Rate the Managers

We played in the Europa League m8.
The "qualifying" part of that is simply to qualify for the group stage. We qualified for the tournament via the league.
From the UEFA website.
Screenshot_20201202-200228_Chrome.thumb.jpg.074f05e3b433b099117222df48861e8d.jpg
There's also an UEFA article that explicitly states we played in the Europa League.
Genuinely mind blowing how many people don't understand such a simple thing.
He's a ***. They don't understand what liquidation means either.

It's hard to put a measure on "the best" manager in the Premiership but how many right now are likely to move on to a "bigger club" based on current performance and reputation.  I would argue that only Gerrard which would be based partly on performance at Rangers but mostly on reputation.  I think it's fair to say that if an English Championship team hired any of the other 10 you would be surprised.  

20 minutes ago, PSJSaint said:

It's hard to put a measure on "the best" manager in the Premiership but how many right now are likely to move on to a "bigger club" based on current performance and reputation.  I would argue that only Gerrard which would be based partly on performance at Rangers but mostly on reputation.  I think it's fair to say that if an English Championship team hired any of the other 10 you would be surprised.  

Give it a couple of years and Davidson will be managing a decent sized English club. Bookmark it.

36 minutes ago, PSJSaint said:

I mean, Robinson played over 200 games for both Bournemouth and Luton along with a spell at Preston. By all accounts Bournemouth fans were at least open to the idea of him taking over when Howe left during the summer.

In honesty I wouldn't be surprised if he pitched up at any of those 3 Championship clubs as a managerial hire at some point in the future.

Also, as @tree house tam says I can easily see a Championship club taking a punt on Davidson given his history at that level (providing he does a halfway decent job at Saints).

Edited by capt_oats

4 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I mean, Robinson played over 200 games for both Bournemouth and Luton along with a spell at Preston. By all accounts Bournemouth fans were at least open to the idea of him taking over when Howe left during the summer.

In honesty I wouldn't be surprised if he pitched up at any of those 3 Championship clubs as a managerial hire at some point in the future.

Also, as @tree house tam says I can easily see a Championship club taking a punt on Davidson given his history at that level (providing he does a halfway decent job at Saints).

You may well be right, and I hope Davidson does eventually move onwards and to more pay (not necessarily upwards) however the most successful manager in Saints history didn't do enough to gain a move to a "bigger club" so I don't think anything is guaranteed.  

Probably doesn't help their case that a lot of the clubs SPFL manager might have moved to are foreign owned with no real interest in that connection that might have got the likes of Robinson in the door 5-10 years ago.  

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

Dyer is also well known at that level across various clubs as a player and coach, so if he ends up doing reasonably well with us he could definitely end up popping up there.

• 2 weeks later...

Martindale has to be up there, going by what everyone else had said he's been managing Livi for years anyway. So that's winning League 1 at a canter, and getting promoted from the Championship despite having one of the smallest budgets in the league. Followed by keeping Livi up, taking us to a top 6 finish whilst along the way remaining undefeated at home vs Celtic for 2 years. Managed to take 6 points off of Celtic and 4 off of Rangers so far as well.