Celtic's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Celtic's next permanent manager?  

445 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Folk saying Howe was derailed by the backroom team is something. Surely it can't be about John Kennedy, he could be sidelined easily. in fact Celtic should have moved Kennedy on to Scotland U21s or something,

What if one of Howe's backroom staff is just super STAUNCH and told Eddie he wasn't going to work for Celtic. And Eddie didn't fancy living in Glasgow with nae pals.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just seen that there, nice sign off saying a new manager will be appointed imminently. 

It's definitely Kennedy isn't it?

Please be Kennedy.

Callum Davidson is the outstanding candidate now. 

12 minutes ago, Bgsaint said:

Callum Davidson is the outstanding candidate now. 

HAHA this patter is hilarious BTW, keep it up.

Or maybe Eddie Howe's wife has been watching the TV news recently? ......... Peter Lawwell having his cars/house torched for not winning the league ......... The Teddy Bears party in George Square for winning the league....... prompting her to have a wee word in Eddie's ear along the lines of ........ "Now how can I put this darling ?  How about .......no effing way are me and the kids moving up there with you ..... they're all absolute nutters ..... think again Eddie dearest" ...... just a thought.

Three months, yes three whole months (over ninety days) with their drawers roon thier ankles hooring themsleves oot to Howe and his merry bunch of campers only to be told  do one.

Absolutely fucking hilarious.

If ever a bunch of self entitled p***ks (with one or two execeptions on here) deserved this then it is the followers of Victim FC.

Get it right fucking up you.

Only thing to top this would be the announcement of the second choice being Mark McGhee

On 19/05/2021 at 08:18, Jinky67 said:

Don’t think it matters it’s more to do with them still having fixtures to play.

Makes me think Richard Hughes is probably coming in with Howe assuming this deal is as done as reported 

On 19/05/2021 at 09:06, Jinky67 said:

Im not saying it has to be announced at the same time, it just makes me think that’s who will be coming with him.

If not him then there really is no need to delay a DoF appointment if indeed that’s the route we are going to go down

Its just a gut feeling 

On 19/05/2021 at 09:21, Jinky67 said:

I doubt it.

I don’t know this as fact but this question has been asked before and a few folks who are itk suggest this may put Howe into breach of contract with regards to any salary or fee he has been paid for this season while on gardening leave

On 20/05/2021 at 13:38, Jinky67 said:

Suggested the management team will indeed be Eddie Howe, Stephen Purchess and Simon Weatherstone with Richard Hughes indeed taking up the director role.

Speculation there may be room on the team to add Peter Grant due to his association with Celtic and previous working relationship with Howe - not sure how I feel about this personally due to him being part of the Mowbray tenure however I wouldn’t imagine his role would have too much influence.

An announcement to be expected as soon as Bournemouth’s season is over which will be next week or week after.

On 22/05/2021 at 14:36, Jinky67 said:

That’s Bournemouth season now over with going out to Brentford.

Lets hope we see some movement this week

On 24/05/2021 at 18:09, Jinky67 said:

It doesn't explain it

Howe was still committed to Bournemouth until their season was officially ended as he wants the Bournemouth team with him and the fact he was £ if they went up. Was highly unlikely they would get put out the playoffs on the Saturday and we announce the very next working day. 

I would imagine there would still be things to organise such as getting them all up here, all the paperwork done and then an official statement, photos and all that jazz.

As i said above i would imagine Wednesday to be the earliest. 

Either way i'm as confident as it can be that this is done.

On 25/05/2021 at 09:39, Jinky67 said:

Unlikely, approaches are just being made for the backroom team from Bournemouth that Howe wants with him. I wouldn’t anticipate that to take long considering their parachute payments will be further reduced so they will likely have to offload both staff and players.

I’d expect something this week but not today 

On 26/05/2021 at 08:30, Jinky67 said:

This is the suggested team coming in. 

Eddie Howe, Simon Weatherstone, Simon Purcell and Peter Grant

Richard Hughes coming in as Chief Scout with Mark Burchill as his main UK contact

Looks as if he also wants the same Sports Science team he worked with at Bournemouth to work with Tim Williamson

Fergal Harkin DoF

Great work well played.