Conquering Europe

oneteaminglasgow

February 2060

Yhvpbsq.png

Only four points picked up this month, but that's probably one more point than I expected to get. We probably should have grabbed a point late on against Partizani as well, but these things happen.

We're into the cup semi final as well, where we'll be facing Partizani. Shame that we can't face shite lower league teams all the way through, but oh well.

vxQYSqO.png

Still just a point ahead.

I'm pretty confident in saying that we'll finish either 7th or 8th, but no idea which. 

March 2060

dNmpLuN.png

You absolute fucking beauty.

We were lucky against Kukesi, they had far more chances than we did and just weren't clinical at all while we were able to take the only chances we had. Skenderbeu likely handed us the win by giving away 3 penalties for utterly pointless fouls. We missed one and still had enough.

Korabi was the only game we really deserved to win, and we deserved to win by more but nine points from nine is excellent so I won't complain too much about the scoreline. We also kept ourselves in with a chance of getting to the cup final with a draw in the first leg, so aye, a great month.

Wg0Ymqr.png

We still have eight games left to play, including one against Bylis. If we win that game, I think I'll be comfortable in saying that we're guaranteed to stay up.

We're in a very strong position now regardless. If we continue our frankly miraculous run (we won't) then we could have a late run into Europe...

April 2060

ircStgY.png

Not quite the heights of last month, but very solid stuff all round and a fantastic win in then cup semi final thrown in as well. 

Who knows where we could have been if we'd been able to have this kind of form all season rather than just right at the end, but it bodes well going forward at any rate.

k4o6BMg.png

cvxgaEV.png

Job officially done and we're staying up. Just about trying to finish as high up the table as possible now, and of course we have the cup final to look forward to.

All in all, a very pleasing season despite a shambolic couple of months to start it off. 

Albanian Cup Final - 2060

It's a first cup final since 1998 for Apollonia, and we're facing KF Tirana - a side who've won the cup 34 times. Will be a very tough test, and we have three losses and a draw against them this season so far. I'm not expecting much but you never know. The fact we've made the final at all is remarkable given how bad a side we've been for a large chunk of the season.

Spoiler

BbzPJSL.png

Aye, it wasn't to be. We didn't have anything at all in the first half as they completely dominated us, although apart from the goal they never really cut us open either. The second half was a bit better and we had a couple of half chances, but nothing that we definitely should have scored and it fizzled out in the end. They did deserve to win the game to be honest.

May 2060

167MXXp.png

Well, with our primary aim of staying in the division achieved, we've spent the final month of the season going through the motions and getting thumped wherever we play. f**k it. 

Mostly I've been looking at who I'll be signing for next season anyway, wasn't fussed about results other than the cup final.

Hj0NF35.png

I'll count that as a successful season, ten points ahead of the relegation playoff (which Bylis won, obviously).

My attack is pretty decent, but I really need to sort out my defence to improve next year.

tMHsT9k.png

Got offered this out of the blue. Latvia are currently the fifth worst side in Europe, ahead of only San Marino, Andorra, Gibraltar and Malta. They're ranked below powerhouses such as Guam, Yemen and American Samoa.

Think I'll take it and see if I can get anything out of their band of jokers.

Transfers 2060

ZXIJwdX.png

zf78Q0t.png

The players who've left up first. Youssef Rehani was a sort of semi-regular starter for me, but not really good enough. Likewise with Kllogjeri and Jusuf. Muca was a young player with loads of potential, and will probably go on to be more than good enough for a side looking to win the league, but he wasn't there yet. 

Other than that, no losses here.

Spoiler

l6S5Sux.png

Right, up first we have Murahem Hoxha, a right winger. He used to play here, before spending a few seasons at Kukesi not really getting a game.. He's qucik though, and a bit different from my other winger. His arrival means that I now definitely have two decent options on the right wing, which wasn't the case last season, so I'll call that a win.

Spoiler

pRujx10.png

Muhamed Gojani is here to be my first choice striker, which might be harsh on Cekaj who he replaces, but Gojani is better. He's quick, has good movement and is a very decent finisher. I'm pleased with this one.

Spoiler

dviioQy.png

Now, onto my defence. Valon Ndreca is a centre half who joins for a fair bit of money. His positioning is a bit suspect, but other than that he's a good defender. I won't be expecting him to do anything at all with the ball though.

Spoiler

IC9vUot.png

Elton Bytyqi joins as a utility player. Pretty solid all along the back line, but not first choice in any of them. Kind of guy my squad could use as sticking him on the bench will cover me in a number of areas, allowing me to throw a few more attackers on there.

Spoiler

EdzObB9.png

Enes Alili is my back up goalkeeper who was signed because I let my two back ups from last season leave. He won't play unless McDowell gets injured. Hopefully that won't happen since he doesn't look up to much.

Spoiler

YrWozrS.png

Matteo Pizzuto joins to partner Ndreca in my defence, and he looks ok, although he's really poor in the air for a centre back. That said, his positioning is good and he's strong and good when the balls on the ground so I think the two of them should make a decent enough partnership.

Spoiler

5I5AFov.png

Gentian Broja was my last minute signing and will challenge Gojani to play up front. He's not as quick, but has a better first touch and slightly better finishing. They're both pretty similar players but the pair of them should give me some good options.

