Celtic's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Celtic's next permanent manager?  

445 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Rumour is ......

Dermot Desmonds son will be joining the board of directors imminently paving the way for PL to stand down at the end of the season

Lennon will step after Wednesday night and Howe will be in.

Kennedy will move to a football operations role and Strachan will be moved to the U23’s

I don’t know how much truth is in this however I’m just hoping for some change at this stage, we all accept the league is gone however another 4/5 months of watching this can’t be happening

Edited by Jinky67

11 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Rumour is ......

Dermot Desmonds son will be joining the board of directors imminently paving the way for PL to stand down at the end of the season

Lennon will step after Wednesday night and Howe will be in.

Kennedy will move to a football operations role and Strachan will be moved to the U23’s

I don’t know how much truth is in this however I’m just hoping for some change at this stage, we all accept the league is gone however another 4/5 months of watching this can’t be happening

37A184B6-E8F5-43D4-9C32-03893F4A90F0.png

6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

37A184B6-E8F5-43D4-9C32-03893F4A90F0.png

Hopefully it has legs leg then. 

Howe wouldn’t be my 1st choice but my 1st choice wouldn’t touch us with a barge pole in all likelihood.

However if it has to be Howe then I’d be quite happy with that if he does indeed bring his own coaching staff, it’s a necessity 

Edited by Jinky67

It doesn't really make a lot of sense to me.

1) Why would Howe take this job now but not when he was sounded out in November

2) Why would he bring in his own guys, yet keep Gavin Strachan and John Kennedy at the club? Do the U23's need someone to come in at the minute to take them up to the end of the (non-existent for them) season?

We'll see what happens I suppose. Desmond's already come out and briefed the Record that Lennon is here until the end of the season.

13 minutes ago, G51 said:

It doesn't really make a lot of sense to me.

1) Why would Howe take this job now but not when he was sounded out in November

2) Why would he bring in his own guys, yet keep Gavin Strachan and John Kennedy at the club? Do the U23's need someone to come in at the minute to take them up to the end of the (non-existent for them) season?

We'll see what happens I suppose. Desmond's already come out and briefed the Record that Lennon is here until the end of the season.

1. The league is all but over so it would give him an opportunity to start shaping a squad in his own image without the Sword of Damocles hanging over him

2. If neither have involvement in the first team then moving to other roles should have no impact on Howe.

3. Desmond has been completely silent, I’ve not see a single direct quote this season from him and furthermore the Celtic SLO has already confirmed there was a commitment to get back to fans in the outcome of the review which hasn’t happened yet. 

it could also be utter pish, I guess time will tell

Edited by Jinky67

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

1. The league is all but over so it would give him an opportunity to start shaping a squad in his own image without the Sword of Damocles hanging over him

2. If neither have involvement in the first team then moving to other roles should have no impact on Howe.

3. Desmond has been completely silent, I’ve not see a single direct quote this season from him and furthermore the Celtic SLO has already confirmed there was a commitment to get back to fans in the outcome of the review which hasn’t happened yet. 

I kinda thought the review was settled tbh, but maybe I'm wrong: https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6490596/celtic-lennon-backed-desmond-see-out-season-parkhead/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1609799660

SunSport can reveal the promised New Year review of the under-pressure Celts boss has led to him getting the continued support of Desmond and chief executive Peter Lawwell.

We'll see, but I don't think Howe fixes this for Celtic either. If he's any good, then you're in the exact same position in 18 months when an EPL team poaches him. Celtic need stability in the football department, and that will only come through a DOF.

13 minutes ago, G51 said:

I kinda thought the review was settled tbh, but maybe I'm wrong: https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6490596/celtic-lennon-backed-desmond-see-out-season-parkhead/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1609799660

We'll see, but I don't think Howe fixes this for Celtic either. If he's any good, then you're in the exact same position in 18 months when an EPL team poaches him. Celtic need stability in the football department, and that will only come through a DOF.

I’ve read that article and like I said there is nothing in there that directly quotes DD or indeed PL nor does it reference exactly who the source is.

The only thing I do know to be true is they committed to give the fans the outcome and there has been no communication between them and the fans other than to apologise for the Dubai shit show 

As for is he fixes it who can be sure? There is an ever increasing likelihood Gerrard would be poached before Howe though

Edited by Jinky67

All over twitter that Eddie Howe, favourite for next manager off Celtic, , did he not fail miserably when he left comfort of Bournemouth to go to Burnley and got sacked after a year?

Just now, LiviLion said:

Did Howe not fail miserably when he left comfort of Bournemouth to go to Burnley and got sacked after a year?

That was 8-9 years ago so seems a bit unfair to hold that against him especially after how well he done at Bournemouth thereafter.

10 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Did Howe not fail miserably when he left comfort of Bournemouth to go to Burnley and got sacked after a year?

He apparently got homesick and quit Burnley.