Celtic's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Celtic's next permanent manager?  

445 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As fecked up as everything has been and we need players bought, a decent manager will start to play some of the players we should have been playing the season just past.

I can think of 4 or 5 id play who never got a real chance or any chance until now

This hire is bad enough, but if Kennedy/Strachan remain as the no.2/3. Then whoever is making this decision is really going all out to piss off the support.

I can begrudgingly accept if its Ange and his own team, but if its Ange and the afore mentioned duo, then they can f**k right off.

4 hours ago, Swello said:

It is genuinely staggering how quickly Celtic have gone from looking like being in an unassailable position in Scotland and giving every appearance of being a properly well run club to a ramshackle comedy show, last seen under Whites and the Kelly's before wee Fergus came in. 

It might all be temporary of course (because Celtic are likely to be on a more stable financial footing than Rangers) - but it is remarkable wonderful all the same.

I think people are looking too much in to the whole Kennedy/Strachan thing. Our coaching/technical staffing have been under resourced since Rodgers left and it would make sense to have people that know the league, club and players whilst manning up the staff levels as well.

Edited by gannonball

As much as Kennedy was a complete disappointment as interim manager for his lack of ideas and changing anything. In the backroom coaching squad he will do a job. He shouldnt be involved in tactics etc but he can follow orders. Having someone around that knows the basics about club setup etc would help new Manager

Strachan should be punted asap he seems to think he has ideas and tactics , all useless and theres no room for him now

8 hours ago, gannonball said:

I think people are looking too much in to the whole Kennedy/Strachan thing. Our coaching/technical staffing have been under resourced since Rodgers left and it would make sense to have people that know the league, club and players whilst manning up the staff levels as well.

It’s evident that despite struggling to make an impact whilst interim manager, John Kennedy is still held in very high regard by the Celtic fans as a member of the coaching team.

I think his place as the prominent member of the back room team will be guaranteed no matter who is appointed as head coach.

At least if Kennedy stays we know who'll be constantly undermining the manager behind his back.

Worried there wouldn't be anyone in that role now Brown has left.

Guest TheJTS98
2 hours ago, BigDoddyKane said:

As much as Kennedy was a complete disappointment as interim manager for his lack of ideas and changing anything. In the backroom coaching squad he will do a job. He shouldnt be involved in tactics etc but he can follow orders. Having someone around that knows the basics about club setup etc would help new Manager

Strachan should be punted asap he seems to think he has ideas and tactics , all useless and theres no room for him now

I'll do it for half of whatever he's on. I'll contribute hee haw in terms of tactics or insight but I can put cones wherever the new guy wants.

Why keep a coach around if you don't want or expect him to contribute anything other than following orders?

How long do you think it will take a new coach to work out 'the basics about club setup'? I reckon an afternoon.

29 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

I'll do it for half of whatever he's on. I'll contribute hee haw in terms of tactics or insight but I can put cones wherever the new guy wants.

Why keep a coach around if you don't want or expect him to contribute anything other than following orders?

How long do you think it will take a new coach to work out 'the basics about club setup'? I reckon an afternoon.

good point but imo you need at least 1 in a backroom staff who just gets on with it and does the job, he can do that and add value on club, contacts etc plus the players liked him as far as im aware and thats good balance too as the manager usually will have some distance between him and players

Same as a football team you need some players just do the simple stuff and get on with it

John Kennedy is a decent lad, but you have to clear out all the previous regime and start afresh. The fact that he had a shot as interim manager and would have taken it permanently works against him as well for me.

If he's not that keen on the new manager, Kennedy can quietly bide his time til the boss is punted then happily step in again.

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

At least if Kennedy stays we know who'll be constantly undermining the manager behind his back.

Worried there wouldn't be anyone in that role now Brown has left.

Literally every manager Scott has played under at Celtic has praised his attitude. I doubt he would have lasted 14 years at the Club if he was like that. A nonsensical claim really.

ETA - The Kennedy one is a strange claim as well, be some brass neck to undermine the manager then when he gets binned play the same way and with the same players. I think he would definitely have been binned if that was the case end of the season.

Edited by gannonball

8 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’s evident that despite struggling to make an impact whilst interim manager, John Kennedy is still held in very high regard by the Celtic fans as a member of the coaching team.

I think his place as the prominent member of the back room team will be guaranteed no matter who is appointed as head coach.

He was interviewed for the County job, according to the local rag.  I think he’ll be leaving when somebody is appointed.  Unless it is him, obviously. 

19 hours ago, TheJTS98 said:

We could do it on a pro rota basis.  I'll do Mon, Wed & Fri.  You can do Tue, Thur & game day. 

Guest TheJTS98
39 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

We could do it on a pro rota basis.  I'll do Mon, Wed & Fri.  You can do Tue, Thur & game day. 

Perfect. Always good to have a Monday off.

I've been practising leaving cones lying around my flat, and I think I'm now ready.