Celtic's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Celtic's next permanent manager?  

445 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I'll accept diddies have a lower standard of what ragdolling is, I imagine a rottweiler with a toddler you guys are thinking of a 12 year old labrador with a squeaky toy. 

I think that we should change “rag doll” to “owned”.

11 minutes ago, G51 said:

counterpoint: the norwegian league is absolutely shite, so shite in fact that Deila was effectively untested.

And I highly doubt even the miraculous Ronny Deila would have kept Celtic in a title race where Rangers record is P30 W26 D4 L0.

I would suggest that  the Scottish and Norwegian top flights are very much on a par shite wise. 

14 minutes ago, G51 said:

counterpoint: the norwegian league is absolutely shite, so shite in fact that Deila was effectively untested.

And I highly doubt even the miraculous Ronny Deila would have kept Celtic in a title race where Rangers record is P30 W26 D4 L0.

A better Celtic manager and Rangers' record might be P30 W24 D4 L2, which is still very good but also doable for Celtic.

17 minutes ago, G51 said:

It’s not a counterpoint it’s just your opinion on the standard of Norwegian football. Fact is he had experience and the SPFL is hardly the pinnacle of European football so let’s not kid ourselves.

Are you really suggesting there was no manager that could have kept Celtic in this title race? 😂 if not I don’t see the point in posting Rangers record, you have been put under no pressure this season at all

Edited by Jinky67

1 hour ago, hearthammer said:

It was anything but "funny" I can assure you.  It was the biggest industrial scale level of financial impropriety (cheating) in Scottish/UK sport.  Your assumption that it was or should only be the fans of cheek #2 who were outraged and joyful when the old team went into administration and soon to be liquidated is, i'm afraid, a prime example of how myopic both sets of fans are.  There are currently 42 senior clubs in Scotland - not just Fran & Anna.

Scottish football fans comprise a lot more than the 2 hordes of self-entitled green/blue smugistas.  As i have said, your myopia may be preventing you from seeing further, in a football sense, beyond your respective areas of Glasgow. 

There's a lot more than 42.

25 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

I would suggest that  the Scottish and Norwegian top flights are very much on a par shite wise. 

Scotlands country co-efficient is 11th in Europe, in close proximity to Belgium, Austria and Ukraine.

Norways is 24th, in close proximity to Romania, Bulgaria and Sweden.

Edited by G51

Just now, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Malky McKay local lad should definitely be made director of football or something with them since he left his Scotland performance director job in November 

If Scotland can give him another chance then so can Celtic they gave worce people second chances like Torbett 

Ooff Ouffff GIF by memecandy

46 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I thought that Rodgers was a ridiculous idea to become Celtic manager before he was appointed, so I wouldn’t rule out a potential “big name”, although they would have to be presently unemployed.

And Celtic minded.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

A better Celtic manager and Rangers' record might be P30 W24 D4 L2, which is still very good but also doable for Celtic.

I mean, maybe? It might also be W26 D4 L0 though. It obviously depends on how good the theoretical Celtic manager is (and how much of an impact a manager has on points totals, which is probably less than we assume).

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

It’s not a counterpoint it’s just your opinion on the standard of Norwegian football. Fact is he had experience and the SPFL is hardly the pinnacle of European football so let’s not fucking kid ourselves.

Are you really suggesting there was no manager that could have kept Celtic in this title race? 😂 if not I don’t see the point in posting Rangers record, you have been put under no pressure this season at all

It's an opinion backed up by Norwegian clubs performances in Europe. It isn't a good standard of league and the Premiership is considerably better.

I'm sure there are loads of managers who could have kept Celtic in this title race, but I'm not sure many of them would actually go to Celtic. Ultimately, Celtic's failures this season are partly down to Lennon (and to be clear, he isn't good), but the failings in recruitment are probably more significant.

32 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I'll accept diddies have a lower standard of what ragdolling is, I imagine a rottweiler with a toddler you guys are thinking of a 12 year old labrador with a squeaky toy. 

:o

9 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Malky McKay local lad should definitely be made director of football or something with them since he left his Scotland performance director job in November 

If Scotland can give him another chance then so can Celtic they gave worce people second chances like Torbett 

766B7AE4-D5A9-4E99-BF20-59359B65839F.gif

9 minutes ago, G51 said:

Scotlands country co-efficient is 11th worldwide, in close proximity to Belgium, Austria and Ukraine.

Norways is 24th, in close proximity to Romania, Bulgaria and Sweden.

We are ranked the 11th best country in the world???? Where does the Brazil and Argentinian league rank in your table????

About 3yrs ago Scotland were around 25th, sandwiched between Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan. We have shot up the table due to playing lots of early qualifiers, 2yrs of good OF results and only having 4 teams. Once we get 5 teams and get less free hits with the early rounds we will return to a more natural 14th-18th position.

14 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Od GIF by MCDM

1 minute ago, ahemps said:

We are ranked the 11th best country in the world???? Where does the Brazil and Argentinian league rank in your table????

About 3yrs ago Scotland were around 25th, sandwiched between Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan. We have shot up the table due to playing lots of early qualifiers, 2yrs of good OF results and only having 4 teams. Once we get 5 teams and get less free hits with the early rounds we will return to a more natural 14th-18th position.

Correction, in Europe.

Norway has all those advantages as well, and they've cracked the top 20 in the co-efficient once or twice since they fell out of it in 08/09.

Not sure why people are determined to say that the Eliteserien is good. It's full of shite.

18 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

:o

13 minutes ago, G51 said:

I'm sure there are loads of managers who could have kept Celtic in this title race, but I'm not sure many of them would actually go to Celtic. Ultimately, Celtic's failures this season are partly down to Lennon (and to be clear, he isn't good), but the failings in recruitment are probably more significant.

After Brendan Rodgers left I am sure there were plenty of competent managers who would have been happy to come to Celtic even if just to emulate Rodgers in using Celtic as a stepping stone

However our board haven’t behaved in appropriate manner with regards how Lennon was appointed so we will never know.