Celtic's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Celtic's next permanent manager?  

445 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 24/02/2021 at 17:23, Jinky67 said:

Chased out is a bit harsh, i dont doubt he would get us organised however it certainly would be a brand of football that wouldn't excite anyone. 

For me it has to be someone with a clear idea of how they want to play football. That are some cracking coaches out there who play really exciting football that we could go after and break away from our usual mo of either scottish/irish ex player or someone Celtic minded.

Naglesmann and Rose are the standouts and beyond us for sure, Howe and Marco Silva could both also do a good job i reckon. De Zerbi i really like. Of those realistically Eddie Howe would be the more likely. 

Rose has already signed a contract to move to Dortmund next season - no chance he’s ripping that up to manage Celtic.

Sounds like any new man will be stuck with Scott Brown, as despite him admitted a new manager is likely to come in and want him gone to have a fresh start, he plans to "work something out with Peter" to avoid that situation. 

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sounds like any new man will be stuck with Scott Brown, as despite him admitted a new manager is likely to come in and want him gone to have a fresh start, he plans to "work something out with Peter" to avoid that situation. 

What’s strange about the whole situation is that it’s Brown seems to have control of this situation and not the club.

He’s clearly past it as a player, which isn’t really the issue as that happens to every player. The big issue that Celtic have is that Brown still has a huge influence over the likes of McGregor, Forrest and Griffiths and if the 4 of them are still there, and they don’t like the new manager or any of the new players they will turn against them.

Celtic would be better clearing the decks and letting their new manager work with players he can trust.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Maybe sky sports could chip in for lampard seeing as that’s their marketing done for a couple of years or until gerrard leaves. 

Be interesting to see if both Lampard and Gerrard can be shoehorned into the same goldfish bowl, considering many managers failed to get the shoehorned into a midfield two.

28 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What’s strange about the whole situation is that it’s Brown seems to have control of this situation and not the club.

He’s clearly past it as a player, which isn’t really the issue as that happens to every player. The big issue that Celtic have is that Brown still has a huge influence over the likes of McGregor, Forrest and Griffiths and if the 4 of them are still there, and they don’t like the new manager or any of the new players they will turn against them.

Celtic would be better clearing the decks and letting their new manager work with players he can trust.

It does have the potential to be Le Guen vs Ferguson Part 2.

Note to the new boy - pick your battles. Ketchup & Monster Munch are a deal breaker for some people.

Scott Brown strikes me as one of them. 

Edited by Junior_Arab

42 minutes ago, jacobsladder said:

Scott Brown as Head Coach with Davie Moyes as Director of Football Operations- maybe have Thierry Henry as Asst Head Coach as a long shot? 

Moyes lol he isn't going to be interested he isn't walking away from West Ham were he is having a great season to be a director of football 

And he wouldn't walk away to even be the gaffer you mist your chance to get him when you brought Lennon back

Henry as assistant head coach oh right this is obviously some kind of parody well done 

1 hour ago, frankthetank22 said:

I thought you were taking the piss until I checked.

Please let this happen, he'll be terrible and it'll be funny as f**k 😂

I listened to a podcast from last week and he was in it - the Sky Sports Scottish Football one - and all he talked about was how they need a Celtic man, somebody who has been in and around the club, the intensity. 

After an upturn in results at Ipswich, he's suddenly decided "I'll take my pay off" 

All looks ominous, IMO. 

Paul Lambert still holds the record for leading a team to the fewest points in the top flight since we've used a 3 point for a win system. To put that in context, if Gretna hadn't received a points deduction, they'd have had 5 points more than Livi got under Lambert.

He's fluked a managerial career well beyond his means and he's had 1 good season with Norwich in his 16 year management career. Horrendous.

Appoint him now.

44 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I listened to a podcast from last week and he was in it - the Sky Sports Scottish Football one - and all he talked about was how they need a Celtic man, somebody who has been in and around the club, the intensity. 

After an upturn in results at Ipswich, he's suddenly decided "I'll take my pay off" 

All looks ominous, IMO. 

I heard that podcast too, I thought he said the Glasgow fish bowl wasn't for him but that was maybe someone else. 

He's a celtic man🥱 who'll follow their traditions (of blaming everyone else, when thing don't exactly go their way).

Give him the job, please 🤞