Celtic's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Celtic's next permanent manager?  

445 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Celtic are still in a position of strength on the park

Can you elaborate on this a bit more please? You say that Celtic are in a position of strength on the park. Maybe if you view it in comparison to the league as a whole, but surely the strength of this Celtic side is measured against Rangers? I'd argue that Celtic are definitely not in a position of strength when compared to us at present.

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

We drop from CL to EL to ECL I think.

Yes, if you lose in the first CL round you enter your EL tie is easy though. Think it's Jablonec and another team of that standard. So ECL groups seem pretty secure. 

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

We drop from CL to EL to ECL I think.

You can lose in CL 2nd round...

then EL 3rd Round...

then ECL play off round,

and it's tattie bye 'tic.

It could will be all over by August 26th.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

Can you elaborate on this a bit more please? You say that Celtic are in a position of strength on the park. Maybe if you view it in comparison to the league as a whole, but surely the strength of this Celtic side is measured against Rangers? I'd argue that Celtic are definitely not in a position of strength when compared to us at present.

Nope,What has sevco got to do with Celtic?

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Nope,What has sevco got to do with Celtic?

So you don't believe that Celtic are judged relatively to Rangers and vice versa? Haha, aye okay mate.

Let's put it another way then and remove any mention of Rangers: why do you believe Celtic are in a position of strength on the park when they just finished 25 points behind the league winners?

Edited by AJF

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

So you don't believe that Celtic are judged relatively to Rangers and vice versa? Haha, aye okay mate.

Let's put it another way then and remove any mention of Rangers: why do you believe Celtic are in a position of strength on the park when they just finished 25 points behind the league winners?

Because we start at zero next season.

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Because we start at zero next season.

What kind of logic is that? Does that mean every single team in the league starts the season from a position of power because they all start with zero points?

1 minute ago, AJF said:

What kind of logic is that? Does that mean every single team in the league starts the season from a position of power because they all start with zero points?

I just applied to remortgage my house. I've a mate who works in the gambling industry & he reckons DUNDEE will have the longest odds in next season's Premiership. I'm lumping it all on the Dark Blues because, as I've just learned: We all start on zero next season. Free money.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

I think you're right for the most part here in that Celtic need to think longer-term. The issue the club faces with this approach is that over the course of the last 4/5 55 years, the fanbase has developed a sense of entitlement on the back of a period of sustained success and I don't think the majority will settle for another season like the one we just had even if there are signs that they are planning longer term.

If you then add in the fact that the league winners for the coming season gain automatic Champions League group stage qualification and the riches that brings, then there is another element of urgency added into the mix.

4 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

Yasss, Killie have just lost a load of players & the ones left are a demoralised mess but we start on zero next year so we're winning the treble.

Never change willy, never change.

Good luck Sandy,St Johnstone are my favorites. 

12 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You do know every season is different?

Yes, and you've still not told me why you believe Celtic are starting next season from a position of power.