Queen of the South v The Caley

13 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

For any reason?

He puts the same thing on every ICT match thread.
When was the last time we beat ICT at Palmerston? Was it in 2004? Four defeats and three draws since, I think.

37 minutes ago, Flash said:

When was the last time we beat ICT at Palmerston? Was it in 2004? Four defeats and three draws since, I think.

I well remember the draw 2 years ago when we were 3-0 with 20 minutes to go but needed a good save from Leighfield at the death to hang on for a point in a 3-3 draw. Classic QOS.

1 hour ago, Flash said:

We have a terrible record against ICT.

At Palmerston our League record is: 4 wins, 6 draws, 5 losses (we lost a League Cup tie in Aug 98)
At Inverness our League record is: 3 wins, 2 draws, 11 losses (although we have won both cup ties we've played up there - 94 and 97 though).

Our last home win was indeed in 2004 when O'Connor and Bowey scored in a 2-1 win. We did win in Inverness in January 19 of course (Mercer and Dobbie).

Of the 7 wins we have got, three of them were before the turn of the century and the other two at Palmerston were in 2003/04. Whilst we haven't played very much since then, Derek Holmes perfect hat trick game up there in October 2009 is the only other QoS win in the fixture in the last 16 years.  Or to put it another way, we've won once in the last 14 meetings between the two clubs!

58 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I well remember the draw 2 years ago when we were 3-0 with 20 minutes to go but needed a good save from Leighfield at the death to hang on for a point in a 3-3 draw. Classic QOS.

Yeah that's one of my favourite ICT games of the last few years. We probably could have won that one 5 - 3 as White and Austin passed up great chances to complete an incredible turnaround. I did feel a bit bad at the end "getting it up" the Queens fans next to us as most weren't that annoyed and seemed to like the incredible game of football that had played out before them.

In the highlights you can hear me shouting something about "Get the ball on top of this keeper he's shite!" which Walsh then does and we score our second. Walsh and Austin clearly appreciate the advice :lol:

Yeah that's one of my favourite ICT games of the last few years. We probably could have won that one 5 - 3 as White and Austin passed up great chances to complete an incredible turnaround. I did feel a bit bad at the end "getting it up" the Queens fans next to us as most weren't that annoyed and seemed to like the incredible game of football that had played out before them.

In the highlights you can hear me shouting something about "Get the ball on top of this keeper he's shite!" which Walsh then does and we score our second. Walsh and Austin clearly appreciate the advice [emoji38]

Were you the one who looked like you were off your face on ecstasy when the 3rd went in? [emoji38] One guy gave it a massive GIRUY to us and we sat there in shock more than anything. Probably because once it went to 3-1 we had a good idea what was coming and we were waiting for it!

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Were you the one who looked like you were off your face on ecstasy when the 3rd went in? emoji38.png One guy gave it a massive GIRUY to us and we sat there in shock more than anything. Probably because once it went to 3-1 we had a good idea what was coming and we were waiting for it!

Couldn't say for certain but quite possibly. I think I fell / was pushed onto the wee tarpaulin banner thing that was next to us across the seats. Another proud moment sponsored by Strongbow...

Big Lyndon 'Dykesy' Dykes with his white hair.

I mind the 2-1 Queens game up here in 18-19 and he was the best player on the pitch.  I was in the main stand for that game and in the 2nd half he was playing over the main stand side and his touch under pressure was unreal.  Coll Donaldson was man marking him and was bouncing off him. Dobbie got all the plaudits after that game but Dykes was something else that day.

10 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

That was the game as I recall where Lyndon Dykes was absolutely roasting us and then Queens took him off and were pish after that.

I reckon you're thinking of another game as Dykes is still on the pitch for all of that 3 - 3 game. It's his chest back into the box that Welsh seizes on to win the penalty for our third.

Edited by RiG

4 minutes ago, RiG said:

I reckon you're thinking of another game as Dykes is still on the pitch for all of that game. It's his chest back into the box that Welsh seizes on to win the penalty for our third.

There was definitely a game where Dykes was brilliant and then Queens took him off and completely crumbled.  Maybe it was the other game there that season.

Edited by Highland Capital

55 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

That was the game as I recall where Lyndon Dykes was absolutely roasting us and then Queens took him off and were pish after that.

Dykes played the whole game. He played every single minute of that season until we took him off 10 mins from the end of the playoff final 1st leg.

51 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

There was definitely a game where Dykes was brilliant and then Queens took him off and completely crumbled.  Maybe it was the other game there that season.

Never happened. Dykes has played against Inverness 7 times in his QoS career. The only one in which he was subbed was a 3-1 loss for us in January 2018 and he was subbed when we were already 3-0 down.

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Never happened. Dykes has played against Inverness 7 times in his QoS career. The only one in which he was subbed was a 3-1 loss for us in January 2018 and he was subbed when we were already 3-0 down.

Must be someone else I'm thinking of.  There was definitely a game where a Queens player caused havoc for us and then got taken off and were much the poorer for it.

3 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Must be someone else I'm thinking of.  There was definitely a game where a Queens player caused havoc for us and then got taken off and were much the poorer for it.

Can't recall anything like that but if it did happen it didn't change the result remotely. The only one with a dramatic swing in score was that one and the subs we made in it were to take Stirling and Harkins off, both of which happened after you'd already hauled it back to 3-3. Your other 4 visits here since relegation we didn't score in any of them, you won 3 of them 2-0 and were comfortably in front all game and the other was a 0-0 draw. And the 6 games up the road saw us win one 2-1, have another two 0-0 draws and three very comfortable Inverness wins which you led from early on in.

38 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Any chance a limited number of Queens fans attending on Friday night if the Scot Gov moves D&G down to Tier 1 tomorrow? 

It would be good if possible but it will all depend on how much organising something like this takes and if there's time to do it all before Friday.  I'm not sure if tickets for allocated seats would need printed and sent out,  season ticket holders applying to attend and possibly a ballot held to determine who attends, extra stewarding organised,  possible temperature tests for supporters as they enter,  sounds a bit much to do in the time available. 

53 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Any chance a limited number of Queens fans attending on Friday night if the Scot Gov moves D&G down to Tier 1 tomorrow? 

Was D & G due to move down to Tier 1 already? If not then they've tended to move LAs down a tier the following week so even if you did get some good news on that front you wouldn't change until next week.

That said, I do wonder if SG might avoid any "promotions" until the Christmas break.