Celtic's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Celtic's next permanent manager?  

445 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

49 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

Usually its the defence we dont have ready in time for european qualifers, could we be going for the double of defence and manager this season.

saying that I think its Howe and as soon as Bournemouth have played last game its announced.

I’ve no idea what the ins and outs  of the Bournemouth thing is, so is it better from Celtic’s point of view if Bournemouth get promoted or stay in the Championship?

Just now, kingjoey said:

I’ve no idea what the ins and outs  of the Bournemouth thing is, so is it better from Celtic’s point of view if Bournemouth get promoted or stay in the Championship?

Don’t think it matters it’s more to do with them still having fixtures to play.

Makes me think Richard Hughes is probably coming in with Howe assuming this deal is as done as reported 

39 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I'm unclear as to why Bournemouth completing their season makes a difference here, I've seen a couple of folk say it now.

Daily record are claiming as Howe is on gardening leave he is still entitled to a bonus if they go up.

Couldn’t Celtic just announce Howe and state his back room staff will be confirmed in due course? (Assuming the deal has been done and it is only being delayed due to Bournemouth’s involvement in the play offs).

It would at least give fans some clarity. The time the club has been without a manager is mental.

42 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Makes me think Richard Hughes is probably coming in with Howe assuming this deal is as done as reported 

Why would Hughes have to be announced at the same time as Howe - who has apparently been the only contender for well over a month now? 

49 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

to be honest i have no idea either, from what i have read/heard the reason hes not announced is as someone has posted. Hes in line for a large bonus that he would miss out on if he leaves before they have completed season

5 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Why would Hughes have to be announced at the same time as Howe - who has apparently been the only contender for well over a month now? 

Im not saying it has to be announced at the same time, it just makes me think that’s who will be coming with him.

If not him then there really is no need to delay a DoF appointment if indeed that’s the route we are going to go down

Its just a gut feeling 

Edited by Jinky67

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Im not saying it has to be announced at the same time, it just makes me think that’s who will be coming with him.

If not him then there really is no need to delay a DoF appointment.

Its just a gut feeling 

A good point.  Unless they want to do it all at same time, but given how long this whole process has been if its not Hughes the fans would have rather have had some news earlier to combat the lack of communication and perceived stagnation going on.

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Could Desmond not have underwritten the bonus and secured Howe earlier to work with the players ?

He would also have had to pay his wage he would have still been getting from Bournemouth as he would have officially left then. Would have been millions in total would imagine. I get why he hasn’t even if it could easily f**k up our European qualifiers. Assuming what the record ate claiming is true of course.

6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Could Desmond not have underwritten the bonus and secured Howe earlier to work with the players ?

I doubt it.

I don’t know this as fact but this question has been asked before and a few folks who are itk suggest this may put Howe into breach of contract with regards to any salary or fee he has been paid for this season while on gardening leave

Edited by Jinky67

Suggested the management team will indeed be Eddie Howe, Stephen Purchess and Simon Weatherstone with Richard Hughes indeed taking up the director role.

Speculation there may be room on the team to add Peter Grant due to his association with Celtic and previous working relationship with Howe - not sure how I feel about this personally due to him being part of the Mowbray tenure however I wouldn’t imagine his role would have too much influence.

An announcement to be expected as soon as Bournemouth’s season is over which will be next week or week after.

Edited by Jinky67

On 20/05/2021 at 15:38, Jinky67 said:

Suggested the management team will indeed be Eddie Howe, Stephen Purchess and Simon Weatherstone with Richard Hughes indeed taking up the director role.

Speculation there may be room on the team to add Peter Grant due to his association with Celtic and previous working relationship with Howe - not sure how I feel about this personally due to him being part of the Mowbray tenure however I wouldn’t imagine his role would have too much influence.

An announcement to be expected as soon as Bournemouth’s season is over which will be next week or week after.

Id be alright with Peter Grant involved, hes no going to have much influence in tactics or training like you say but we need someone in the backroom staff who knows what its all about at Celtic and he will give that.

2 hours ago, BigDoddyKane said:

Id be alright with Peter Grant involved, hes no going to have much influence in tactics or training like you say but we need someone in the backroom staff who knows what its all about at Celtic and he will give that.

That’s Bournemouth season now over with going out to Brentford.

Lets hope we see some movement this week