Spoiler

84VPzZg.png

August 2060

U58LLo7.png

Not the best start, and we're now without a win in 7 league games, but not the worst start either and we played ok in both games - although we ended up with 10 men in both as well.

Good to see Gojani grab his first goal for us too.

U1ijMQZ.png

Early days but that's the table so far. 

September 2060

ENO7mPt.png

And that's much better. After scraping a draw against Skenderbeu, we got our season really started with a fantastic win over newly promoted Villanzia. We were well on the way to defeat against Tirana, before I threw on Hoxha, and Tirana couldn't handle his pace as he changed the game and we came out victorious.

Pogradeci are pish, and we were incredibly comfortable despite ending yet another game with 10 men.

ouWMtdw.png

We're doing pretty well so far, although it's obviously early days. 

Latvia

F0Cj6dB.png

We're quite a bad team :lol:

Andorra deserved the draw against us, and that's the same team who took a 4-1 loss against Gibraltar. 

An awful lot of work needs done with this mob. 

9RzLyPG.png

October 2060

sl3aY4z.png

Pretty average month, we should basically always be beating Bylis and definitely always be beating fourth tier nobodies like Bilisht. Teura and Kukesi are both good sides, and we didn't play particularly well in those two games so lucky to get a point really.

Back to our best in the Partizani game, very pleasing stuff. Muhamed Gojani is also, currently, the top scorer in the league with seven, so with any luck he'll keep that up.

GlsHqym.png

Ten games in and we're hanging around the European spots, delightful. I'd certainly take fourth at the end of the season.

Latvia

XagJRT1.png

Better.

We gave Gibraltar a doing, and actually looked like a competent side. I know the team we were playing against aren't good, but it was very encouraging. We then were very unfortunate not to beat Kazakhstan, a big turn around from last month when they were miles better than us.

cHo8PxW.png

We've to play Andorra and Gibraltar still - win them and we'll need to hope Kazakhstan lose one of their games, but we've got a chance to win this group, remarkably. 

November 2060

wqdzSLA.png

Well, we scraped through those games but I'll take it. A very solid month.

We have the second leg of the cup to go, but have put ourselves in a decent position there.

GbaT3RT.png

Top of the fucking table.

Beautiful.

Latvia

bjIIvKZ.png

Well, we needed two wins to have a chance and we got them. The boy Kovalonoks who got a hattrick is one of our best players, on the books at Shakhtar (although he's never made a club appearance yet). Scraped past Gibraltar with a 16 year old getting the winner.

BDO422Q.png

The Kazakhs fucked it up, and we're getting promoted to play some proper teams. Lovely stuff.

Anyway, thought I'd share some of our better players, by which I mean basically anyone not playing in the Latvian league. As above, we have a boy at Shakhtar who plays right winger, and is quite decent. Doubt he'll make it there, but should have a significantly better career than 99% of my squad.

Spoiler

1tla5ff.png

Aleksejs Muzars is an attacking midfielder, playing for Oostede (well, he's on the books there, they've never given him a game). Still, he's quite good and with 33 caps by 20 years old, he has a decent shot at being Latvia's most capped ever (currently 167 for Vitalijs Astafjevs).

Spoiler

8YMvpP8.png

December 2060

RAeK6vW.png

Been dealing with a few injuries this month, but we've managed to come through it relatively unscathed. We were really, really poor in the loss against Tirana, not managing a single shot, and then snuck through on aggregate in the cup, but the two wins either side against some of the league's poorest teams was good.

yFCNrj2.png

Off top spot, but we're still in the chase for it, and more importantly we're building up a decent lead over fifth to stay in the European spots.

Latvia

No games this month, but the draw for the World Cup qualifying was made...

jKMkghw.png

We have no chance, obviously. Belgium were runners up at the last world cup, and have the guy below playing for them, while Russia came third at that world cup so I'm genuinely terrified at what they'll do to us. I'd like to hope we can compete against North Macedonia, Albania and Georgia though.

Spoiler

7XaVsFd.png

January 2061

2snj7Jn.png

Fucking outstanding stuff, particularly against the sides around us in the table.

Shout out to Lilaj who's been outstanding all month. His goal against Kukesi was filthy as well...

Spoiler

97d63c9d8bd30767dfbf5f2ca60a2e82.gif

That win over Kukesi propelled us on to a great run as well, and we dished out a few utter doings to Teuta and Laci, the other teams in the top 4 at the time. Only dropped points were at Skenderbeu, who were unlucky not to beat us, but I'll take it.

tEaPJk2.png

Back to the top of the table after that, although we're only a point ahead. Hopefully we can get a proper lead built up over the next month or so. 

February 2061

JC3LIMw.png

A good month, again, albeit we weren't entirely convincing in any of the games. Wins at all of the bottom three, a loss in the cup which was still enough to see us into the semi final on aggregate and a draw with Tirana. Couple of last minute winners as well, which is always delightful.

0LpYfDo.png

Kukesi had a couple of poor results, which has allowed us to pull slightly ahead. Wonderful.

We're playing them next month, so it's good to have a wee buffer.