Saint Andrew's Day

Happy St Andrew's Day! Meant to be a national Day of kindness but also a day for getting pished, maybe to 2 things go together. Do you do anything to mark the day?

I made a cake yesterday and handed it in to my 2 elderly neighbours one of whom has had 2 strokes this year and isn't keeping well, today an ambulance was out side, I hope he got to enjoy it before his trip to hospital.

Spoiler

Everyone else who has had the cake has been fine

Spoiler

So far

Edited by 101
Spleing

14 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Religion is w**k. 

Days off work on the other hand. Patron Saints are alright in my book especially the odd ones. Tbh I think we should have more religious days off work to reflect the multi cultural Scotland we now live in. 

4 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Some old greek lad that got nailed to a cross for something? Seems relevant 

He got tied to the cross for basically what the Romans considered "talking shite"

A fisherman killed for talking a lot of pish seems pretty Scottish.

17 minutes ago, 101 said:

Days off work on the other hand. Patron Saints are alright in my book especially the odd ones. Tbh I think we should have more religious days off work to reflect the multi cultural Scotland we now live in. 

I've never had a day off for this, so he can go f**k himself. 

The arse end of November might be the worst possible time to have a national day.

Everyone's focused on Christmas and the weather's shite.

If we switched our saint to Mary Magdalene, we'd get a day off in July and we'd boil a huge amount of piss.

18 minutes ago, G51 said:

The arse end of November might be the worst possible time to have a national day.

Everyone's focused on Christmas and the weather's shite.

If we switched our saint to Mary Magdalene, we'd get a day off in July and we'd boil a huge amount of piss.

Why? A cursory glance at her wiki page shows her being an important symbol for both Catholics and Protestants.

But it would be good to have another day off.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Why? A cursory glance at her wiki page shows her being an important symbol for both Catholics and Protestants.

But it would be good to have another day off.

The Vatican used to portray Mary Magdalene as a sinner and a prostitute.

Happy St Andrew's Day! Meant to be a national Day of kindness but also a day for getting pished, maybe to 2 things go together. Do you do anything to mark the day?
I made a cake yesterday and handed it in to my 2 elderly neighbours one of whom has had 2 strokes this year and isn't keeping well, today an ambulance was out side, I hope he got to enjoy it before his trip to hospital.
Spoiler

Everyone else who has had the cake has been fine
Spoiler

So far

I buy a card and present for Mrs WRK - if I know what's good for me. It's her birthday, and the saints day connection is a handy reminder.

32 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

We can dump it for Independence Day soon.

Aye but lets not have it at the end of November, far better to have something to look forward to in spring / summer months. 

I think that Independence day was scheduled for 24th March last time round - approx. 18 months after the vote.  

1 hour ago, 101 said:

He got tied to the cross for basically what the Romans considered "talking shite"

A fisherman killed for talking a lot of pish seems pretty Scottish.

If he was in anyway a Scottish fisherman it would've been for bringing class A drugs in from his made up fishing trip.