Celtic's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Celtic's next permanent manager?  

445 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

38 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s always surprised me how accepted it is as an argument. There is some merit in questioning someone maybe not having the same knowledge of the Scottish game as a rival candidate, experience does have value. 

But when it goes down the route of ‘foreign man with foreign ideas will never work in Scotland’ it just fails any sniff test as a logical argument. 

Parochial nature of the Scottish mentality.

33 minutes ago, AJF said:

I'll admit to being a bit wary of Celtic, especially if they back the manager with funds in the transfer window. The way I see it, nobody can be worse than Lennon/Kennedy were last season so I expect them to improve. How much they improve is the unknown but I hope they don't get that new manager lift that can happen and build some early momentum.

Sevco improving on an invincible league season will be pretty hard,i would expect about 15 million to 20 million going out and about 10 to 15 million coming in.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Sevco improving on an invincible league season will be pretty hard,i would expect about 15 million to 20 million going out and about 10 to 15 million coming in.

Really how about maybe getting to cup Semi. I don't think you should underestimate how shite Celtic were last season or how average the **** were

25 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

Really how about maybe getting to cup Semi. I don't think you should underestimate how shite Celtic were last season or how average the **** were

We were absolutely shite but the **** were well above average imo. You don't go unbeaten in the league otherwise. However there is still huge question marks over them when the pressure and expectancy is on them for me.
If full crowds are back next season they could easily go back to their bed shitting ways that they showed in the cups this season. Whether Celtic have a settled enough team by that point to take advantage though is another thing.

Edited by gannonball

19 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

You think Celtic actually had training sessions with Lennon in charge?

Minter

*Narrator*  They didn't.

Well, going by what a Celtic player told my old boss.

1 hour ago, Insaintee said:

What's your definition of average? 😂

4 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

One trophy out of nine, mate.

12 consecutive is the way to be going.

1 out of 3 is above average, admittedly Saints 2 out of 3 is well above average but you're still pishing against the wind trying to argue Rangers had an average "unbeaten" league season...

4 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

1 out of 3 is above average, admittedly Saints 2 out of 3 is well above average but you're still pishing against the wind trying to argue Rangers had an average "unbeaten" league season...

Surely the quotations here should be on “average”. 

2 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

It’s as average as reading The Law Of Averages by Frederick Balthalme while listening to To The Average White Band.

Or something.

15 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Not for the Rangers it's not especially in a season where they were virtually unchallenged or pressured. 

1 out of 3 is the bare minimum. Your points total was above average in the league absolutely but your trophy haul wasn't

Edited by Jinky67

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Not for the Rangers it's not especially in a season where they were virtually unchallenged or pressured. 

1 out of 3 is the bare minimum. Your points total was above average in the league absolutely but your trophy haul wasn't

We were up against a quadruple treble winning side, ofcourse we faced a challenge.

Last season was about only one thing for both teams, everything else was a sideshow. 

Rangers fans - "Celtic winning the league without a strong Rangers is pointless. They shouldn't really count"

Also Rangers fans - "Rangers winning the league without a strong Celtic shows how great we are. Probably the best league champions in Europe"

31 minutes ago, bennett said:

We were up against a quadruple treble winning side, ofcourse we faced a challenge.

Last season was about only one thing for both teams, everything else was a sideshow. 

It was evident from very early on Celtic weren't up for the fight and the wheels were coming off by end of October nor did they provide any challenge in either of the cup competitions.

Suggesting otherwise is completely disingenous.

Rangers should have done the treble, the door was wide open for them to do that

49 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Rangers fans - "Celtic winning the league without a strong Rangers is pointless. They shouldn't really count"

Also Rangers fans - "Rangers winning the league without a strong Celtic shows how great we are. Probably the best league champions in Europe"

As fun as it can be, arguing the toss with either is pretty much an exercise in futility .

of2.jpg.41c0f836c6538304e31afececf28ebf9.jpg