Celtic's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Celtic's next permanent manager?  

445 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd be more concerned that'd put a dampener on the Euros for us. He obviously wouldn't leave before then but it could easily be a formality at that point which could have a negative impact.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Steve Clarke now the bookie's favourite according to BBC gossip.

You mean the Scottish Sun, and in turn it's based on bookmakers who, in turn, place lots of adverts with "the paper".

:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Steve Clarke now the bookie's favourite according to BBC gossip.

Steve Clarke is far too sensible to get involved with either of the Old Firm at this stage in his life.

Clarke strikes me as the type of guy who will be with Scotland for a few years then maybe head back down south with his family (believe they still live London-way but could be wrong).

Non starter thankfully.

Celtic can chuck a shit-ton of money at Clarke if they want to. It's hard to turn that down.

I doubt he goes to Celtic, because the timing doesn't really fit - he won't leave before the Euros (if he would, he'd have been there in December) and Celtic need a manager by June at the latest to prepare for CL qualifiers and carry out their rebuild.

Whether he turns it down the next time, I don't know.

52 minutes ago, G51 said:

Celtic can chuck a shit-ton of money at Clarke if they want to. It's hard to turn that down.

I doubt he goes to Celtic, because the timing doesn't really fit - he won't leave before the Euros (if he would, he'd have been there in December) and Celtic need a manager by June at the latest to prepare for CL qualifiers and carry out their rebuild.

Do you honestly think the Euros are going ahead?

I'm thinking about cancelling my hotel tbh.

Just now, tree house tam said:

Do you honestly think the Euros are going ahead?

I'm thinking about cancelling my hotel tbh.

I'd say it's a near-certainty that the Euros will happen.

Might not happen with fans, but it will happen. The risky part was playing the qualifiers. There will be a whole lot less movement between players for the actual tournament, because players won't be moving between club and country.

1 hour ago, G51 said:

Pretty much my thoughts too.  If SSC was going to take the job I doubt he would even agree to it just now, never mind actually start the job, and I don’t think Celtic or their fans would be happy to wait until mid-June. 

Plenty of ITK Killie fans were very adamant that Clarke wouldn’t take any other Scottish clubs jobs and with the baggage that comes with the Celtic job I doubt that will change. 

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Very easy to say that when you've not got £1-2m a year waved in front of your face.

Of course he could probably earn this kind of money with a high-end Championship/lower Premiership club in the summer.

I could see Newcastle being a good fit for SC if he decided to leave Scotland after a good Euros.

21 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I was going to post that the Rangers Da's will be preparing their "I told ye's" already, and then you did it for me.

Lighten up a bit, enjoy life and learn to laugh.

• 2 weeks later...