Celtic's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Celtic's next permanent manager?  

445 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Let’s not forget the mighty Steven Gerrard was in charge of the equivalent of a Liverpudlian school team before he got the Sevco gig. 

This is true, but at least he was a global name in the sport though and his arrival was very high profile. With the benefit of hindsight, I'd argue his appointment alone contributed massively to the mentality shift we've seen at Rangers since he joined. Postecoglou may go on to do an excellent job, but the reaction to his arrival could not be further from the reception Gerrard got.

2 hours ago, AJF said:

This is true, but at least he was a global name in the sport though and his arrival was very high profile. With the benefit of hindsight, I'd argue his appointment alone contributed massively to the mentality shift we've seen at Rangers since he joined. Postecoglou may go on to do an excellent job, but the reaction to his arrival could not be further from the reception Gerrard got.

I'm sure reactions and receptions are important at sevco.

On 14/06/2021 at 08:37, AJF said:

Not sure this makes sense. 

12 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Not sure this makes sense. 

In what way? I was assuming, maybe incorrectly, that the comparison of where Gerrard came from was in response to the very underwhelming reaction Postecoglou's appointment has received and was in some way trying to mitigate that by saying the same thing happened to Gerrard. I was simply pointing out that the reaction to each appointment was polar opposite.

2 hours ago, AJF said:

In what way? I was assuming, maybe incorrectly, that the comparison of where Gerrard came from was in response to the very underwhelming reaction Postecoglou's appointment has received and was in some way trying to mitigate that by saying the same thing happened to Gerrard. I was simply pointing out that the reaction to each appointment was polar opposite.

In what way is it underwhelming?
Comparing a guy that has 25 years in management to a guy that had zero years in management?

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

In what way is it underwhelming?
Comparing a guy that has 25 years in management to a guy that had zero years in management?

Well, the reactions tell their own story. Do you think you'd get thousands of Celtic fans inside Celtic Park to welcome the appointment of Postecoglou (if covid restrictions were not an issue) the way Rangers did with Gerrard?

I'm not really comparing the managerial ability, rather the way they were both received by the fans. My impression from Celtic fans is that they are willing to give him time but are quite apprehensive about it all.