Celtic's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Celtic's next permanent manager?  

445 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Celtic are in a strong financial position yes the squad will be looked at by the new football management coming in.
Players will only leave if the price is right , why do we need to balance the books Lawwell is leaving plus we have dosh in the bank?

Because Celtic have also been hit by COVID, and they need money to fund the transfers for the new signings they need to make. The bank balance is not as strong as it was pre-COVID, for obvious reasons.

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

No "ifs" and "buts" that I can see. One "probably" and one "assuming".

1 minute ago, AJF said:

It'll depend on whether Celtic qualify for the Champions League next season. The model they are currently operating under means they will make a loss each season unless they sell a player or qualify for the champions league.

Also some 'whether' and 'unless' to chew over @Jacksgranda

1 minute ago, AJF said:

It'll depend on whether Celtic qualify for the Champions League next season. The model they are currently operating under means they will make a loss each season unless they sell a player or qualify for the champions league.

If we win the league next season we go straight into the champions league group stages.

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

If we win the league next season we go straight into the champions league group stages.

And if you don't, you lose your only sellable assets not called Callum McGregor or David Turnbull for nothing, and don't have the cash to buy any more.

Edited by G51

5 minutes ago, G51 said:

Because Celtic have also been hit by COVID, and they need money to fund the transfers for the new signings they need to make. The bank balance is not as strong as it was pre-COVID, for obvious reasons.

I'm pretty sure every club in the league has the same problem.

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

1 minute ago, G51 said:

And if you don't, you lose your only sellable assets not called Callum McGregor or David Turnbull for nothing, and don't have the cash to buy any more.

1-1, extra time beckons.

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

which we have the dosh for.

Celtic aren't as rich as they once were. There's no way the club can afford the rebuild necessary without player sales or Desmond funding it.

7 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Maybe you should give us a few hints on liquidation when Celtic fall off this mythical cliff?

I mean, this is all stuff that Kieran Maguire, the guy who makes a living studying this stuff, has been saying for a while now.

I have no dog in the Celtic Rangers fight and I agree that Celtic need signings. I would assume that the new coach would be looking to build his team around Turnbull and possibly Christie if he signs a new contract. However when he goes on international duty and he's room sharing with Robbo, Tierney or McGinn he's probably getting his head turned toward what he could earn down south.  Celtic may have to take what they can get in the summer for him. 
I still think Celtic have a powerful squad there but Lennon's tactics of picking fights with players and then chucking them under the bus in the eyes of the media to get a reaction out of them ran out of steam the same way it did at Hibs.

Pretty sure Christie is away. He's starting to get the same treatment Armstrong did in his last year in terms of the club quietly briefing against him. You're starting to hear some ludicrous nonsense along the "he's not that good anyway" lines on the basis that he's had a slight drop off from the last two years where he was possibly the best player in the league.

The Celtic squad are by far and large superior to what their performance has been this season.

The problem is Edouard, Christie and Ajer all have contracts expiring next season.

Whoever comes in basically needs to work in the assumption they won’t be staying, I reckon the goalie situation isn’t as bad as made out. Barkas was on a run of clean sheets before being dropped and hasn’t really been able to recover form. Having a settled back four would do wonders.

Loans on their way out and loans on their way back will be very interesting. Especially Hendry who has earned a call-up based on Belgian form.

Bit of a word salad, my point is Celtic might have money, but they don’t have anything to offer the players we value but have allowed to run down their contracts.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Didn't recognize you with your new avatar did that hurt?
With all the praise McCormack  was giving Neil Simpson I thought you would go with him.

It did hurt a bit, yes. Derek is an aesthetically pleasing man, although he got a bit too greasy towards the end. 

Simmie is a good shout but I wouldn’t want to upset the young rangers fans of the forum.