength in depth too.

6 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Have you watched any Falkirk games this season? He's streets ahead of Dowds and particularly Francis based on the last 6 weeks or so.

Would personally rather have Dowds starting than Sammon but each to their own. 

2 hours ago, Nedelko said:

Partick Thistle played with a 4-2-3-1 for the vast majority of their title winning season. This isn't up for debate. They changed it to 3 after they got promoted

The fact you're saying 'as we know it' basically acknowledges that 1 up top can be both attacking or defensive depending on the tactics, as can literally any other formation

I also said way back at the start that if you have the personnel its possible for it to be attacking but the general norm is defensive turgid shite playing percentage games hoofing it to the isolated striker. Please watch the majority of teams that comes to the TFS this season for examples and the history of us from around the 8yrs ago of the Partick Thistle team especially with the Elvis fist pumping an away draw, Houston also tried it and McKinnon mastered it

I am sure M&M will be looking over their shoulder at the array of tactical geniuses on this thread.

Just play the formation that beat Cove and Dumbarton and win and move on.

Bring in Connelly for Leitch and Mercer at RB if fit or Todd if he isn’t and get Durnan out the way.

19 hours ago, ThroughtheTurnstiles said:

Peterhead pulled off a few decent results this season, but will this be too much of an ask against a Falkirk side who are starting to motor... 

Ah kinda think the guy on the left kinda needs to kinda learn some new kinda words and expressions.

Kinda.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am sure M&M will be looking over their shoulder at the array of tactical geniuses on this thread.

Bring in Connelly for Leitch and Mercer at RB if fit or Todd if he isn’t and get Durnan out the way.

You can't sneer at people for talking about the team they'd pick and then go on to say who you'd play.

Bit late to the party but this discussion seems to come up at least once a season with certain posters greeting whenever we play 1 up front. It’s the same at the game when you get some auld c***s having a proper moan that we’re going defensive with one up front. Of course that’s absolute nonsense however.

If we were to go 1 up top then I’d be telling our wingers to stay high as well and don’t come back. We’d need to rely on our defence and midfield being able to cope but would allow us to attack as soon as we get the ball back. I know it won’t happen but I’d like to see BSLM being the man up top in that kind of formation. His lack of movement wouldn’t be an issue with the 2 wide men around him and midfielders running from deep and his hold up and link play is by a long distance the best with the strikers we’ve got.

Anyone know how fit Mercer is? Surely he’s got to be fit enough to come in to get that diddy Durnan back on the bench. If not and bit of a weird shout but I wording be against trying to convert Leitch into a kind of makeshift attacking full-back.

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

One of the main points of the forum is for fans to discuss various opinions on the team.

No need to be so snobby about it mate.

12 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Have you watched any Falkirk games this season? He's streets ahead of Dowds and particularly Francis based on the last 6 weeks or so.

Dowds is a better creater than finisher as we saw against cove  and Francis is completely the opposite. Sammon needs to be used in the right way to get the best out of him and sometimes that has been the main issue. Dowds and sammon for me today.

Dowds is a better creater than finisher as we saw against cove  and Francis is completely the opposite. Sammon needs to be used in the right way to get the best out of him and sometimes that has been the main issue. Dowds and sammon for me today.

So play two upfront, both can create chances, but neither of whom are good finishers?…

You can't sneer at people for talking about the team they'd pick and then go on to say who you'd play.

Sneer?

Na just shows how many are addicted to FIFA.

Why anyone would change what is working is beyond me.

13 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I was impressed with Falkirk especially in the second half when they played us. Morrison has got to be one of the best players in the league. Lots of attacking threat and strength in depth too.

Aye thought Morrison was a real coup for East Fife when they had him on loan last season. Could definitely play at higher level, as could a few of your boys though. Another test for you today against the Mo who we know are aggressive, how have Cove been mixing it physically this season? 

One of the main points of the forum is for fans to discuss various opinions on the team.
No need to be so snobby about it mate.

Snobby? If that is a way to describe that I think people are talking shite, snobby it is.

As I have already said why anyone would change anything after our last two league performances is basically daft IMO of course

13 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Snobby? If that is a way to describe that I think people are talking shite, snobby it is.

As I have already said why anyone would change anything after our last two league performances is basically daft IMO of course

I agree the only change required is at right back and the left side. I like leitch but he's not suited to the left.  Good option off the bench.