Conquering Europe

oneteaminglasgow

November 2064

f9mnvAz.png

We thrashed Portugal, but we were incredibly wasteful with our chances. Like, Scotland v Moldova levels of wasteful. Managed to grab an equaliser though, so I remain unbeaten as Germany manager.

Denmark are still just worse than us, so we were pretty comfortable. Not as good as we were against Portugal, but we didn't need to be.

1pT3vUd.png

So our group ends up like this, and as already confirmed we go through to the semi. 

We also had the best record of anyone in any group in league A, so that's nice.

1Hlb2fy.png

I've managed to get a club job at long last, and I'm off to Luxembourg. FC Swift Hesperange have been a yo-yo club between the top flight and second tier for a number of years, and are currently sitting just above the relegation spots in the top flight. They've got one Luxembourgish cup to their name, and a host of lower league titles.

I got offered another job in Luxembourg as well, but they seemed a bit diddier.

rCCiPvH.png

That's how the table looks just now. Season is 30 games long, so I've eight to go. 

Meet the Team

4 stars is a leading player for the BGL Ligue, 3 stars is good player for same

uw4WUyS.png

Pretty poor. Bernard is a good enough player, but there's absolutely no depth whatsoever. Will need to try and get something in there as an improvement for this.

om24cqM.png

That's better, although I could do with a left winger since Bernard will be playing up front But basically pretty good.

975hKeR.png

Fairly weak, but not dreadful. Improvement required but not massively urgent, I don't think.

chZ8RvP.png

Attention needed right across the back line. Lima is fine at right back, and I can put out an acceptable defence I suppose, but it's clearly the weakest area of my team, and probably the main reason why we're doing so poorly.

1GqivRB.png

And Weiss is quite good, so I'm pleased with that. 

February 2065

Tu7Gdsy.png

My first game in charge was the cup quarter final, which was a complete shitfest of a match but then we got two goals in about 20 seconds to secure the game, and send us through to the semi finals.

Mixed month in the league, 2 very decent results against sides near the top of the table, but then we fucked it against one of the relegation threatened teams. 

I'll take that though, a positive start especially given how the season has panned out so far for Hesperange.

A6B3oUi.png

Five games to go, and we're level on points with the team in the playoff spot but sitting comfortably ahead on goal difference.

I would be happy if we finished here, and then I can build for next season. 

March 2065

K5YNvTa.png

Four from six in the league, and a penalty shootout loss against one of the countries best sides in the cup semi final.

Could have been worse, could have been better. I'll take it.

jiS8MwY.png

That has moved us four points clear of relegation troubles, which is lovely.

We should be ok this season.

Germany

fxFnfvW.png

A pretty decent start to our qualifying campaign. Should have scored more, especially against the Faroes, but oh well.

We'll qualify no bother regardless.

MER811s.png

Russia have had a shocker, losing to Israel as well.

April 2065

Bh9nPbw.png

Another two solid results. We were a bit lucky with the draw against Mondorf, but absolutely deserved the win in the second game.

Ruben Ferreira has turned out to be a very reliable goal scorer for me. Has nine for the season, but six of those are since I turned up. And he's only 16. Quite pleased.

ESiHULb.png

And with that, we're officially staying up this season.

Also, as an aside, it turns out that like 20% of Luxembourg are from Portugal. Don't know how I didn't know that since I've been before, but aye. Looked it up because I got my youth intake, and half of them are called things like Cédric Morais or Tiago Eduardo.

2065 Nations League Finals

My first chance at some silverware with Germany, although it's the Nations League, and I'd quite like to win. Taking part are ourselves, Spain, England and Belgium.

We're playing Spain in the semi.

Spoiler

RkoAWti.png

Smash and grab. Our equaliser, in the fifth minute of added time, was the first shot on target we managed in the match. We then scored with our second one right at the start of extra time, and then barely bothered trying to attack afterwards. If I was the Spain manager, I'd be legitimately furious, but I'm not so f**k it -Hooray.

Onto the final, where we'll face Belgium.

Spoiler

YATC0rT.png

Turns out that a team who started their world cup qualification campaign with a 4-1 loss at Hampden aren't very good - who'd have seen that coming?

Very different to the semi final, we were comfortable throughout and totally in control. Probably could have been more comprehensive but we eased off a bit after the third goal.

NeeIBVs.png

On 06/09/2021 at 08:54, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Get a friendly v Tuvalu

HUmpqC9.png

Hot on the heels of my Nations League win.

Not quite as comprehensive as I'd have liked, but we had about 5 goals disallowed too. Abelmann padded his goals record a bit, which is nice for him, but other than that it was a bit pointless. I enjoyed it though. 

11 minutes ago, speckled tangerine said:

This thread is fucking brilliant! Fair play to ye One Team! 

Who's been your favourite player through the save mate?

Tough question. Probably Richard Claridge, the boy who came through at Boca in Gibraltar and I brought with me to about 5 other teams. Guram Devadze, Kari Arge and Gil are up there as well. 

14 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

HUmpqC9.png

Hot on the heels of my Nations League win.

Not quite as comprehensive as I'd have liked, but we had about 5 goals disallowed too. Abelmann padded his goals record a bit, which is nice for him, but other than that it was a bit pointless. I enjoyed it though. 

I watched Tuvalu get skelped 6-0 v Padania in London a coupla year back. This is a very disappointing score

Transfers 2065

Fq4YvfU.png

7wkX0vE.png

Some total dross released, and a couple of players who would have been decent squad options gone too. I would have probably liked to keep Moderno around the team, as he can play right and left back reasonably enough, but he wouldn't be first choice in either position so not too fussed.

The Patrick Bernard that I've sent on loan isn't the one who's one of my better strikers, he's a young central midfielder. Not good enough yet, but certainly could be so we'll see how some regular game time helps him.

BjGXJin.png

And it was a really quiet window for us. The embargo didn't help, but we were also outbid on a few players.

First up, we have Rick SImon - a centre half who looks pretty average at everything, which should be more than enough for this league. His positioning is good, so that'll definitely be a big plus and he's better than anything I had last season.

Spoiler

WnLPzYL.png

Moritz Boning is a striker and he's a very technically proficient one. Good finishing, good first touch and technique, decent movement. The main issue, and it's clearly the reason why he can't hack it at a higher level, is that he's outrageously slow. I still think he should do well, if we can get him the ball in the box, I'd fancy him to score more often than not.

Spoiler

tic2R7i.png

Last up, is a defensive midfielder in Andrea Freichel. I won't be playing him as a defensive midfielder, he'll be my left back. He's a bit like Simon in that he's pretty average at everything, and I wouldn't expect him to do anything in an attacking sense, but should be solid enough at the back.

Spoiler

h3njqAK.png

So, that's it for me. I did have another centre half from my Gostivar team lined up, who I had offered my maximum wage of 300 per week, but then Differdange, who are in the second tier, offered him almost 9k a week, so he went there instead. Which is fair enough. Made me look at the salaries in the league though, and there's a bit of a gulf in finances...

1db7DJw.png

Differdange, as I say, are in the second tier and they're spending 1.2million a year. Ridiculous.

August 2065

omWrkBc.png

Two good results to start us off, and a thoroughly disappointing one. Moritz Boning has had an excellent start to his career with us, which is good, and we're still unbeaten and we've already played and done well in, theoretically, our toughest game away at Dudelange.

A positive start.

Zw6ZvVw.png

I think we'll probably end up around here in the table. But then again, when I say that we usually end up champions, so who knows really.