Celtic's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Celtic's next permanent manager?  

445 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Paul Lambert still holds the record for leading a team to the fewest points in the top flight since we've used a 3 point for a win system. To put that in context, if Gretna hadn't received a points deduction, they'd have had 5 points more than Livi got under Lambert.

He's fluked a managerial career well beyond his means and he's had 1 good season with Norwich in his 16 year management career. Horrendous.

Appoint him now.

Norwich was the outlier in his career absolutely, but it was more than 1 good season tbf. Two successive promotions and a 12th placed PL finish was not bad going.

I'm fairly certain Lambert gets half his management roles due to the fact that he used to play for Dortmund.  As if that means he'd be a good football manager?

Lambert has proven to be an absolutely shite manager over a considerable period of time, Norwich and maybe Colchester spells aside.  But he'd be a brilliant choice IMO. Not good in a "beat Rangers* to the title" kind of way, more in a continuing the hilarity of the Lennon era way, so I am all for it.

Lambert as manager. Stan Petrov as assistant. Kennedy kept on as a coach. Martin O'Neill as director of football. Get Bobo Balde to take over Gavin Strachan's laptop. Proper Sellick men back taegither tae dae proper sellick man hings.

Sign. Me. Up.

7 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Lambert has proven to be an absolutely shite manager over a considerable period of time, Norwich and maybe Colchester spells aside.  But he'd be a brilliant choice IMO. Not good in a "beat Rangers* to the title" kind of way, more in a continuing the hilarity of the Lennon era way, so I am all for it.

Lambert as manager. Stan Petrov as assistant. Kennedy kept on as a coach. Martin O'Neill as director of football. Get Bobo Balde to take over Gavin Strachan's laptop. Proper Sellick men back taegither tae dae proper sellick man hings.

Sign. Me. Up.

Thank goodness for that

Paul Lambert slams Celtic players as Parkhead legend insists NOTHING could convince him to take manager's job - Daily Record

Scotland head coach Steve Clarke his dismissed speculation linking him with the Celtic job, insisting his only focus is leading the national team into the Euros and World Cup qualifiers.

Did anyone outside of pundits and the media actually think there was a chance of Clarke taking the job?

5 minutes ago, EpicMike said:

Did anyone outside of pundits and the media actually think there was a chance of Clarke taking the job?

Stranger things have happened to be honest. Look at what happened to Spain: They fired Lopetegui two days before Russia 2018 started as he had agreed to take on the Real Madrid job following the tournament haha.

1 hour ago, EpicMike said:

Here's his quote - it's not exactly the strongest denial I've ever heard.

He said: "After the Euros I will go on a big holiday. It is going to be very tiring then we will decide what happens.

"But I have a contract with the Scottish FA up until December 2022 and hopefully I can take the team to the World Cup finals in Qatar in 2022 as well, that would be great and then maybe I can think about club football.''

The former West Brom, Reading and Kilmarnock boss added: "When you have been in football as long as me, you tend not to look too far ahead.

"I look forward to the games in March and if we can win all of them we can concentrate on the Euros after that and we will see what happens.''

edited to add more to the quotes

Edited by G51

11 minutes ago, EpicMike said:

What are the actual quotes?

"Focusing on the job I'm in" is about as bog standard a non-committal answer you could hope for to this question.

Surely Steve Clarke wouldn’t want to get involved with Celtic given that their fans regularly belt out bigoted chants about opposition managers being sad and involved with the Orange Order?

If he did then he would look very hypocritical and his (post 0-5 pumping at) Ibrox meltdown a couple of years ago when he expressed his gratitude to Chelsea for rescuing him from the bigotry in the West of Scotland would carry even less credibility than it did at the time. :rolleyes:

Edited by MJC

1 minute ago, EpicMike said:

Seems like a polite way of saying "thanks but I have other plans" to me.

It seemed more like "Am I taking this highly-paid job? Well, my existing contract runs for another 18 months and I've some annual leave booked for the middle of summer".

Which, IMO, isn't really an answer.

On 27/02/2021 at 13:31, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Moyes lol he isn't going to be interested he isn't walking away from West Ham were he is having a great season to be a director of football 

And he wouldn't walk away to even be the gaffer you mist your chance to get him when you brought Lennon back

Henry as assistant head coach oh right this is obviously some kind of parody well done 

Haar, haar

Edited by Jacksgranda
Sleppnig

On 01/03/2021 at 23:43, Jinky67 said:

That's the cheap option which will appeal to the biscuit tin mentality...

2 hours ago, MJC said:

Surely Steve Clarke wouldn’t want to get involved with Celtic given that their fans regularly belt out bigoted chants about opposition managers being sad and involved with the Orange Order?

To be fair you would have to be pretty sad to be involved with the orange order.

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

To be fair you would have to be pretty sad to be involved with the orange order.

I’m not disputing that for a minute, but I seriously doubt that Derek McInnes, Steven Gerrard and Kris Boyd, to name but a few, are or have every actually been involved with the OO. That hasn’t stopped the Celtic support aiming chants at them claiming otherwise though and that’s no different to Rangers fans chanting at Clarke or anyone else they perceive to be pro Celtic being catholic/Irish/supporter of the IRA. 

On 02/03/2021 at 05:45, kingjoey said:

Playing hard to get.

On 01/03/2021 at 23:43, Jinky67 said:

'Holy Haircut ' issues "come and get me" plea to low level sectarian football club - Daily Everybodyelse