Conquering Europe

oneteaminglasgow

March 2044

xx0U0B0.png

Not really the start to the season I was after. On the other hand, these were the top 3 in the table last season, and we weren't embarrassed in any of them, so that's positive.

J3Zpk43.png

We'll see how the table looks once we've played some of the teams I expect to be competing with to stay up.

April 2044

UKDmdip.png

That's more like it. Very poor against B36, and we were dumped out the cup early doors against Ki, but 3 wins in the league is excellent. 

And some month for Kari Arge, who came through the youth intake last season.

oke5b48.png

That's more like it. To be honest, I'd take that at the end of the season.

NSI and HB running away at the top a bit. 

11 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Is it a six team playoff at the end of the year?

Doesn't seem so - I can't work out why 3rd to 6th are highlighted. I had thought they had a playoff for the European places, like in Wales, but apparently not that either. 

May 2044

aH989qM.png

Again, we're quite inconsistent but we're still picking up wins. We also got absolutely fucked over in the Ki game with a really harsh red care about 20 minutes in,. HB are miles ahead of us though.

OIOfTM7.png

We've played everyone at least once now, and we're doing pretty well considering it's our first season up. 

June 2044

nhYJ3sa.png

Quiet month, a narrow loss and an emphatic win. I'll take that.

As I've said, NSI and HB are miles ahead of us, and indeed the rest of the league. But, outside of those two, there doesn't seem to be much between the rest of the teams in the division.

XHMl75E.png

3rd and possibly 4th can get European football, so we're very much in the fight for that. 

July 2044

zcwAj9S.png

A pretty good month, despite the loss to B36 starting it off. We're a very weird team - we've taken 100% of the points available to us against teams below 5th, but only managed a single point in all the games against teams above that. 

Arge continues his ridiculous first season. he's now on 19 goals and 1 assist in 17 appearances. 

7vR4KIh.png

One round of games against everyone to go. As I said before, we're in with a shout at European football, but we really need to improve our results against the top sides if we want to achieve any more than that. This season is a write off in that regard anyway. 

August 2044

CJG3C6P.png

Considering how poorly we've done against all of these teams so far this season, I'll take that. We were only really bad in the B36 game, the rest we did fine.

gbDhxYO.png

Looks like it's between us and Ki for 4th. On paper, we should have an easier run in, but we'll see how it goes. 

September 2044

RTabQRC.png

That's better. We should have beaten Vikingur, but 7 points from 9 is ok. 2 games left this season, I'm hopeful that'll be another 6 points and a very decent first season up will be done.

ZLXnhoV.png

We're in the driving seat for 4th, and have given us a decent shot at finishing 3rd. 

The cup final is between HB and KI so there's a chance that 4th won't get us European football, but we'll see what happens. 

October 2044

sty2xwS.png

We went into our final two games knowing that two wins would guarantee 4th, and give us a decent shot at getting 3rd. We got them, pretty comfortably in both. Kari Arge managed to get himself up to 28 league goals for the season, so over a goal a game. Some effort.

y23yroy.png

And it was enough for us to get to 3rd, with B36 drawing and losing in their final two. We're still a fair way off HB at the top, and our record against the rest of the top 5 s woeful, but a good first season up nonetheless. It also means that...

gWBkWMs.png

We're into the Europa Conference League. It'll probably be a one tie and out effort, but still.

Anyway, mind when I was talking up Kari Arge...

7cOHJS0.png

oURKMHH.png

bALjO4y.png

zCJDPsI.png

Not bad for his first season of professional football.

YMY0gY2.png

wQ8xuPb.png

We also had the best goalkeeper in the league, apparently, and I got manager of the year, so that's nice. 

Transfers 2045

raHCs4z.png

QYsjI20.png

Nothing really lost there - I've managed to keep all of my main players, including a few who I had agreed to sell if an offer of a certain amount came in. Thankfully, no offers came in so no problems there.

e3nkV4U.png

Mostly, but not entirely, just trying to build a fair but of depth into the team. I got my deals done early on too, so hopefully they've all managed to settle into the team and start the season well.

Anyway, Magni Justinussen was on loan with us last season, and looked pretty good, so I've made it permanent for 400 quid. He can play centre half and left back, and is fine at both. Certainly gives us good depth.

Spoiler

eaXkbOm.png

Sandro SInato is here to be my best centre back, joining on a free after leaving HB. He's a good tackler, and he's not got any glaring deficiencies, so I'm pretty pleased with him. Can also cover right back, if absolutely necessary, but he'll be playing centre half week in, week out.

Spoiler

0ecog2P.png

Martin Magnussen is the third of my four centre halves/full backs, and again he's pretty decent. Provides depth. He'll probably play quite a lot at right back, which is one of the weak points of my squad, but he should do the job.

Spoiler

lx6lXjJ.png

Last up of the defenders, we have Frodi Jakobsen - who will be playing left back a fair bit, and also providing cover at centre half. Not great, but not terrible either and his positioning is excellent.

Spoiler

If74bsk.png

Moving onto players who aren't defenders, we have Amleto De Marco, a centre midfielder who I paid a couple of thousand pounds for. He looks good on the ball, but pish defensively. Still, his passing and vision will be a good tool to have in the team.

Spoiler

YNS8MOY.png

Lastly, we have right winger Bardur Kjaerbo. He's good technically, and he's quick as well, so I can't really ask for much more from a winger in this league. Should do well.

