Celtic's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Celtic's next permanent manager?  

445 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Back on track here. Is this Howe guy coming in? Is he away to Palace? Is it Roy Keane? I hope it is Keane. 

On Saturday, Sportsound were talking as if he's the manager.  Will be funny if he turns out not to be.

The Dom McKay announcement was touted to be announced today and its come as expected and the word is Howe will be announced later this week if everything is agreed and would work in a shadow manager role to evaluate squad etc before taking over at the end of the season

Would be a massive surprise if it didn’t happen now however you never say never

Edited by Jinky67

Howe will be a cracking appointment to give Rangers more of a challenge next season.

The 'Rangers Died' chat on this thread is fucking chronic though.

Trevor Sinclair went this route on talksport last week and you could almost hear his co-presenters cringe.

1 minute ago, LincolnHearts said:

Howe will be a cracking appointment to give Rangers more of a challenge next season.

The 'Rangers Died' chat on this thread is fucking chronic though.

Trevor Sinclair went this route on talksport last week and you could almost hear his co-presenters cringe.

What would you say happened to them then? 

26 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

The Dom McKay announcement was touted to be announced today and its come as expected and the word is Howe will be announced later this week if everything is agreed and would work in a shadow manager role to evaluate squad etc before taking over at the end of the season

Would be a massive surprise if it didn’t happen now however you never say never

The only real question now I think is whether it's Harkin or Hughes that comes in with him.

I'll be pretty stunned if it isn't Hughes at this point. I'd wager the delay (if there is one) is related to that.

1 hour ago, G51 said:

The only real question now I think is whether it's Harkin or Hughes that comes in with him.

I'll be pretty stunned if it isn't Hughes at this point. I'd wager the delay (if there is one) is related to that.

This seems likely however it’s a significant leap of faith on Celtics part if they appoint a DoF on the opinion of the potential incoming manager and I don’t think this would be a courtesy offered to Howe by many Premier League teams. 

Not sure if they are looking at options for Harkin and Hughes to co-exist however it does seem this may be the sticking point.

Dom McKay coming in early reassures me that all the right appointments will done by the end of the season. We only have the Scottish Cup to play for and I don’t imagine Howe if appointed now would have enough time to significantly impact the next game

Edited by Jinky67

4 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

This seems likely however it’s a significant leap of faith on Celtics part if they appoint a DoF on the opinion of the potential incoming manager and I don’t think this would be a courtesy offered to Howe by many Premier League teams. 

Not sure if they are looking at options for Harkin and Hughes to co-exist however it does seem this may be the sticking point.

Dom McKay coming in early reassures me that all the right appointments will done by the end of the season. We only have the Scottish Cup to play for and I don’t imagine Howe if appointed now would have enough time to significantly impact the next game

It probably isn't, but then that's the tradeoff isn't it? To get Howe to go to Scotland, you probably have to offer him control he wouldn't get otherwise.

3 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Back on track here. Is this Howe guy coming in? Is he away to Palace? Is it Roy Keane? I hope it is Keane. 

Howe's not exactly demonstrating to the green support a desperate desire to take the helm at Parkheid is he. Very much a business appointment and not a "I've always wanted to manage here"/"how(e) could I refuse this opportunity" sort of deal. Probably just what they need.

13 minutes ago, G51 said:

It probably isn't, but then that's the tradeoff isn't it? To get Howe to go to Scotland, you probably have to offer him control he wouldn't get otherwise.

Personally I don’t have a particular preference and if it needs to be Hughes then it needs to be Hughes. There is an established relationship there and this should hopefully help us get up to speed quicker so in Celtics case is does make sense.

I understand he’s still employed by Bournemouth so delay could also be to do with negotiating some sort of compensation for him.

Twitter noise is suggesting there may be a Palace opportunity however I really don’t see what that offers him challenge wise other than the obvious fact that it’s Premier League. They are unlikely to ever break into European places whereas with Celtic he has an opportunity to overthrow Rangers and get a crack at the Champions League but is that enough?

Edited by Jinky67

1 minute ago, House Bartender said:

Howe's not exactly demonstrating to the green support a desperate desire to take the helm at Parkheid is he. Very much a business appointment and not a "I've always wanted to manage here"/"how(e) could I refuse this opportunity" sort of deal. Probably just what they need.

Think we have had enough of that type of manager tbh. I’d rather someone came in with their eyes wide open instead of jumping in with little though or regard to the challenge ahead. 

We don’t need a fan we need a proper management team who can get us back on track 

1 hour ago, LincolnHearts said:

and you could almost hear his co-presenters cringe.

That was all in your head wasn’t it, you can’t hear someone cringe and you most certainly can’t ‘almost’ hear them cringe.