Celtic's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Celtic's next permanent manager?  

445 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

48 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Chased out is a bit harsh, i dont doubt he would get us organised however it certainly would be a brand of football that wouldn't excite anyone. 

For me it has to be someone with a clear idea of how they want to play football. That are some cracking coaches out there who play really exciting football that we could go after and break away from our usual mo of either scottish/irish ex player or someone Celtic minded.

Naglesmann and Rose are the standouts and beyond us for sure, Howe and Marco Silva could both also do a good job i reckon. De Zerbi i really like. Of those realistically Eddie Howe would be the more likely. 

Yes, turn your nose up at a manager who had West Brom 7th in the EPL and battering 5 past Sir Alex's Man U side, but accept a manager who got Bournemouth relegated and who's pointless style of play completely stunted all attacking threat and who wasted incredible playmakers like Brooks, presumably because one is old and one is young.

Clarke adapts to what he's got and makes the most of it. He'd set Celtic up to allow their best players attacking freedom. Howe would you have you spending 90 minutes passing the ball about your own half and hoping you can create something from nothing. 

I'd know who I'd prefer.

Mark Guidi coming out with some interesting stuff on Superscoreboard.

Saying that Lambert and Malky Mackay were finalists when Rodgers was hired, and Michael O'Neill is thought of very highly among some on the Celtic board.

Sounds as if the board will be making the appointment.

44 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes, turn your nose up at a manager who had West Brom 7th in the EPL and battering 5 past Sir Alex's Man U side, but accept a manager who got Bournemouth relegated and who's pointless style of play completely stunted all attacking threat and who wasted incredible playmakers like Brooks, presumably because one is old and one is young.

Clarke adapts to what he's got and makes the most of it. He'd set Celtic up to allow their best players attacking freedom. Howe would you have you spending 90 minutes passing the ball about your own half and hoping you can create something from nothing. 

I'd know who I'd prefer.

This the same Steve Clarke that was sacked by West Brom the very next season leaving them just above the relegation zone to take a job at Reading only to be sacked after a year? That Steve Clarke?

And yet you turn your nose up at a coach who took a team from the 4th tier of English football into the Premier League and kept them there for 5 seasons?

I do know who i'd prefer and its not Clarke, Howe isnt my 1st choice either but if given the choice of just those 2 i am taking Howe

Edited by Jinky67

1 hour ago, velo army said:

Not that I want Clarke to leave the Scotland job, but I think it's possible that he isn't wedded to a particular type of football, rather that he had his teams playing the football that got the most out of the teams he managed.

Clarke won't go anywhere until after the Euros. If he's the choice they'll give Kennedy the job to the end of the season. Ferguson has done a decent job at Kelty ...

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Naglesmann and Rose are the standouts and beyond us for sure

yXAbrOQ.png @ the thought that somewhere, be it on Twitter or a Celtic forum, that someone suggested these names as plausible candidates.

1 hour ago, yoda said:

yXAbrOQ.png @ the thought that somewhere, be it on Twitter or a Celtic forum, that someone suggested these names as plausible candidates.

I wanted us to go for Rose when he was at Salzburg as replacement tor Rodgers.

Hes way beyond our reach now