Spoiler

Sip6NZL.png

March 2045

Twe6sh6.png

Well, that's some start to the season. Same three teams we started against last year, and we've got 9 points rather than the 1 we got, and not conceded a single goal. We got a bit of a helping hand against KI with a 10th minute red card for them, and then HB was a strange game - very evenly matched in everything apart from goals. Still, evenly matched with them is a massive improvement from last season.

XJqpnev.png

Perfect start, and we've only played some of the leagues top sides so far. Need to keep this momentum up.

Malaysia

SNtcthU.png

My career with Malaysia started with a scrappy friendly win over Laos. They're one of the worst teams in the world, so beating them should be a given, but it was still nice to start with a win.

We then moved on to our Asian cup qualifiers, and absolutely stole a win against Qatar. We didn't create anything apart from our two goals, while they should have scored a few, but I'll take it. A perfect start to the qualifying campaign.

Rt9oREA.png

Qatar, on paper, should be the best team in this, followed by us, while Kuwait and Pakistan are both absolutely shite. Given how we've started with the win against Qatar, we should be getting through this. 

April 2045

NHsblFz.png

Our form has continued, as I would have hoped, against the league's shitier teams. We also got through in the cup, against perrenial winners HB, so that's nice. We've got Ki in the next round.

This could be a very fun season.

VSQwtPE.png

Maximum points so far, but NSI have won every game apart from against us, so we haven't managed to open up too much of a gap so far. Hopefully they'll drop some points in coming weeks and we can pull away. 

May 2045

DB0GqWh.png

Bit of a wobble at the end of the month, but we shouldn't have lost to HB, and it was a last minute goal for KI, so I'm not overly worried. The two wins to start us off meant we went through the entire first third of the season without dropping a point.

uTJyAlu.png

Despite the dropped points, we remain 3 points ahead of NSI. We face them next, so a good chance to extend our lead. 

June 2045

To start off, I made a signing in our mid season transfer window this month - 18 year old Malaysian Roslan Dawat. He's a pretty decent player, good touch, passing and vision, and with his age, there's plenty of time for him to improve. Mostly I signed him because I'm planning on sticking around with Malaysia for a while, he was a free agent and I didn't want him to retire young. In any case, hopefully he'll improve for both teams.

Spoiler

BpcEhKz.png

S2PTPd7.png

Fairly quiet month fixture wise, but we managed to sneak a draw at NSI to keep us ahead of them, before a solid win in the league and getting ourselves into the cup semi final, so good work all round. Dawat scored a 30 yard free kick and then played a 40 year pass to set up the third goal, so that was nice.

We should now be favourites for the cup. Other than us, the highest placed team left in it being Skala in 6th. We'll see what happens though. 

9zi6AYz.png

A poor month from NSI sees them slip back to 3rd, we're now two points clear of HB at the top. Next month is busy with the European games, but mostly we're playing teams we should beat in the league. 

Malaysia

009PQBg.png

As I said, Pakistan are pretty shite so we beat them very comfortably. The boy Hashim who scored two goals was making his debut out of position, so that was nice to see.

Saudi Arabia are a decent side so I expected to lose to them, but we did ok.

3OmLZh5.png

Our next qualifier is Kuwait in September. Win that and we're all but on the plane to China.

July 2045

xerAaxY.png

As I said, a really busy month - 5 league games and 4 European games thrown in as well.

On the league front, the only real disappointment was losing against Skala. We had to come back from 2 down against Vikingur, but the other 3 victories were fine. We just didn't click against Skala though, and deserved to lose.

In Europe, that 4-0 away at Laci is the best I've seen this team play. The home leg was incredibly fortunate - if they could finish they'd have scored at least 4, maybe more. But they couldn't, and so on we went. Vojvodina were, unsurprisingly, much, much better than us.

GWtPoIY.png

We're still top, since HB dropped points to Skala as well, but our lead is down to 1 point. We play HB next month, and it's starting to look like it might be between us and them for the title.

August 2045

GlW2NWl.png

Couldn't have asked for much better than that. Through to the final of the cup, two wins against pretty decent teams and one against a shite one, but probably most important was that we held HB to a draw. They had 23 shots to our 3, but the only thing that really matters is that 1-1 scoreline. Puts us in control of the title race.

SHMY6a0.png

They also slipped up elsewhere, and so our lead at the top is now 5 points with 5 games to go.

We should be ending the season as champions. 

September 2045

2ZpxFwF.png

Dropped points against B68 was pretty disappointing, but we saw off the bottom two sides pretty convincingly in our next two games. Almost there...

SxfRdLD.png

Aye, very, very nearly there. If we win one of our remaining games, then HB need to win both and have a bit of a goal difference swing to win it. If we get 4 points or they drop any points, we're champions.

Malaysia

URYFgbM.png

Nice easy win in the friendly, although we did fall behind which was quite embarrassing. The draw with Kuwait wasn't great, but we did have 10 men for a good portion of the game, so I'll take it.

6BAAEvB.png

We're still top, and in control of our hopes to qualify. Qatar at home next month.

Matchday 26 - 2045

Spoiler

TIOcajO.png

Well, we did our bit. Not the best game I've ever sat through, but we got the job done and against a side we've struggled against previously. Kari Arge doing the business once again. Would have been nice to extend the goal difference a bit, but oh well.

That meant that HB had to match our result to take the race to the final day. Could they do it?

Spoiler

LUpWlSL.png

Could they f**k.

UI39lIw.png

SMLdEiZ.png