Queen of the South v The Caley

3 hours ago, Flash said:

Think it was shut in a couple of places earlier. Checking google maps, traffic looks to be moving now, but slow. Hopefully will be ok. 

Think there were M74 closures this morning near Lesmahagow and Elvanfoot, but think its open now.  Been about 3" of snow here in South Lanarkshire overnight but its raining now so shouldn't be a problem, although the roads will be a slushy mess.

ICT must be leading in the "Queens are our bitches" stakes? We haven't beat them at Palmerston since 2004* so if they were sending their reserves I still wouldn't be confident of a win.

Hoping for a win but a draw wouldn't be a disaster.

* We weren't in the same league for a few years, but still.

Going to be a fairly strong wind blowing along the pitch towards the uncovered end. Given our almost legendary ability to deal with corners and crosses in general, it could be a fun watch.

A bitter wind blowing in from the North here in Dumfries,  in fact a right driech night.  More the weather for runny  noses than standing cocks as my old Professor used to say. I don't expect to see much silky,  on-the - deck football on display but hats off to any player not wearing gloves or a long sleeved shirt. I can foresee crosses and corners into our box being a problem (again). Flash beat me to that prediction above I see. Come on the South lets get right into The Caley. 

3 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

A bitter wind blowing in from the North here in Dumfries,  in fact a right driech night.  More the weather for runny  noses than standing cocks as my old Professor used to say. I don't expect to see much silky,  on-the - deck football on display but hats off to any player not wearing gloves or a long sleeved shirt. I can foresee crosses and corners into our box being a problem (again). Flash beat me to that prediction above I see. Come on the South lets get right into The Caley. 

Pah, we don't HAVE long sleeved shirts!

Although most of them will probably wear long sleeved underarmour I suppose.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

We always play shite on the BBC, I expect tonight to be no different.

2 hours ago, Dougie Mills said:

We don’t tend to care if we’re on BBC or not.

Great stuff folks - this looks like its going to be the battle of who can be least positive about the game. Or is this just a clever deflection tactic on everyone's part to ensure that no outcomes disappoint too much? 😉

14 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Great stuff folks - this looks like its going to be the battle of who can be least positive about the game. Or is this just a clever deflection tactic on everyone's part to ensure that no outcomes disappoint too much? 😉

If you start off expecting the worst then you're either not to disappointed to be proved right or very delighted to be proved wrong.